It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regime Change Ripe in Iran, Say Former Military Officials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The sweeping tide of anti-government protests rippling through the Middle East and North Africa has begun to stir up protests in Iran and for the second time in two years, protesters are posing a serious threat to the Islamic regime.

While much attention is currently centered upon Gaddafi and Libya, Iran and the Islamic regime, which has had significant degrees of instability in the last several years, does seem ripe for a regime change.

Over 70 percent of the population sits below the age of 30, and with ever rising unemployment rates and the inflation rates currently at 13.5 percent, the prospects for an overthrow have never appeared as probable.

During the post-presidential riots of 2009, opposition leaders took to the streets to protest the re-election of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a vote that was largely seen as fraudulent, in the largest set of riots since Islamic Revolution of 1979.

In Washington, where Iran has been a major focus of foreign policy for decades, the prospect of a major leadership shift offers a welcomed opportunity.

Senator Robert Torricelli is a former Democrat senator from New Jersey. He was host to a Feb. 19th forum of nine distinguished Americans held in Washington, D.C., on prospects for democratic change in Iran as authoritarian regimes are challenged in the Middle East.

Source: www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Bring it on! Bring it on now. It is the only thing that will save the Iranian people from total destruction. Sack the cowardly Ayatollah and sack the laughable Ahmadinejad!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The neocon globalists want a regime change in Iran; destabilization of Iran is their goal in order to deprive a source of oil to China, and to further consolidate wealth in the hands of the predatory ultra-rich globalist elite, who cannot stop enriching themselves, because it is ingrained in their false consciousness that money equals power, but 1 Timothy 6:10 says otherwise:

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Another characteristic the globalists do not follow is the next verse, quoted as follows:
But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

There is certainty that the globalist elite would not get their way with destabilizing Iran and replacing its mullahcratic leadership with a pro-Western one, because Iran is one of the nations listed in Ezekiel 38:5 that would join an ill-fated Russo-Islamic attack on a war-scarred Israel, not long after WWIII.

Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Bring it on! Bring it on now. It is the only thing that will save the Iranian people from total destruction. Sack the cowardly Ayatollah and sack the laughable Ahmadinejad!!!!!

Iran is standing with enemies on all its sides and Israel threatening to bomb it. That's impressive, not cowardliness, on the parts of Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad. This regime has outlasted several attempts by the CIA to overthrow it and the thousands of attempts from Israel to push Iran's buttons.
edit on 26-2-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by DevilJin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Would you like a Regime Change in Washington D.C.? Or would you prefer a new government to replace the current one?

Welcome to the Word Games in the propaganda wars, where domestic extremists, insurgents, detainees, enemy combatants, the Patriot Act, Home Land Security are all coined to purposefully create what is usually a definition of the word(s) based on the wishful thinking or machinations and desires of the poeple coining and then applying the word.

Do you really imagine people in Iran or the United States who are unhappy with the governments in this country want a regime change or a change in government when they talk privately and openly on their streets, in their homes and offices, or on the Internet?

Recognize the programming and manipulation for what it is.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
CIA "ripes" in IRAN...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The neocon globalists want a regime change in Iran;

Surprise, surprise, so does the youth in Iran! Although I'd bet the youth in Iran outsmart the neocons 9/10 times.

destabilization of Iran is their goal in order to deprive a source of oil to China

this is a BIG assumption, which a lot of strategists make. Money talks.

There is certainty that the globalist elite would not get their way with destabilizing Iran and replacing its mullahcratic leadership with a pro-Western one

Instead of bashing yourself over the head with the bible try and read some actual history...the West already got away with destabalizing Iran, and this regime that is in place now is the after-effect. Look up 1979. Besides, you all seem to think of the Iranian youth as a bunch of ignorant donkeys. Do you think that a regime change in Iran automatically means a Pro-Western regime? Wow...way to jump to conclusions.

reply to post by DevilJin

Iran is standing with enemies on all its sides and Israel threatening to bomb it. That's impressive, not cowardliness, on the parts of Ayatollah and Ahmadinejad.

That is such bullcrap...

Impressive? Both Israel and the Iranian regime are playing it by the book, nothing impressive about that. "You pretend I'm your enemy and I'll pretend you are mine, this way we can take control and make a lot of money off the poor folk whom lack the ability to discern."

reply to post by leaualorin

CIA "ripes" in IRAN...

