It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Fry Speaks out Aggains the Catholic Church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by Shamatt
reply to post by Vicky32

Yeah, whatever. I have a new rule in life. I am not going to have a battle of whits with someone who is unarmed.

Too much rubish is talked on this forum.

If anylne has anything intelligent to say on this subject, that would really cheer me up. If you can only manage ill-educated, biggoted, ignorant non-scientific magical twaddle then please don't bother posting. I have enough problems with my own reality without having to be subjected to yours!

You lose! I had already decided to unsubscribe, as there's no point to this thread.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Vicky

I think that was a win actually - I may now start seeing some intelligence here, who knows?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That was a rambling line of opinion after opinion. Not once did he mention God or the Universe, or Divine Energy. The something, that really big thing, the whole point of organized religion is God and he left it out. Watch the news for scientific studies about God. We are seeing more and more empirically what God is like. If we all had auric vision we would see sacraments becoming flesh. We would see food becoming more holy when prayed over.

He made some points about the sacraments not actually becoming Jesus Christ. This is wrong for two reasons.

1. Each priest blessing the bread and wine has direct lineage to Jesus Christ, as Steven put very well. But if you can't trust that, then move on to number two.
2. All that exists in our reality is the same thing. My computer I type at is God. The phone I talk on is God. If you could believe that then there should be no gap in your mind about sacraments becoming Christ because they are God to begin with.
3. Furthermore, I mentioned about prayer over food makes the food more holy for consumption. This is true even in our scientific world. Prayer is proven to be effective.

It logically follows from point 2 and 3 that praying over the body and blood of Christ both makes the body and blood Christ and a very "concentrated holy" of Christ's energy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ibelongincanada

Um...have you ever actually read a scientific paper? Not a single one points to any deity and 'auric vision'...well..it doesn't exist so far as the evidence is concerned.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I wish I could find my proof.

Do you find it possible that there is a science to everything? What will the science be called when it figures out what everything is? God.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ibelongincanada

Science won't ever figure out everything...science isn't a thing, it's a method. It's a tool. It's like calling a hammer that has hammered every nail a deity. It's just a useless hammer then. Once humanity has used science to figure out everything (if we ever get that far) science won't be a deity, it will be useless. And it will be doubtful that anyone will have all that information on their own.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

No, science is not a thing.

But it's something. So then, I guess it is a thing.

Who do you think you are in relationship to the Universe? or should I make that lowercase universe for atheists? Are you big, small, important, marginal?

How was your relationship with your parents? Do you vibrate at marginally different frequencies? Do you share similar genes but slightly different? Haven't you ever heard that evolution is creation unfolding?

Science says,

We'll figure it all out! I can do this. Here's my method. This is my test. I'm going to do it a thousand times until I get it right.

God says,

What do you want? I'll give it to you if you ask for it*

*you probably need to deserve it before you will get it.

BUT YOU CAN LITERALLY HAVE EVERYTHING IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND. INCLUDING SCIENCE.

Does the world spin on an axis because that's what the laws dictate or because a higher power told it to? Could that not be the same thing. Humans can create laws. We can create programs, physics, and laws. Why is it so difficult to believe that there was a force that type up a million lines of C++ code and called it "LIFE?"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted but here's Hitchens part in the debate:-

Be interesting to note the difference in technique compared to Fry. You can't help but admire Fry but i think Hitchens has a great knowledge, especially with the debating so many Theists and knowing many of the arguments posed by the religiously inclined.

edit on 27/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just watched the video of Stephen Fry demolishing the Catholic Church, superb. I cannot for the life of me understand why some people hang on every word this pathetic organization say. For Mo Mowlam to say that all their evil is in the past is utterly beneath contempt! And why a woman would support an so called Church of Christ (that's a laugh) when it covers up pedophilia, never mind their treatment of women in general is pretty baffling, maybe the brainwashing is stronger than i originally thought. They picked the wrong guy to start a debate with.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join