It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones experiences melt down trying to wake us up.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I just had to Goggle Justin Bieber because I did not know who he was ....
now I wish I hadn't ....

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Melt down?

Your title seems to say he "lost it." I dunno. Would you say that about any impassioned religious preacher that got up and performed before his congregation? Or what about a politician bent on convincing his fans of his position? If Jones is anything, he is a peformer, an entertainer and he just delivered an excellent piece.

I don't care for him, never watch him (even if he is local to me), and consider that he has a special agenda that he skirts around. But all in all, this was an excellent presentation well suited for his followers.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think it's only a matter of time until Alex gives himself a stroke or a heart attack (unless he's just acting, of course).
When it happens, I'm sure it will be blamed on TPTB.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Having watched AJ rage in a hundred (or so) vids, I honestly was beginning to think he had nothing of true life-changing value to offer us. Yes... he had made some good points over the years, but nothing that you could take personally and change your ways with.

This rant changed that perspective.

I've long thought that the entertainment industry, in all its various forms, was undermining our collective sense of reality.

Good one, AJ, regardless of the fact that JB grew up in my area and I'm glad for his success.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I believe absolutely everyone in media with any kind of audience is controlled and/or scripted to a certain extent, especially Alex Jones. I was a big fan the first year I listened to him, but it didn't take long to realize he's no savior. He's an ego maniacal, over controlling attention whore that will do ANYTHING for ratings and that includes wheeling out his "friend" Charlie Sheen to self destruct in front of the world just so he can get more attention drawn to himself.

He's guilty of exactly what he accuses Glen Beck of, citing some truth, making some great points only to steer you off a cliff on the really important conclusions.

Watch with any regularity and almost everyone that's truly paying attention sees this in Alex. He twists and exaggerates almost every single subject to suit his view, often just makes up "facts" or flat out lies, will not allow a single "guest", who by the way ALL sell something, to finish a thought if it isn't "on point".

It's just so painfully obvious he's a greedy fraud, I'm glad he's looked at overall as a kook, as long as it keeps up people's mental guard against him. On the positive side, ANYTHING that brings attention to the corrupt cadres in this world is a good thing.

To me I no longer have any use whatsoever for Alex Jones, but I'm glad he's bringing this to more people everyday, they'll "wake up" on their own if the truth is important to them and evolve away from AJ and the other snake oil salesmen at their own pace.

A prime example of his fear mongering here: Classic Alex Jones (Y2K Russian fiasco)
Youtube link
Remember, he did this at a time when people were panicky and vulnerable, says it all for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

this guy is fake!
talks only rubbish!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

he has been right more often then you
but hey
ankle biters

Ps
I really applaud AJ for his stand against pedophiles in the child services and the TSA
I wonder what that means his detractors stand for?
edit on 26-2-2011 by Danbones because: PS

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Couldn't agree more.

I had the opportunity to have coffee with AJ last summer and talk to him before he was doing some filming about the BP spill. After watching all the tirades I was almost afraid to possibly set him off in a frenzy, but he was extremely composed and well-spoken on issues. I believe that it is just when he's on the air that he gets so fed up with all the people that are happily indoctrinated into such madness as Gaga and Beiber MSM garbage that he loses it in the face of such stupidity.

While I have an avvy with Madge... go figure.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow! I certainly hope Alex didn't have a stroke after that tirade. In all seriousness though, I couldn't agree more with what he is saying. I am amazed at the way some people, even members of my own family, sleepwalk through life. I have tried, God knows I have, to wake people up. I see the way they worship these celebrities; Beiber, Lady Gaga, the Kardashians, and pay absolutely no mind to the issues staring them right in the face.

I have given up on trying to wake people up. I can't force them. They have to shake themselves from this slumber that they are in.

I found the video where Alex was confronting Janet Reno about Waco extremely interesting. It was this very event that opened my eyes to the atrocities committed by our government. It was while I was in the military that I found out what really happened at Waco. I haven't trusted our government since.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I totally agree with his sentiment, but I don't believe there's any conspiracy here. What we have in society today is a byproduct of modern capitalism. It reminds of abiogenesis vs creationism - nobody intentionally created this mess, it just sort of happened.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Typical response and a bit silly. Let me offer an example you'll probably relate to.