Let me guess, you have absolutely no idea on the situations(political, financial, religious) in Iran. You have read a few things about the "evil" Illuminati and now you figure you know how the entire world turns, it must be the CIA! It can't possibly be that people are tired of being oppressed.

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

There is no comparing US politics with Iranian politics, so, you are basically just dancing with semantics here.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh boy! this sounds like Iraq all over again...
oh wait...
Didn't they pay a few starving people to cheer for the cameras when they pulled down the statue of Saddam...
and got caught..

should be a regime change in the US shortly too
the primaries start soon no?

there is no comparing Iranian politics to US politics?
who says
thats just a plain tarded thing to say because you can't deal with the debate
really

edit on 26-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

there is no comparing Iranian politics to US politics?
who says
thats just a plain tarded thing to say because you can't deal with the debate
really

Really now?

Go ahead, compare them factually. Lets see...is there a religious authority above all authorities in the US that can decide pretty much everything regardless of what the government itsself finds? And do those religious authorities have their own guards in the US who slap president Obama? No you say? Oh my word...

Seriously, a lot of people need to snap out of this apparent psychosis.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

"Playing it by the book" prove it. Israel wants a weakened Iran so it won't have to worry about Iran's possible influence over the Middle East, should Iran attain a nuclear weapon. The U.S. and British have wanted to regain control over Iran and its oil fields for the longest. Not to mention, the U.S. wants control over central Asia. Israel, sure, is playing the part of being worried that Iran "might attack us" when Israel knows Iran will not attack. Given that the U.S. and Israel are desperate for Iran to make a mistake against them, Iran has played them very well by being neutral (with the exception of political rhetoric).

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

There is no comparing US politics with Iranian politics, so, you are basically just dancing with semantics here.

No in reality it is phrases like "Regime Change" which is dancing with semantics, which you actually just admitted, by stating what you did.

Politics is politics, the world over, it creates strange bedfellows, it breeds different heirachal pyramid systems that are always more or less the same system, whether it's a President, Chancelor, Prime Minister, King, Prince, or Supreme Leader at the top, with layers of bureaucrats, courts, attorneys, law enforcement and various representatives of the people progressing towards the people at the bottom.

Iran’s current political system was born through a popular revolution of the people; our current system was born through a popular revolution of the people.

Our government is heavily laced with Christian/Judean principles and followers (Bush was told by God to invade Iraq in the Rose Garden) Iran’s government is heavily laced with Islamic principles and followers.

Not seeing this huge difference at all!

Poor attempt at deflection and a cheap way to avoid intellectual versus emotional discourse.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

*Sigh*

Look at the different income levels. Why is it that certain high ups with key positions in the Iranian government have so much money? Could it be they are the ones claiming the nations wealth through oil? Could it be that the West does business with these puppets while not giving two craps about the Iranian people(I know Shell was caught redhanded just this month in doing business with Iran, avoiding embargos)?

Given that the U.S. and Israel are desperate for Iran to make a mistake against them

A mistake? Well, isn't that a very abstract statement? How about...I don't know...the killing of Kurdish Iranian human rights activists in Europe? Oh, you don't know about that! What a surprise.

Iran has played them very well by being neutral (with the exception of political rhetoric).

Irrelevant, as I can tell my enemies whom I pay to say what I want. The only people being played here are the people and they are growing sick and tired of it. These politicians all want the same; power. Why would they NOT team up? They know what they are doing, they follow a strict agenda.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Iran’s current political system was born through a popular revolution of the people; our current system was born through a popular revolution of the people.

Alright, we'll see about that

intellectual
you seem so worried over.

Popular uprising you say. The people were misled to rebel against their King, do you have ANY idea how much the West was involved in the overthrowing of the Shah? Do you have ANY idea how much those who rebelled regret their actions? They say: "We didn't know what we were doing, we thought it was cool so we picked up rocks and threw them". Do you understand how the lack of proper information and the abundance of disinformation was the cause of the revolution you point at?

The popular revolution is on the way, and this time the youth are well informed. They have the internet instead of Khomenei's sermons on tape(recorded en masse in France).

