It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones experiences melt down trying to wake us up.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

this is probably got to be the best one ive ever heard from him, it i hilarious i couldnt stop laughing

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think Alex could use a few more "distractions" in his own life. If I didn't know most of his act was theater I would encourage him to have more balance and play as hard as you work.

The vast majority of us enjoy watching the ball game once a week in the fall months. I don't live and breathe for any sporting event or musician, but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Allowing Alex to make you feel guilty about it or "inspired" to wag your finger at others who do is accomplishing what? Rob some teenager of their childhood and thrust them into the seriousness of being an adult and make them think anything other than doom and gloom is a waste of time.

Balance is what it's all about. Too much of anything, including worshiping all things Alex isn't healthy. A little football, music and tribalism isn't so terrible if it doesn't rule you. Think for yourselves and quit getting led around by the nose from these Pied Pipers.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Control

He's a fear-merchant.

He just screamed for us to not be afraid. And to have no fear.

Please rectify your mistake.

You're not really asking me to "rectify my mistake" you're trying to get me to conform more to your worldview and make statements that are more in line with your way of thinking. Not happenin, bucko.

"Screaming at you to not be afraid" is still screaming at you and most rational people stop listening to what is said during those interactions and they only listen to HOW it is said. That's that "vocal roll" I was talking about in my first post. That style of volcalizing instills fear in the listener. A sense of urgency that they have to do something now before its too late. So. No. I stand by my word that he is a fear merchant. How many times have you heard him talking about jack-booted nazi thugs from homeland security comin to kick your door in and take you to a FEMA camp for thinking outside the box? How many times? How is that not selling fear?

He is a multimillionaire. How did he get that rich? Selling fear packed DVD's of the Bohemian Grove, Police State 1, 2 AND 3 and countless others about FEMA camps, NWO, NAU, false flag terrorism I could go on and on but won't. While Washington sells fear of Al Qaeda and domestic extremism/terrorism, he sells fear of Washington, fear of NWO, fear of "the globalists" (whoever they are) fear of FEMA, fear of the faceless nameless unknown NWO that you can never identify other than the ubiquitous "them" or "they" but HAVE to buy his documentaries so that you can "know the truth" and not be afraid anymore. Then after you buy the DVD he screams at you for 2 to 3 hours about everything mentioned above.

Fear merchant.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I never liked Alex Jones that much, always a bit too dramatic. Came off as a bit of a fear monger. Entertaining, but I've never felt "informed" by the end of any of his previous videos.

With that said...

This video is awesome. I really needed a good laugh. Damn I had know idea this guy was that funny, reminds me of Russel Crowe's angry younger brother on crack.

Seriously funny video. Guy's got some heart, I will give him that.

Maybe he isn't a payed disinfo agent - maybe he just needs some people to point his "passion" in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I agree with absolutely everything he said. Although there is one problem.

We can't define they're. Who is They're? We have an acronym for it and it is TPTB, but who is the TPTB?

I know we can name plenty of people/organizations and some of us are even very familiar with their lives, but for the majority is very difficult to understand who they are. I have an idea of who might be apart of it, but it is only speculation and what If I am wrong?

Are the TPTB actually controlling governments and media like a puppet on strings? Or are they all autonomous organizations and this is the result of modern capitalism and the ruling class is merely taking advantage of a dumbed down society?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Best laugh in weeks!
I don't care who Alex Jones is, and what it's his agenda, this video was right on spot.
I feel like screaming wilder than he does every time I hear Bieber's name; it was one of my biggest shock when I saw him for the first time. My first thought was of pedophily, somebody please arrest his parents; than I thought how it is possible that nobody stop this madness? That this...spineless puppet is our kids idol? For God's sake, it's just a stupid kid pretending to be a sex symbol; how sick we are as a society? How come aren't we all screaming in fury?

Well, at least AJ did it for all of us. S&F.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Dude, He's yelling at people like you who don't get the point. Yeah, we went through the same crap when we were kids but it didn't help us did it? We worship these guys who make music rather than appreciating our own potential. Stop watching so much TV and educate yourself, not just with conspiracy theories but with math, science, biology. You know, things that are useful. I just don't get how you could crack jokes about such a point. Sure we need jokes, but jokes like that hold us back. Don't be ignorant.
Peace!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He definitely over does it at times.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just because you're outraged

Doesn't mean you're paying attention.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
He reminds me off Paul Beare off the old WWF skits

Nice rant tho, Good points

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I thought that was pretty good.

