It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama declares national state of emergency over Libya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Did anyone see the UN security Council moved to adopt a resolution to pass over Gaddafi and his "cohorts" to the ICC on ground of Crimes against Humanity?

I'm trying to find the resolution number, as i only caughter part of the doc number. 2011-95 or something like that.

UN site doesn't have it up yet. I saw the UN meeting on Al-Jazeera.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Exactly.. we've been in a state of emergency since 01...

National Emergencies Act

State of National Emergency in effect since September 2001

The United States has been in a state of national emergency continuously since September 14, 2001, when the Bush administration invoked it premised on the September 11 attacks. In September 2010, President Barack Obama informed Congress that the State of National Emergency in effect since September 14, 2001, will be extended another year. The National Emergencies Act grants various powers to the president during times of emergency, and was intended to prevent a president from declaring a state of emergency of indefinite duration.

Sounds like since he last renewed in '10 for a year he may have just thought this was just another good excuse for renewing it. You know they would have found some reason to renew it. One of the powers it gives is that it allows the suspension of the right of habeas corpus.

That allows the government to lock you up without due process of law. In other words - just because they feel like you need to be locked up. You don't have to actually have done anything. That's just too fun a toy to play with for the to willingly put it back in the toy box.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
We need to declare a national emergency right here in the good ol' USofA and kick these people out of office and eradicate the corporations. It's time for the people of the world to unite against our governments and corporate masters. IT IS TIME!

Hey, Obama! Instead of worrying about what that Lybian nutcase is doing, how about doing something about the current price gouging on oil? How about going after the REAL bad guys? These oil companies are using this as an excuse to make more billions and, I'm sorry, but I have a big problem with that.

Ok. And then what?

Not to be disrespectful, who would we put into power? Who is "the one"?

Take for example if something on a much larger scale of Egypt and Co. happend here. A large uprising. A "revolution" is only as good as the leadership. There is none.

Of course, there's no active revolution either for that matter.

Be careful what you ask for. You might get it...and not like it. Ask Pandora.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

If he has declared an emergency here we will likely be under Marshal Law . The Congress can't review it for 6 months that is if they have not been banished by that time . Maybe the old birth certificate thing was about to surface for sure .

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Does anyone have sources confirming that the alleged attacks by Gadaffi on his people have occurred?

I immediately suspect US special forces and mercenaries in the employ of the US to be attacking, and the Libyan's defending. there was some rumor of pilots defecting - does anyone have data?

It all seems a little too convenient for my liking.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The world is a stage and everyone is currently playing a part and a role, what your seeing now is just BS in the long run everyone is hyped about this. This just iciing on a cake, they trying to kill all the main leaders off indirectly with a few failed CIA attempts setting more dominos off. Under the icing lies the main cake and that is China being supported by Russia. When the US economy collaspes China going to attack sometime afterwards
lanched from Russia and China, and will use bio nukes hitting major populations. this why every eats MS foods and GM foods

Lybian Egypt etc... these are BS staged uprisings nothing major will happen leader revenage killings from NWO
Everything is going to plan!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
If everything IS going to plan, id say the plan is to send the world to hell in a handbasket.
There will be reversals and changes TTPTB cannot totally control.
As these gain traction things will swing further off the plotted course.
It is not possible to play all these dominoes together without dropping a few.
The NWO will not get the results they are hoping for entirely,it remains to be seen if there will be enough variation to thwart them from aaccomplishing their main goals.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Connect the dots people. Sounds to me like the wagon wheel needs a little grease ladies. Truth be told this is what you robots will be looking forward too.

“when the President formally declares a national emergency, he may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law, seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United States citizens.”

Source

So a little voice told me aboot the super highway from Mexico City, Mexico to Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. NAFTA wants to build a super highway eh? Express lane to America's Capitol in two years? Can Osama create millions of jobs building a highway when he seizes your property? The government already owns the southern coast. BP did a lovely job for marvelous gains of death tickets (Money) to create another coating of propaganda icing on your brain cake. If you were free men and women you would be not protesting but instead wanting to end slavery and start a civilization. History shows governments are always the downfall of a kingdom. A civilization is free of greed, lust, of pretty much any common sense bad thing. Working together is the ultimate goal.