Edit:

Intellectual vs. Emotional, yet, you seem to be less informed

(Thanks for the laugh, as you did when trying to paint Zoroastrianism as something it wasn't, made me chuckle)
edit on 26-2-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

*Sigh*

Look at the different income levels. Why is it that certain high ups with key positions in the Iranian government have so much money? Could it be they are the ones claiming the nations wealth through oil? Could it be that the West does business with these puppets while not giving two craps about the Iranian people(I know Shell was caught redhanded just this month in doing business with Iran, avoiding embargos)?

Given that the U.S. and Israel are desperate for Iran to make a mistake against them

A mistake? Well, isn't that a very abstract statement? How about...I don't know...the killing of Kurdish Iranian human rights activists in Europe? Oh, you don't know about that! What a surprise.

Iran has played them very well by being neutral (with the exception of political rhetoric).

Irrelevant, as I can tell my enemies whom I pay to say what I want. The only people being played here are the people and they are growing sick and tired of it. These politicians all want the same; power. Why would they NOT team up? They know what they are doing, they follow a strict agenda.

Seriously, come off your high horse.

Yes, you are right about the income levels and American businesses being in Iran but you still cannot get it into your head: America wants CONTROL over Iran's oil reserves meaning in a way similar to when the Shah was in rule.

"Killing of Kurdish Iranian" Irrelevant. Yes, irrelevant I meant a high mistake such as attacking Israel or American ships in the Persian Gulf. A mistake as in an act that could be considered an act of war. Is that clear enough for you?

Your last paragraph has no concrete evidence of being true.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Popular uprising you say. The people were misled to rebel against their King, do you have ANY idea how much the West was involved in the overthrowing of the Shah? Do you have ANY idea how much those who rebelled regret their actions? They say: "We didn't know what we were doing, we thought it was cool so we picked up rocks and threw them". Do you understand how the lack of proper information and the abundance of disinformation was the cause of the revolution you point at?

Laugh out loud, do you know how many friends I have who are ex-SAVAK, the Shah's dreaded secret police who had the worst human rights violations in the world when it came to brutally supressing 'communists' inside of Iran.

Communism was the label applied in the word games back then to any one who wasn't pro-government.

Now it's Terrorist, or Fundamentalist, or Extremist.

Now let's talk about that Internet!

Persona management entails not just the deconfliction of persona artifacts such as names, email addresses, landing pages, and associated content. It also requires providing the human actors technology that takes the decision process out of the loop when using a specific persona. For this purpose we custom developed either virtual machines or thumb drives for each persona. This allowed the human actor to open a virtual machine or thumb drive with an associated persona and have all the appropriate email accounts, associations, web pages, social media accounts, etc. pre-established and configured with visual cues to remind the actor which persona he/she is using so as not to accidentally cross-contaminate personas during use.

www.dailykos.com...:-The-HB-Gary-Email-That-Should-Concern-Us-All

Wow this sounds interesting!

To build this capability we will create a set of personas on twitter,‭ ‬blogs,‭ ‬forums,‭ ‬buzz,‭ ‬and myspace under created names that fit the profile‭ (‬satellitejockey,‭ ‬hack3rman,‭ ‬etc‭)‬.‭ ‬These accounts are maintained and updated automatically through RSS feeds,‭ ‬retweets,‭ ‬and linking together social media commenting between platforms.‭ ‬With a pool of these accounts to choose from,‭ ‬once you have a real name persona you create a Facebook and LinkedIn account using the given name,‭ ‬lock those accounts down and link these accounts to a selected‭ ‬#‭ ‬of previously created social media accounts,‭ ‬automatically pre-aging the real accounts.

You mean maybe the 'un-happy' people in Iran really aren't in Iran?

Using the assigned social media accounts we can automate the posting of content that is relevant to the persona. In this case there are specific social media strategy website RSS feeds we can subscribe to and then repost content on twitter with the appropriate hashtags. In fact using hashtags and gaming some location based check-in services we can make it appear as if a persona was actually at a conference and introduce himself/herself to key individuals as part of the exercise, as one example. There are a variety of social media tricks we can use to add a level of realness to all fictitious personas

You know the Iran where sourceless claims by 'anonymous' people comprise the bulk of the news we are fed?