But I still think his segment in Waking Life is him at his best, and I'm not a fan of his at all.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marulo

I agree with absolutely everything he said. Although there is one problem.

We can't define they're. Who is They're? We have an acronym for it and it is TPTB, but who is the TPTB?

That's the thing, the more vague the 'they' is, the easier to categorize everything as 'us vs them', instead of taking the time to analyze one's own part in the whole thing.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I love this rant. Seriously, the man couldn't have stated it any more perfectly. We do not live. We are consumed by consumerism. Entertainers are not people, they are products devised by antagonistic marketing scum. Nothing more than glorified mouthpieces. The media is the left hand of the gov and the gov only wants to destroy any possibility that people may develop actual thoughts of their own. Kids are absolutely consumed, I see it all the time. They are "programmed to function" as nothing more than voracious consumers. The notion of ADD is implanted into their brains through various media to increase their rate of consumerism and decrease their mental capacity. They really are droids.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
This is exactly how you attract young minds.

Scream and yell about how much they should love Magellan instead of the current teen heartthrob and pretend we ALWAYS felt the way we do now since we popped out of the womb.

Let's pretend we never acted like silly teenagers, caught up in Music adults "didn't understand". Had crushes on TV/Movie hotties close to our age, and didn't do everything we could not to conform, or weren't upset when adults bulldozed Beetles albums, condemned Hendrix, and said Elvis Presley was swinging the Devil's hips.

Here you go Mr. Jones:

I think this is what he was saying, I mean look to the past 3-4 generations, ever since teenagers started becoming silly groupies of TV/Movie "hotties", our society has rapidly become unproductive. In the end, what is more important?

edit on 26-2-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If I was a conspiracy theorist I would argue that the Charlie Sheen rant on AJs show was an Illuminati diversion ( a la Justin Bieber ) to make us ignore what is going on in the world. I dont really believe that but it is a theory.
edit on 26-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I agree with what he said about children idols, but Is it just me or does he seem like a complete phony (actor)?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Control
Then after you buy the DVD he screams at you for 2 to 3 hours about everything mentioned above.

Fear merchant.

I never paid him a penny and saw all of it free.

He gives it out free. If you want an official hard copy, he can get you one Im sure.

He actually knows how to market things in our new Internet market profitably. By giving it all for free.

I know that scares the Corporations badly, and they hate it. They don't give their films for free. They call copyright violations and try to bust "pirate downloaders".

Alex Jones actually tells people to give the movie to your friends, have them watch it. Make your own copies.

I assume his money comes from selling merchandise, official hard copies of the cds, and ads on his radio show/websites.

There is nothing wrong with any of that. By giving things for free, he actually gets +1 over the Big Corporations that produce 95% of the popular media content.

People that create their own business ventures and use positive marketing approaches deserve to be successes in my opinion. That's what true entrepreneurship is really all about. And that's what the future Internet market paradigm is all about.

Giving your media for free equates to free advertisement, and advertisement brings in people and raises the ratings. AJ runs the top alternative media outlet for a reason, and it's not because he's a charlatan.

It's because he is a hard worker who apparently never gives up, and puts everything into his work, and gets really worked up lol.

No one's perfect, AJ freaks out a lot, he isn't right all the time, but who isn't guilty? Right, we are all guilty equally.

SO, moral of the story here is, let's judge the content of people's words and actions, rather than judging the content of their characters.

This applies to everything, even ATS, and all of these other self-starter businesses who are trying to make a buck in a hard world.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
I agree with what he said about children idols, but Is it just me or does he seem like a complete phony (actor)?

I'm sure he spent a lot of time writing a script and researching his ideas to make sure he had a few things straight.

But did you know that the Mainstream Media newscasters, pundits, talk shows, etc, all read from teleprompters??
They actually script everything beforehand, and many times they will even do rehearsals.

Sometimes people like radio announcers just get outlines of the main points, and just blab personal on the spot things based off those outlines, but in TV you almost never see that. In TV it's heavily scripted. Even "reality tv shows" are scripted.

He's in the media business, he would be a fool to not script or at least create basic outlines for what he wanted to discuss on his program to an extent.

If you get in front of a camera everyday, you are creating a product. By definition they are all actors.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Now I understand bieber... but you gotta throw Jordan in there?

He is a legend.. he unlocked his potential as a basketball player.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Amazing.
Not really a AJ fan but goddamn it, if that wasnt the truth of it... I dont know what is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join