It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farrakhan's Nation of Islam to Argue UFOs Are Real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Farrakhan's Nation of Islam to Argue UFOs Are Real

The Nation of Islam, long known for its promotion of black nationalism and self-reliance, now is calling attention to another core belief that perhaps isn't so well-known: the existence of UFOs.

When thousands of followers gather in suburban Chicago this weekend for the group's annual Saviours' Day convention, one of the main events will include a panel of scientists discussing worldwide UFO sightings, which they claim are on the rise.

The idea of seeking the divine in the skies is deeply rooted in the Chicago-based Nation of Islam, whose late leader Elijah Muhammad detailed in speeches and writings a massive hovering object loaded with weapons he called "The Mother Plane" -- although religion experts, Nation of Islam leaders and believers offer very different interpretations of what exactly happens aboard the plane, its role or how it fits into religious teachings.

It's one of the group's more misunderstood -- and ridiculed -- beliefs, something organizers took into account when planning the convention, which starts Friday and ends Sunday with Minister Louis Farrakhan's keynote address.

"There's enough evidence that has been put before the world and public," Ishmael Muhammad, the religion's national assistant minister, told The Associated Press. "There have been enough accounts and sightings and enough movies (documentaries) made, I don't think you would find too many people that would call it crazy."

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Of all he groups around, this actually surprised me. Day by day more and more people / governments and entities are openly discussing this topic. I am curious how much pressure is needed to crack this topic wide open so we can finally get some answers on whether we are alone or not in the universe.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Gee Whiz, do you calculate that that will weigh in as a serious form of legitimacy?

Kick back and relax and read Peters novel "Jaws."

De-brief yourself.

Decompress and relax. All the lights in the sky are aircraft.

All conspiracy theory is subjective speculation.

Intelligence and fitting the pieces of the puzzle together is the fun part .

Yet the most difficult as well.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The answer is very obvious. No. We're not. Research the topic for like 5 minutes and its obvious.

My friend is deployed over there and apparently has seen some crazy # regarding UFOs. I think there is ALOT more activity in the rest of the world than the US. For a bunch of reasons Im sure.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Of course NOI believes in UFO's. Their entire... ideology revolves around the god who created black people living in a gigantic UFO floating just out of sight of the earth, along with millions of other UFO's for when he calls the black master race home, and leaves the white slave race to die in their own garbage.

...Yeah, that's what they actually believe.

Nuttier than a granola bar in a jock strap.

top topics

join