Muck like your sourceless claims about what transpired with the over throw of the Shah (hint proto was alive back then and followed events closely both abroad and within the large Iranian community in Washington DC, my older brother attending the Mercersburg Academy at the time was bunking with Bruce Langden who happened to be the son of the U.S. Diplomat who was the highest ranking Diplomat at the U.S. Embassy while it was under seige by the Iranian Students.)

You sir don't have a clue as to what you are talking about or how the Internet is manipulated let alone how words are manipulated to pray upon the ignorant.

I don't know about you, but this concerns me greatly. It goes far beyond the mere ability for a government stooge, corporation or PR firm to hire people to post on sites like this one. They are talking about creating the illusion of consensus. And consensus is a powerful persuader. What has more effect, one guy saying BP is not at fault? Or 20 people saying it? For the weak minded, the number can make all the difference.

The software being discussed in the external text boxes is brought to you by HB Gary a U.S. Defense Contractor and it manufactures personas to wage these kinds of popular uprisings and spread propaganda.

You might want to wake up to the real reality of the world we live in, and buy yourself a good dictionary too friend!

edit on 26/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yea , IT MUST THE YOUTH IN IRAN that want a change , yea right...
I whant a youth to come forth and say it LOUD !

I BET it will be a second IRAQ !

listen to this if you STILL have "a bit of sense of humor" :

Condensed History of George W Bush.mp3 - 12.78MB

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Laugh out loud, do you know how many friends I have who are ex-SAVAK, the Shah's dreaded secret police who had the worst human rights violations in the world when it came to brutally supressing 'communists' inside of Iran.

LOL.

And I know officers from that era who had entire Iranian districts under their control(high ranked Savak), mind you, officers of the Shah. YET, this one example I'm going to use; This one officer(very high ranked) was in charge over Karroubi, when he(Karroubi) was brought into prison he(high ranked officer) shouted at the lower ranked ones about how they are not supposed to mistreat prisoners because they were to uphold values, not trample them. This one person after the revolution, even though he was part of the high officers of the Shah, was not executed, by demand of Karroubi. Hmmm, so maybe, if the individual officers did not have ego complexes they would not need to flee!

Seems like you befriended the beasts who had to fled Iran because of their PERSONAL crimes. And you LISTEN to them as well. What great sources you have! Did they lie to you and tell you they were ordered to commit the crimes by the Shah's regime? Or were they payed by others? :-) (Bitter truth huh).

Communism was the label applied in the word games back then to any one who wasn't pro-government.

HAH. Sure that happened but there were Communist cells active in Iran. High up military officials planning a take-over of Iran. Heck, the real communist cells were incarcerated both during the Shah's regime and the Islamic regime, and they were executed if they had trespassed.

Do you know of anyone who aced EVERY test to join the Air Force, yet he wasn't allowed to because his uncle was a military communist/revolutionary and in jail because of this for most of his life? No? Well then I guess there were no real communists around trying to get things done! It's all a fantasy

Muck like your sourceless claims about what transpired with the over throw of the Shah (hint proto was alive back then and followed events closely both abroad and within the large Iranian community in Washington DC

Owh so this turned into a competition...I see..."sourceless claims"...hmmm, I won't disclose what my sources are and I won't tell you how I got the information I have but rest assured, you will never know but you will always assume, just like with Zoroastrianism.

my older brother attending the Mercersburg Academy at the time was bunking with Bruce Langden who happened to be the son of the U.S. Diplomat who was the highest ranking Diplomat at the U.S. Embassy while it was under seige by the Iranian Students

Yeah, I knew a person who knew a person who was the son of a person who knew persons.
At least my sourceless claims come from direct sources and *gasp* intellectuals!

You sir don't have a clue as to what you are talking about or how the Internet is manipulated let alone how words are manipulated to pray upon the ignorant.

I don't know it yet I use it to my advantage...hmmm...

The software being discussed in the external text boxes is brought to you by HB Gary a U.S. Defense Contractor and it manufactures personas to wage these kinds of popular uprisings and spread propaganda.

I see...so what you are claiming here is that the people of Iran have no need to protest, in fact, the only reason they are doing it is because some twit who got OWNED by Anonymous, makes fake facebook accounts? WHAT? That's a slap in the face of all those youth in universities! What about the opppression Iranians go through in Iran? Have any first hand witness accounts from them as well? Or are you just going to get your information from the people who PAY the Iranian government to be able to visit Iran without getting thrown into jail? :')) FYI: They are called SHILLS.

