It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Confirmed!) We're hearing that police have joined the rally in WI after being asked to disperse th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The chickens are coming home to roost.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
reply to post by Vitchilo

The chickens are coming home to roost.

And hopefully the cops and the soldiers who will protect the banks and Washington DC will come to their senses and join the protesters.

But I know that a lot of them are brainwashed... or you know, the US government and the banks might hire mercenaries... like KBR. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the5thcape

Sir, I would love to answer your question. But I do not think that it is worth the time. I am pretty sure that your brand of logic and my own are manufactured by different companies, and they are not using a single standard.

You have the right to believe whatever you wish. You want to hate unions? I respect your right to your own opinion. I think we should just agree to disagree and move on.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson
[moreAmen its gonna hurt and hurt bad were trillions of dollars in debt and both parties put us there. Thats the part I dont get is that people still take sides. Its like people think fox and msnbc and cnn are different. There like politicians, same people just different faces. Wake up AMERICA.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just found this article on WKOW..
here is the link:
www.wkow.com...

Wisconsin police urged to camp out at Capitol

MADISON (WKOW) -- The Wisconsin Professional Police Association is urging members to camp out at the Capitol. The law enforcement community opposes Walker's bill that cuts collective bargaining for most state employees. State officials voted Wednesday to remove protesters from offices and hearing rooms after Saturday's normal business hours.

I also seen this article which I found to be an outrage on the part of the Governor, I guess the Madison Police Chief Noble Wray did as well.

Wray says Walker's comments 'unsettling'
By Capitol Bureau Chief Bob Schaper - bio | email | Twitter | Facebook MADISON (WKOW) -- "Unsettling" and "troubling." Those were the words Madison Police Chief Noble Wray used to describe statements made by Gov. Scott Walker during a prank phone call. During the call, Walker told a caller that he and his staff considered planting agitators among Capitol ralliers, presumably in a bid to turn public opinion away from anti-Walker protesters. Walker said he ultimately dismissed the idea because it could backfire politically.

You can read the full article here:
www.wkow.com...

How sad that the Governor feels a need to engage in childish prank phone calls and discuss planting trouble makers into a peaceful protest..shameful he would even consider the probable disastrous outcome of doing that.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I mean, it makes sense, because leos are government workers... And they belong to unions...

As long as there are large corporations, there will be unions...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
But, but, but! Who's gonna arrest all those evil people who are "illegally" holding a peaceful protest?! I thought this was 'Merica! Arrest those peaceful protesters, dad-gummit!

This makes me so happy to read. Not to bring crazy metaphysics into all this but this year does seem to be fitting with wrapping up the "era of ethical society". The people are waking up all over the world. It's beautiful. Let's just keep the love involved.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
why is it always the people that have to make sacrifices???
What cuts is the governor making to his pay or his benefits????
What cuts is he making his staff take???
I notice he is leaving big business alone and not asking the million and billionaires to help in anyway or to sacrifice anything???
To sit on a pedestal and and tell everyone this is a matter of survival yet you do nothing yourself to prove your point so how can they give themselves increases in pay but tell everyone else they now need to become slaves to corporate America or else but sit in your ivory tower and drink your fine wines and the best REAL food money can buy.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

We are going to have to agree to disagree. This attack on collective bargaining has the potential to adversely impact workers for many years. Here in Washington we fought hard to get collective bargaining and are not going to give it up easily. While you may believe that we should be content with collective begging I do not. I do not get to retire at age 55 with a wonderful cushy pension as so many have erroneously stated, I also pay my fair share of my health benefits and into my pension fund.

I support my brothers and sister fighting for their rights. I wish them all the best. I believe that had the Wisconsin bargained fairly with the unions they would not now be in this mess. Then to hear the Governor state that they had considered bringing in people to stir up trouble; it made my blood run cold. We just closed our contract and it might just interest you to know that we passed overwhelmingly a contract that gave us a 3% across the board pay cut; our only demand on it, that the cut be from the top meaning our Governor down, and so it is. We also agreed to pay a larger share of our benefits. Seems to me that had Governor Walker met with and treated the unions fairly it would have been much much different.

