It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama declares national state of emergency over Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hello,
I have been very skeptical about this Lindsey Williams guy, but I really hope the info he says he is getting isn't dead on right.

www.youtube.com...

All this going on in the middle east just seems too organized.

I guess if this stuff really spreads to Saudi Arabia, we'll know there is probably something really going on to worry about. Something tells me to be ready.
edit on 26-2-2011 by usmc858 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Now how is an uprising in Libya a national emergency but protestors in Wisconsin isn't? Oh that's right, Libya has oil. Be thankful Wisconsin that the world doesn't run on cheese or you a$$es would have been kicked by now.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
theres signs that egypts going to revolt again, this time against their military.

If the US tries to help the rebels, as soon as godafi is gone I bet they'll try and boot the US out of their country.

people seemed fed up with being controlled.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So...could somone answer this question:

Did he declare a state of emergency in the US? Or is this some sort of term that can be used externally aswell?

If he declared this state in the US....why? Whats the point? Or agenda?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Maybe a 'state of emergency' is required to open the strategic oil reserves of the US. I'm just quessing.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
So...could somone answer this question:

Did he declare a state of emergency in the US? Or is this some sort of term that can be used externally aswell?

If he declared this state in the US....why? Whats the point? Or agenda?

It's a state of emergency FOR the U.S. because the actions of QDaffy Duck supposedly threaten U.S. interests abroad.

What this really means is that the "interest" of the U.S. is the oil that Libya has and that if there is civil unrest there it will make the price of that oil go up. So in order to stabilize the country to keep the oil prices where they are now we will need to put troops there which will have the inevitable consequence of making it more unstable because the rest of the world knows how unstable our upper military minds are.

Kind of backwards huh??

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
On coast to coast last night the guest was talking about the elites and their long term plans for oil. He said that in '77 Kissinger made a deal with the Arabs that we'd buy their oil and leave ours in the ground. That was when oil traded at $36 per barrel. They've been buying T-Bills and heavily invested in the US Dollar since it was the "world standard".

The guest also said that the elite's plan the whole time was to coordinate the destruction of the dollar to occur when the price of oil had reached $150-$200 per Barrel. Then we'd open our own fields in ANWR, Colorado, and the northern plains (North Dakota, South Dakota, and a piece of Montana).

Got to make a mess first if they're going to "clean it up"!

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
this GADAFi surely has weapons of mass destruction ...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I don't know much about this stuff, but it seems obvious to me that this about freezing ALL assets in an attempt to keep the Lybian 'royals' from pulling out.

I am sure there must be billions of their dollars in different banks/stocks and investments here. Then ofcourse there is the oil. I have absolutely NO idea how much crude oil there is sitting in tankers and storage at any given time. There obviously must have been a concern that these assets were going to be withdrawn or removed so the American Government has essentially confiscated ALL of the Lybians Governments (and all family members) property here in the US...AND anything held on/in American properties/businesses abroad.

All in the name of America's national security. So does this mean that our Government believes that were all these assets to be withdrawn, it could cause a national crisis/riots that would lead to civil unrest? Think about it. How much of our oil reserve came/comes from Lybia? How much of their (families) monies are invested here in the US and abroad in US corporations?

No, this is not about protecting the people of Lybia. This is about protecting the financial interests of the US. think it is also very obvious it is paving the way for military action. God help us, How much longer till the puppet...um, I mean Obama is out of office?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
US wants to intervene in Lybia without the UN´s/Europe´s go ahead? Isn´t that...i don´t know,a very bad Idea? Many won´t like another US "Invasion" in the Middle East i think...and im not talking only about Arab/Middle East Nations...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Originally posted by westcoast
This is about protecting the financial interests of the US.

I think that is likely to be quite right.

These are remarkable times.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't know much about this stuff, but it seems obvious to me that this about freezing ALL assets in an attempt to keep the Lybian 'royals' from pulling out.

I am sure there must be billions of their dollars in different banks/stocks and investments here. Then ofcourse there is the oil. I have absolutely NO idea how much crude oil there is sitting in tankers and storage at any given time. There obviously must have been a concern that these assets were going to be withdrawn or removed so the American Government has essentially confiscated ALL of the Lybians Governments (and all family members) property here in the US...AND anything held on/in American properties/businesses abroad.