Seriously, come off your high horse.

Never. My high horse resides on a high horse herself.

"Killing of Kurdish Iranian" Irrelevant. Yes, irrelevant I meant a high mistake such as attacking Israel or American ships in the Persian Gulf. A mistake as in an act that could be considered an act of war. Is that clear enough for you?

See, that's where you are wrong. International law is clear, not irrelevant. YET it is circumvented for profit by Western powers. An the act you speak of...is so hollywood. It has no place in todays geopolitcal discussion. An attack on US or Israeli...what? Why would the regime bite the hand that feeds it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yea , IT MUST THE YOUTH IN IRAN that want a change , yea right...
I whant a youth to come forth and say it LOUD !

You must have turned a blind eye to the millions protesting in the streets last year...or what about those in the streets last week? They must be ignorant as hell, seemingly, you know more than they do!

Deny ignorance people! DENY IT!
edit on 26-2-2011 by Zamini because: Proper syntax

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Sounds like you have a lot of agendas friend, you don't like Iran you don't like Annonymous, you don't like independent thinkers, you don't like real sources.

Let's see your Avatar says you live in Australia isn't that were they had a big stink a few months ago about some MOSSAD Agents?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Sounds like you have a lot of agendas friend,

I just hold the truth at heart, nothing more nothing less.

you don't like Iran

LOL. Where did you get that from? I'm actually from the place, I'm not a self-hater...what the...

you don't like Annonymous

I said the person you are referring to, you know the one you claim is behind all these protests worldwide, got owned by Anonymous. That is not disliking Anonymous, that's the opposite!

you don't like independent thinkers

Such a generic statement. No wonder you get caught up in semantics.

you don't like real sources.

Hmmm, could you tell me how old Zoroastrianism was again? From your thread, you know, the one where you didn't use REAL sources...Ironic isn't it? FYI, all my sources are real, otherwise, this is all a dream

Let's see your Avatar says you live in Australia isn't that were they had a big stink a few months ago about some MOSSAD Agents?

My Avatar speaks without my consent. I live in the Netherlands. Now I want you to tell me how the Mossad is stinking up this place, however, I don't think you really know.

Our discussion is pretty much done. Read what I wrote without an ego complex, question yourself and the information you have receieved and all will be well, friend.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I just hold the truth at heart, nothing more nothing less.

There is no such thing as truth or fact but merely perception

Marcus Tulius Cicero

Who of course is considered by many perhaps to be the greatest advocate and orator that ever lived.

Stating that something is the truth, and claiming to have the truth, is just that staments and claims, which in and of themselves are not conclusive to establishing anything but a statement and a claim.

Now as posters have pointed out to you Iran has oil.

As history has pointed out America has a long and sordid history of meddling in and trying to dominate the Iranian political landscape since Operation Ajax.

As I have pointed out the U.S. Military and Intelligence Agencies are in possession of working software that can create armies of sock puppets (automated posters) to make unpopular ideas and false news stories seem far more popular and truer than they are.

With America 14 Trillion Dollars in debt the last thing the average American needs is more debt to secure more oil for the Corporations who sell it as a tax, and to control growing nations like China.

Especially with only 3 trillion dollars in actual U.S. Currency to pay back the Banking Cartels phony credits.

Your arguments are not sound, and further most people of the organized groups on the Internet posting anti-Iranian Government propaganda can all trace their funding to Prince Pavlavi the disposed and the deceased Shah's heir and very rich son.

The last thing Americans need is another 'preemptive war' of 'regime change' based on falsehoods, deliberately false intelligence, and the Intelligence Agencies deliberately manipulating events to give some illusion of truth to their not particuarlly well crafted lies.

Not much to argue about here, and considering that most of the 'protest' videos from the election in Iran where fraud was alleged hours after the polls opened and hours before they closed even though all advance polls showed the Iranian President enjoyed a comfortable lead, don't even appear that they were shot in Iran in many cases, and were sourceless in many cases, and Iran protests despite every attempt to ferment them from the west aren't getting off the ground, I would say your arguments are going no where.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join