And yes, I'm a very proud Teamster.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's incredible how warped and backwards this thing is becoming.

The PEOPLE are represented by whomever they voted legally into office. These 'protesters' aren't activists , they are run of the mill strikers.

The spin on this is ridiculous: simply, if you side with the unions here, you are siding AGAINST the majority of the American working class and WITH govemp Union bosses.

This is The 'anti-Egypt' so to speak.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Seems to me that had Governor Walker met with and treated the unions fairly it would have been much much different.

Exactly! Treat American workers with respect, dignity, and fairness.

We lose our self-respect and dignity when we don't treat others with respect and dignity.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
I found something!

Raw Story

This is a live blog of ongoing events around the nation related to the workers' rights demonstrations.

and a live feed!

Live feed
edit on 2/26/2011 by ugie1028 because: I trimmed the quote. Go to the links.

Sorry if this has already been brought up an not sure what to make of it, but the Live Feed link is saying they are off the air. Gotta say though, I was wondering what the Police were going to do, I mean, they are union member too, even though they an fire fighters are excluded. They're probably figuring it'll just be a matter of time before they get hit too. Gotta say, if this is true and it's sounding to be just that, then good for them.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

Might want to remember the protesters are voters and taxpayers just like everybody else. They are exercising their rights as Americans to protest and are doing so peacefully. I support and applaud them for doing so. Would that we all had the backbone to do so.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

I hear ya, and I'm really not on either side of this. But what happens if the states and federal government just really can't afford to pay these people like they've been doing? Its like a kid asking the parent for money and the parent really don't have any money to give. I'm not comparing union workers to kids although as I posted before I think we've all gotten used to living beyond our means on borrowed money and we are all spoiled to an extent.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Gotta say after rereading though this and afew of the links, I'm getting a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't shake the feeling somethings gonna happen. Is the gonernor now that the police seem to be turning against him going to go through with his plan an plant some trouble makers now? A false flag? Man, I hope I'm wrong. Anybody else feeling it?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Well if they cant afford it, then maybe we should be closing tax loopholes for corporations so we generate more revenue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Corporate America has never been better off. They are having profits in the double digits. Maybe they should be paying their way in the country that helped make them great.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm on the side of fair dealings; we knew there would be cuts be just wanted them to be fair and I believe that is all most people want; fair treatment. It took a demonstration for us to get it but get it we did.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Ok i understand this and I admit I don't know much about the tax system when it comes to corporations. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that no matter if its a republican or democrat in the white house or these state governments these loopholes stay the same. If I'm wrong and they have changed with the party in power, let me know. I'm open.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

It's more than a bad feeling it's abhorrent, and the really sad part is I'm not shocked that Gov. Scott Walker considered (prank or not) to plant agitators among Capitol ralliers. This isn't a joke these are human beings in a building that the People of WI own and pay for along with his salary, it's monstrous to think that anyone would do such an act against fellow citizens possibly causing serious injury. He should be run outta town on a rail and the faster the better.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Politicians do have the power to change taxes. Do you remember a short while back all the hoo ha about whether or not to extend the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest people?

So, politician absolutely are in charge of who pays what tax, and they can change it. We do need to make our politicians change it though. The way it is now, they dont feel they have to listen to us anymore. Last spring the Supreme Court issued a ruling that has allowed corporations to freely buy political campaigns. And now, essentially, the gloves are off. A lot of the just flat out weird and kinda creepy disregard for public opinion, and your politicians pretty brazenly telling voters to screw themselves while sucking up to corporate America is because of this.

What we have to do is not get our information about who to vote for from the media, where they corporate sponsored politicians will be advertised. We need to vote in someone who ISNT running ads. Someone who isnt in bed with the corporations. And then we need to do some house cleaning.

edit on 26-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join