If you're a church goer and have had the same Priest or preacher you're entire life and learned many good lessons from, you've come to admire, respect and will defend him from those that speak against him. You later find out he's a pedophile and the church has been protecting him for years. Now how do you feel? It doesn't negate the good entirely, but if it doesn't change your outlook, you're an idiot. I see Alex Jones much the same way, you can do a mountain of good, but a few evil deeds should make you think twice.

Bottom line: You should question everyone all the time, blind faith in anyone is what got us into these messes to begin with.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Everything he said in his rant was spot on, if you don't get the gravity of the situation, you clearly don't understand that the the media brainwashing IS the greatest threat to our liberty. There is a reason why Thomas Jefferson never read the newspaper.

How many people do you know who care about pro sports, my guess would be most people. This is a huge problem, pro sports and celebrity worship is a tool to pacify, and the passion of his rant reflected the gravity of the situation. Great job Alex, rock on.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Again the guy hits the nail on the head!

Brilliant rant, loved every word of it.

My only fear is that I am not up to the challenge as well, but I know that I am!

You know what I'm doing about it?

I'm fighting for freedom and to promote critical thinking and questioning every day, every hour, every minute!!!

Let Freedom Ring!!!

Flagged. Let's pass this around.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

Bottom line: You should question everyone all the time, blind faith in anyone is what got us into these messes to begin with.

I don't follow anyone except my own Heart and Mind.

I listen to each person when they talk, and I think about what they said.
When someone is correct, I promote their knowledge.
When someone is incorrect, I don't.

You seriously need to stop judging people by their personality and start listening to the veracity of their words.
And today, in this little clip we saw in the OP, AJ is 100% correct in his assessment.

If Obama said it, I'd back it. Don't you get it? The messenger doesn't matter. The truth matters.
Anyone can hold the truth or deny it.

Question everything. Even your own prejudice against someone you don't like.

Explain exactly which part of this is incorrect.
Articulate it in depth. If you have good points, you can sway me, I am open minded.

I don't even follow AJ, I don't have faith in anyone except myself.
But I know the Truth when I hear it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It was a good rant. Unfortunately I can tell when people are acting out a rehearsed, scripted scene and when they are genuinely ranting "on-the-fly." Alex is a good actor for his stereotype. I wouldn't cast him in a serious role though. Maybe that's why he was casted as basically himself in "Waking Life."

He's a fear-merchant. When using overemotional vocal rolls like that, people tend to listen to sound of the emotion rather than taking in exactly what is said. I would estimate that about 20% of his listening audience absorbed more than 30% of what was said during that rant and even then only because they had already read similar things in the alternative press before.

What Jones said on that rant is the same thing that has been trumpeted by bloggers and forum posters for years. The Justin Beiber thing gets thrown in as a "current events" example because of his recent activity with the Grammys. Bloggers have been using his name since the night of the Grammys as an example of media control gone awry.

The rant was well scripted and based off of blogs and forum posts over the last 2 weeks. Not original thought on Jones' part.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

this guy is fake!
talks only rubbish!

Explain how please.

Two line comments with no explanation are the true rubbish. For sure.

You made no points, you win no cookie.

Do not flirt with failure sir, articulate an argument if you have any hopes of appearing rational or legitimate.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Control

He's a fear-merchant.

He just screamed for us to not be afraid. And to have no fear.

Please rectify your mistake.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
How many people do you know who care about pro sports, my guess would be most people. This is a huge problem, pro sports and celebrity worship is a tool to pacify, and the passion of his rant reflected the gravity of the situation. Great job Alex, rock on.

It also plays into "divide and conquer." Get us all worked up over "our" team (Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!), as if it has any bearing on the wider reaches of life.

I think Alex's point is clear and meaningful.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Like him or not, rant or no, at least he's not just sitting back doing NOTHING.

You're right. He is doing something. He's doing his job. He's playing his role.

Controlled opposition, my friends.

Don't mistake this rant for passion. It's theater. He's acting, and he doesn't do a very good job of it. Or maybe he does, because you people seem to have taken the bait.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

typical alex jones

and i don't mean that in a negative way

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join