You humans will witness a battle on this planet that you cannot escape from. Creatures they haven't even touched in movies will be destroying and raping your land while you hide in a hole like Saddam's body double. Underground vs. above ground vs. space. Oh and FYI, christians will be killed first, along with the jews for praising a god and not a creator. Gods destroy, Creator's create. The rapture will happen and you zombies will believe the Morning star (Jesus/Lucifer) is here to save you but will soon find out those ships are what the grays use and you will be slain. Lord Anu comes back on December 21, 2012 at 11:21 Am to the last starport. The Giza Pyramids.

Oh btw, the Egypt UFO was a phoenix. Every 500 years the phoenix lands at the pyramids to build a nest. It then sings a beautiful song and burns into ashes to create an egg. Thus the cycle continues for another 500 years. Either way you see it, Egypt will be under U.S. control when we invade Lybia and branch out in North Africa. Saddam rebuild ancient Babylon and reopened another starport. So we invade Iraq. Woohoo we own 2 so far now. Jerusalem and Babylon. Egypt pyramids are next. Two pyramids go down. The middle one goes up. The Ark of the Covenant? Contains Anunnaki artifacts and text before the Gods induced flood. Not to clean the land but force the Reptilians underground. You are genetic puppets. 99% of you humans are born with luxated C1 vertebrae. Wanna know why it's so hard to meditate and communicate with nature? Your spine is not aligned.

New Madrid fault will happen. Yellowstone will erupt after the massive earthquake. Northwest and central right America will be damaged. But guess what? The super highways is out of the killzone for the earthquake. So be safe, educate, "motivate human slugs, to not be afraid of death, for you are already in hell!"

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Qaddafi Duck has not proved to be much of a threat before, so how does this nut job in the White House rationalize this? It just amazes me that we, the American people, have allowed this crap to go on for as long as we have.

I think its time we concentrated on cleaning up our mess here at home and let this other countries clean up after themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Reptilians are a farce. Men are just evil.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Obama's call for Kadhafi's departure came as the Libyan leader hunkered down in Tripoli for what many feared would be a bloody showdown with rebels that have taken control of large areas of the oil-rich North African country.

Need I say more?

Rawstory

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
Am I the only one that thinks that this is actually an appropriate time for the US to step in?

I read in another reply that this is like Iraq all over again, but I disagree. The basis for the Iraq war was to search for WMD's, the invasion of Afghanistan was justified by saying that they were going after the terrorists that perpetrated 9/11. These reasons are sketchy at best (No proof of WMD's, a LOT of people believe the terrorists that perpetrated 9/11 are actually in the White House) and are still heavily debated today.

The leaders of Libya are literally attacking their own civilians with air-strikes and other military action. This isn't a vague justification with people demanding "proof", it's real and it's happening and you can watch clips of it happening on the internet. Hell, there's probably a webcam set up somewhere so you can watch it live!

My point is, if there was ever a reason to take action against another country, military or otherwise, is this not it? I know that personally, if the leaders of my country were attacking me and my family with our countries military and we were all but powerless to stop it, I would beg and plead for international intervention to stop them.

Good post and I agree with you. This is a different situation than with Egypt. Qaddafi is unstable and has said he's willing to die a martyr for his cause. I too, would hope other nations would help if something like this happened here. There are times when you can't just sit and watch and do nothing.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Isn't that the type of order that allows a President to use the US military for a certain amount of time (I think maybe 90 days) before he has to get Congressional approval?

-I think so. All the more reason to get completely out of Iraq once and for all, and also afganistan... Let's call it even like Russia did. Cut the loses and consider it, a mission accomplished like Bush did with Iraq in 2005...

-The U.S. military like it or not is probably going to always need to try to keep the rest of the World in check...

-Mainly the National State of Emergency is due to the fact that Libyas stability has a direct result on the commerce of the United States, the oil...

-The United States requires stable oil prices because everything we need to do relies completey on oil as it still stands... The United States stake in this problem, is that the United States runs 90% on Oil Resources...

-This Country has got to get away from requiring so desparately on oil for survival!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

This is about a government killing its own civilians,if i was brave enough to go over seas,you could count me in on a combat job.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Why doesn't he take care of $$%$ at home first!