All in the name of America's national security. So does this mean that our Government believes that were all these assets to be withdrawn, it could cause a national crisis/riots that would lead to civil unrest? Think about it. How much of our oil reserve came/comes from Lybia? How much of their (families) monies are invested here in the US and abroad in US corporations?

No, this is not about protecting the people of Lybia. This is about protecting the financial interests of the US. think it is also very obvious it is paving the way for military action. God help us, How much longer till the puppet...um, I mean Obama is out of office?

Lybia exports only about 2% of the Worlds Oil , 95% of that goes to Europe...,neither an US intervention nor the Price of Oil in the Markets is justified (Percentages are estimated,needs clarifications)

Link to Lybias Oil Exports
edit on 26-2-2011 by Shenon because: added link

edit on 26-2-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

ibya, a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), holds the largest proven oil reserves in Africa, followed by Nigeria and Algeria (see below). According to Oil and Gas Journal (OGJ), Libya had total proven oil reserves of 46.4 billion barrels as of January 2011, the largest reserves in Africa. Close to 80 percent of Libya’s proven oil reserves are located in the Sirte basin, which accounts for most of the country’s oil output.

www.eia.doe.gov...

It is all about oil for an oil dependent nation.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogertom
Watch this space, and lets hope this is not the start of something nasty.

Oh, I think it's already begun...
I'm betting it will get very nasty, and will not be confined to Libya alone. Get ready for that SHTF scenario you've been dreading...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This declaration is on US, more specifically, companies that had dealings with those whom are sanctioned targettedly.

Through the use of emergency powers, they will either have to comply or face the full wrath of the People of USA.

That's the line officially.

Unofficially, it opens the President to a wide range of powers with the use of that emergency with immediate consequences, something that cannot be taken lightly.

President Obama, on his own, is only a human being, and shares what every human on Earth feels about the beast operating in Libya.

But as we know, USA is ruled by hidden dictators, with interest in Libya. Although the mineral resources were not destined for US, they are operated, funded, or with large shares and stakes by these dictators, whom will do all it takes to protect them, without a regard to precious lives, as decades of their modus operandi had shown.

Fortunately, interwoven into their greed lays the freedom of the Libyan People. Caught between a rock and a hard place, as well as the stupidity of it long paid puppet Gaddafi, the shadow dictators are forced to act yet again by scenarios created, no longer do they have the upper hand to make mankind react to their plans.

The ME is the cradle of civilisation. It was where mankind began. And it will be where mistakes will be corrected first.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

How much longer till the puppet...um, I mean Obama is out of office?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Obama/didn't vote for him, but I didn't like Bush/didn't vote for him either.

Haven't you ever seen a puppet show? If you have, you already know that the puppets only move as directed by the PUPPET MASTERS!

Obama didn't get the bad stuff started here.......he's just continuing down the road that's already been built for this purpose.

If there is anything left besides a false-flag attempt on US soil to get the *sleeple* riled up and supporting another war......it would be using the Libyan/insert other oil-producing *bad guy* (think Saddam Hussein gassing his own people, etc.) holding oil hostage and causing the price of oil to skyrocket.

In my area, the price of gas went from 2.93 to 3.28 OVERNIGHT, and it wasn't even a station that was right off the highway. This is something that will get most people riled up, so it is a perfect ploy, added into all the other stuff that is going on right now. With several different states trying to break the public servants unions right to collective bargaining, and so many other countries undergoing turmoil as well..........

If we see the fake news outlets stressing this and discussing the fact that Prez Obama signed the referenced statement, you know they will be spinning it a certain way the EVILS want, to further the agenda.

In that case, we should be prepared to take to the streets unless we want to be involved in another war.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

..so he's bypassing Congress over a Congressional issue, even though nearly every member of Congress would have supported said sanctions anyways?

Why? That's what I want to know.. keeping it lowkey or something?

In other news Saudi Arabia is increasing oil output to match Libyas entire production.. and yet oil prices continue to skyrocket..

When will we rid ourselves of these people?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Seems he might need 'authority' to do something fast...

edit on 26-2-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Good idea a base in Lybia, near Tripoli would be good. We could call it Wheelus AFB, oh wait we already built
one we just have been gone for a while.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
National emergency was declared with the BP spill. It was also declared with the swine flu. I'm not getting too worried over this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join