It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Space Shuttle Launch Viewed From an Airplane

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Hey, interesting coincidence I just noticed....the Commander of STS-121 is the same as STS-133....Steve Lindsey. Mark Kelly, the Pilot in the STS-121 video, is Gabby Gifford's husband (Representative shot in Tucson last month) and he will command STS-134!!!

What I wouldn't give to stow away....oops, no chance of that! I'm way too obvious....can't shrink to hide in a person's pocket.... LOL.
edit on 27 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Brilliant video, thanks for posting.

The people on that plane were so lucky. It would have been amazing to see that.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
there is a 50 mile diameter no fly zone from the launch site there have been other airplane viewings of space shuttle launches before. sad to see the shuttle program come to a close i have viewed every launch i have been conscious for or weather permitting .even watched the chandra observatory flight with my telescope was pretty neat to track it all the way to space (night launch) and it seems we are reverting back to bigger versions of our old school fleet saturn XXVI....so sad

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xalaran

Close....not 50 mile diameter. Here is the actual NOTAM and TFR for the STS-133 launch the other day:

tfr.faa.gov...

As you can see, the limitation is not a "No Fly Zone" (which is really an archaic term, anyways).

Operating Restrictions and Requirements

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Except as specified below and/or unless authorized by ATC:

A. All aircraft operations within a 30 NMR area listed above are prohibited except for:

Military aircraft and aircraft associated with Cape Canaveral operations, rescue/recovery, medical/lifeguard, emergency evacuation, law enforcement, Department Of State and fire fighting operations which are permitted only with prior approval from the appropriate ATC facility. Also, IFR regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-Approved Standard Security Programs/Procedures: Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (AOSSP),...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

That is a stunning shot! Think of all the expense that this program costs us.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dmonix

Yeah, that was my first thought too...what no debunking this photo? It also makes me think that any socalled ufo has no trails whatsoever...meaning that the fueling process is totally different...We still need booster rockets to get off the ground...Wonder what life will be like a thousand years from now? How will mankind travel in space then?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Awesome! Thanks OP.
I've probably seen about 30 in my life first six from KSC but never from a commercial airliner. Most aerial footage associated with live launch is supplied by NASA chase planes.

Nice find.

edit on 27-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Looks like an ICBM

I would of crapped my pants espeically if there were more of them!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Zaanny
Such a shame the U.S.A. scrapped the only GOOD tax funded program.....

No kidding right? Hah.

I am almost always against gov't waste, but if you produce human advancement in such a tangible way, I can't help but like it.

I am a junkie for actual progress, and space travel is the future.

NASA's budget is around 20billion a year, according to this Official Budget Document

That's hardly anything really.

Compare that to the trillions we spend on Defense budgets and bailing out banks.

well we cant afford to fund 2 space programs anymore. so why keep the fake one?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As a Space Coast resident here in Florida this is a great video. I watched it from the beach but the cloud ceiling was so low Thursday that you couldnt see the shuttle for more than 9 seconds. Unfortunately, that was the last NASA launch cause Obummer reduced the program. Its a shame cause NASA is dying here and killing the economy with it and all the contractors like Harris, Boeing, and more here. Jobs are scarce here on the Space Coast region and the economic environment is declining. Space exploration should be a priority in my opinion, theres so much opportunity in space that needs to be explored!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NAeagle89
Unfortunately, that was the last NASA launch cause Obummer reduced the program.

FACT CHECK:

Date: April 19 +
Mission: STS-134
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Endeavour

Date: June 28 +
Mission: STS-135
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Atlantis

NASA SOURCE

It was the last voyage of DISCOVERY. Perhaps a simple mistake.

But for someone who claims to be familiar with the area and has attempted to turn an interesting thread political with disinfo.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join