I know there are many problems in our country, but these people are under attack by there own government. I just stepped outside on my front porch and hey, we're NOT under attack. I know a lot of people think that us and other free countries are big brothers to the world. Maybe that's because our nations are blessed enough to be able help those who can't help themselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Hah, actually the United States doesn't really react unless the problem has a direct impact on the United States functioning...

-Iraq; mainly the attacking and infiltration of Iraq was over securing Oil resources, and removing Sadaam from power, Bush II had always wanted to get back at Sadaam over his hit put out on Bush I, his father... Sadaam was a carry over from Bush I, and what better way to show Dad some love than to finish what his father had started. Look at it this way, if Bush II had not been elected President Iraq as it is would not have happened. I don't even think that if Al Gore had become president that even with 9-11 he would not have attacked Iraq. This was obviously a grudge match between Bush and Sadaam.

-Afganistan; this war was mainly to take out Osama Bin Laden, attack the Taliban, and make a statement to the World that the United States is in action after the 9-11 events...

Of course NOT ONE of the terrorists that attacked the United States in September 2001 were from Afganistan, they came from Saudi Arabia, go figure as to why Saudi Arabia wasn't invaded and attacked by the United States, OH YEAH, Afganistan doesn't have 1 drop of OIL! They have drugs/Opium, but no Oil... And we can't run anything on Opium... Ridiculous as it is, misguidedly the United States attacks Afganistan instead of the two better targets, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Pakistan is the true harborer of Osama Bin Laden but then again they have Nuclear Weapons so we can mess around there either... LOL

-It really makes no sense why trillions of dollars are wasted on the wrong targets, while the true enemy at the gates gets to chip away at you over and over again. We should attack Saudi Arabia just for the mere fact that they control Oil and the United States needs a large majority of it, basically if your going to start some #, why not do it right.

-We should attack Pakistan because most of the terrorist train and come from that country.

-Now Libya goes nuts after Egypt, and Yemen is not far behind. Modern democracy has finally come to the middle east and the U.S. has spent all of it's money on Iraq and Afganistan interesting mess...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

I know what you say is true in part. But maybe sometimes, every once in a while even our politicians do something just because it's the right thing to do. Maybe it's just the optimist in me, but I would hope they do have enough human compassion to make some decisions based on compassion and caring. But that's just how I feel.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Does anyone have sources confirming that the alleged attacks by Gadaffi on his people have occurred?

I immediately suspect US special forces and mercenaries in the employ of the US to be attacking, and the Libyan's defending. there was some rumor of pilots defecting - does anyone have data?

It all seems a little too convenient for my liking.

Are you serious??

Where do you get this stuff from? Conspiracy is one thing but this idea is the most stupid one i've seen yet, and this is overtop of the Alien conspiracies...

I suppose the United States put Gadaffi up on T.V. and told him to say: look at him as Queen Elizabeth, and to get the sisters and mothers to bring the sons and fathers back home out of the streets.

Gadaffi is your common Dictator, complete with 20 billion dollars of hoarded money, haven't you seen the pattern yet?

Dictator = One who amasses money and wealth at the expense of the country taken over by force, and criminal actions, rules and responds with fear and brute force, has one voice, "their own". Uses the military as their own private extortion club, has family follow in the same footsteps... etc. etc. etc.

Seriously, there are some ungrounded people on A.T.S.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
bb..bb.b...b.bb....but...wait a minute....

what happened to "NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!"?

wha...what happened to "NO MORE INTERVENTIONISM IN THE AFFAIRS OF SOVEREIGN NATIONS!!"?

edit on 26-2-2011 by MMPI2 because: (no reason given)

Come on, man that was last year's line. We're focused on jobs now. Like a laser, like a laser. No, wait a minute. Oil is the old energy source. Crap, hang on. Bullet trains! Yeah, that's it.

Besides these clowns got all used to tribal relations when we freed Afghanistan because it's Poppy season! Or was that when Geraldo took his gun to Tora Bora? I forget.

Obama really should write stuff down so he doesn't forget what he's gonna do.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
just another reason to invade another middle eastern country

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join