It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Lawmakers Arm Citizenry: Bill Allows Any LAW-ABIDING Citizen To Carry Firearms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I wonder what our resident police officers have to say about this.

Hmmmm. Anyone???

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I hope the rest of the States pass similar laws because having to apply for a CCW in my state cost total of $170.00 that covers the 12 hour class and the processing fee. According to the 2nd Amendment having to go through all that infringes on our rights as law abiding gun owners. Crime rates drop dratsically when the playing field is even.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Awesome story, and I agree with the bill, but would they have still given a standing ovation if you splashed that guys brain all over the parking lot?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I don't know what they'll they'll think. I think there are twice as many of them as we need, driving new cars and sucking up gas, harassing citizens, filling the local gov't coffers, and watching out for each other instead of us.

"Serve and Protect" hasn't been the case in a long long time so who cares what they think?

But they usually DO make it to the scene in time for clean up though...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Awesome story, and I agree with the bill, but would they have still given a standing ovation if you splashed that guys brain all over the parking lot?

TBCH, I'm very happy it didn't go that route.

Originally posted by TreadUpon
reply to post by OldCorp

I don't know what they'll they'll think. I think there are twice as many of them as we need, driving new cars and sucking up gas, harassing citizens, filling the local gov't coffers, and watching out for each other instead of us.

"Serve and Protect" hasn't been the case in a long long time so who cares what they think?

But they usually DO make it to the scene in time for clean up though...

I don't agree. Most police officers I know - as a journalist I know quite a few - are decent, brave, hardworking individuals. When TSHTF, I can guarantee that local law enforcement, city, county, and maybe even highway patrol, will be our last line of defense. They don't want to see their families enslaved any more than we do.

I DO agree that there are bad cops who abuse their authoritah, as evidenced by a plethora of videos on Youtube, but I think they are also in the minority.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

This is the right thinking here, South Carolina. Now why don't Ohio get on the ball? I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and all that it entails, the Constitutional Right not only to bear arms, but to use them if necessary. I had an incident happen to me in NYC that makes me glad to have guns even today. I was sitting at a stop light in the Bronx, and a kid climbed up to the window and stuck a little automatic in my face, demanding money. I could see that the hammer was not back, so I pulled out my .38 revolver and stuck it in his face. He quickly dropped the gun and ran, the light turned green, and off I went, leaving the gun in the middle of the street. I think everyone that wants to should carry a gun. That way the criminals will be so afraid they will not try to rob us. The government will pay attention too, unless you have been living beneath a rock, there are those on Capital Hill that wants to disarm you all, take your guns away from you. Never let this happen. Guns are the only thing standing between you, and a complete government takeover.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I starred your post because I hope you're right. But if they can do it in Camden, NJ...for another thread anyways, I don't want to derail the great news here!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Cautious optimism here...

This is exactly what is mandated by the US Constitution, and for that reason I am glad to see it: optimistic. The caution comes in on two counts:
  • Some will be against this legislation, possibly to the extent that they will go to extreme lengths to make it appear as a failure, even if it is a success, and
  • There may well be a period when society adjusts to this more reasonable plan with unreasonable actions... meaning a spike in shootings is possible until people regain their natural role of self-protection.

Still, I am looking at this as a potential positive and keeping my fingers crossed that Bama will see a successful implementation in South Carolina and decide to follow suit. And this is coming from someone who has no issue with retaining a CCW permit.

Ain't freedom grand?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This law needs to pass in more states. I think it's time to send some letters to governer in my own state.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

I just wanted everyone to know that the Law Abiding Citizens Act (RIGHT TO CARRY HASNT PASSED BY THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE),that will be the deciding vote and Im not sure when they will vote on it I for one am totally for it.Keep your fingers crossed for South Carolina

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hope it passes. This would be great news for the fine folk in South Carolina. I had a stint at Fort Jackson and Columbia really had a bad crime wave going on at that time, which probably could have been lessened greatly if the populace were better allowed to defend themselves.

Gun Control Laws only harm the law-abiding.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Personally I'd love to see the FFL repealed (along with the ATF) and state's reasserting their rights over gun ownership. So long as one state's residents keeps in mind traveling into another state would mean complying with their laws

Yes, if you want to carry your firearm in another state then you still have to have a Concealed Weapon Permit.

Not True.

Most states in the US do allow open carry and many, without having any permit or registration at all. See opencarry.org for more details.

I can strap my gun to my hip holster and walk around all day and no one can take that right away from me in my state. I have no papers for the gun, nor is it registered.

So many states do allow open carry and most of them let you travel between them. You just have to know the laws for the state you want to go into.
edit on 26-6-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: adition

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join