So in short:
1) Koch Brothers get their puppet Governor Walker in power
2) Governor Walker gins up a crisis
3) Democrats and Progressives take the bait and counter-protest on collective bargaining
4) Governor Walker will compromise on collective bargaining if the rest of the budget is passed as is
5) Bill passes, with trojan horse give-a-way to the Koch Brothers nested in
6) Koch Brothers will buy Wisconsin state-owned power plants for pennies on the dollar in closed unsolicitated bids for which there will be no oversight
7) Koch Brothers get the best vertical monopoly in a generation
Congressional Republicans intent on big spending cuts are on a collision course with Wall Street's top regulators over a plan to slash millions from agency budgets. Lawmakers are targeting the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the Securities and Exchange Commission. The work of both agencies is set to balloon as the Dodd-Frank financial reform law is implemented.
Originally posted by klarkowski67
Here you go...
What is the truth of our present problem?:
1. All governments (Federal, State and Local) are taking in less tax revenue because of the recession.
2. The recession was caused by Bankers.
a. Our past president de-regulated numerous bank oversight regulations.
b. Banks could now be “investment banks” and sell debts on the open markets (to make more money at greater risk to society). Remember when your bank was actually a “bank”?
c. Banks then legally loaned excessive amounts of money to poor bets such as subprime debtors (and other dubious things that use to be illegal).
d. Banks marketed these bad debts to investors as “Collateralized Debt Obligations” (they were just bad loans hidden behind a fancy, Wall Street name).
e. Banks convinced bond rating agencies such as Moody’s to give the Collateralized Debt Obligations a AAA rating (great investment!).
f. AIG, who insures bank loans, maximized their profit thus had no capital to pay distressed loans.
g. Based on AAA rating, fund managers such as the State of Wisconsin retirement fund, bought a bunch of Collateralized Debt Obligations. Retirement funds don’t hold cash, they invest their money just like everyone else.
h. Subprime loans were not repaid by debtors.
i. Bad debts couldn’t be paid by AIG because there was no money.
j. State retirement funds dried up (Mississippi’s went bankrupt).
k. Taxpayers (you and me) gave $800 billion to the bankers and AIG (who then took large bonuses).
l. Bankers and AIG laugh all the way to the bank; they made billions and stayed in business after going bankrupt.
m. Our national and state debts go up and you and I will pay these bankers forever.
3. Country blames the new president – Obama (he wasn’t president when any of this happened).
4. Because this is Obama’s fault, the country elects republicans at the mid-term elections (Walker) to chase out the “tax and spend Democrats” (recall the banker story above).
5. Republicans cut taxes for the rich (less revenue for depleted States because of the bankers recession).
6. An now for the crowning lie of all (truth…if you watch Fox News)….BLAME THE TEACHERS!
It's been a good week for fans of the bombastic ‘80s musical Les Misérables. First, Anne Hathaway parodied "On My Own" (a.k.a., the awkward 13-year-old's Song of Big Feelings) at this Sunday's Oscars. That same day, inside Madison, Wisconsin's Capitol building, a group of protesters rallied the troops with a version of the show's big 11th-hour number, "Do You Hear the People Sing." Now you have to take these guys seriously, Scott Walker!
It seems the Unions are looking out for the little guy here.
United we stand divided we fall, sounds familar?
The problem here is not the teachers it is the administration, whether school or gubbment.
No sense making the little guy pay.
Originally posted by PplVSNWO
Originally posted by Kailassa
I was able to collect enough evidence before I left to have the company agree to allow unionisation rather than have their practises revealed. Once the place was unionised wages went up, women could be promoted and women could no longer be blackmailed into engaging in sex.
Wow, threatening to report a companies illegal activities unless they allow unions to come in. Isn't that blackmail?