It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones experiences melt down trying to wake us up.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Tee hee hee

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
As thinkers I think it is incumbent on us to analyze the truth content of what is being said before we consider how is it being said. If the content of the message is found to be true, the style or delivery of the messanger is really of more of an aesthetic preference and shouldnt be a deal breaker to a thinking and discriminating listener. We should not be moved or persuaded by a profesional, silver tongued liar like Obama any more than we should disgrard the ideas of Hawking because he sounds like a robot. Presentation is secondary to truth.

Thus, the question the thinker should ask is not how the speaker made him feel through oration, but instead if the information conveyed has truth value. If one disregarded all information that was communicated to them simply because the speaker seemed hysterical, fearful or angry at times, we might never try to escape a burning building when someone yells 'fire!' or continue walking towards and unusually low tide when someone is yelling 'tsunami!'.

If half of what Alex is saying in this video is true, it is a perfectly rational response for him to yell and scream and get a little worked up now and then. If false, his sometimes unhinged behaviour is just another symptom of his madness. I think its up to the wise person to determine which is the case before judging whether or not his personal style is to their liking.

Summary: dont shoot the messenger~
edit on 27-2-2011 by Neo_Serf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
You know I used to just think this guy was a complete douche bag who couldn't control himself. In fact I am surprised he hasn't popped a few blood vessels yet with his outbursts.

Unfortunately, as I see the occasional extra video it becomes increasingly apparent that he starts with a truth and then proceeds to discredit his own arguments. This allows him to claim he is a proponent of the truth (and is viewed to be by many) while completely alienating those that hold rationality and professionalism closely.

Alex you may not realise what you're doing (or maybe you do but there is no way I could know), but it isn't promoting your 'ideals'. Anyone with an IQ high enough to understand these issues isn't listening to you. You're stating the obvious, and then rambling on with irrelevant and emotional verbal diarrhea.

Alex you are a knob.
edit on 27-2-2011 by seenitall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just wanted to add...

If only half (lets say) of what he is saying is true, then what good is he actually doing?

You're just (intentionally or otherwise) discrediting your truths by spamming utter crap.

If no one else, the ATS community should understand this concept. It is exactly how psuedoscience operates. Use slivers of truth to obtain a little bit of credibility then say whatever the hell you want. There will always be a few people hanging on to every word at the end.

Just look at Greer for example. Start out with a national press club conference and some of your audience will never entirely question your credibility.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Obviously he's sincere. You have to be able to distinguish between real emotion and insincere emotion, and most Americans are so drugged up and deluded they can't.

I can't believe the morons who come out and claim he's on some CIA payroll.

I also love how the goobers and trolls come out and ridicule him for being passionate about something. If you're angry or passionate or negative in ANY WAY, the PC slobs come out of the woodwork and put you down.

The sad thing is half of Jones' listeners are barely conscious morons to begin with. I think he's considerably smarter than half the people who call in, and much smarter than the average slob. HE SEES IT. He sees whats going on and he's pissed off. I happen to love the guy, and he becomes more and more my hero because I realize that he GETS IT, he cares, while the rest of the world is completely asleep, glib and obsessed with trivial bull#.

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
Here is a topic where I have some first hand knowledge. I first saw AJ on the local community access channel here in Austin back in '94, 95, 96 or so. I always had respect for him standing up to TPTB... standing up for liberty and freedom, and sometimes getting arrested for it. I've never seen Beck, O'Reilly, or Hannity do anything close. I've stood with AJ on numerous times at the steps of the Texas capitol and can say he is "for real" (you'd be surprised how many state troopers who patrol/guard the place support him). My friend has also dated his #2 or #3 person for a number of years. She had a lot of "inside" knowledge about him, his show and videos and she would have said in a second if anything was fake or "a show".... that's the kind of person she is. I can see why someone far away or even in another country could question him from how big he has become, but I assure you that in person, he really is a regular, down to earth guy who has the guts to stand up to the establishment and say what he truly feels.
edit on 26-2-2011 by BeenieWeenie because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2011 by BeenieWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
By "rationality and professionalism", don't you mean just following the established politically correct social mores of the day?

Anyone can say, "Well, Jones says truth then distorts it," though they seem to have scant evidence as to what the hell they're talking about. Give examples, for once. They never do. The best they've got is that he's "CIA" or a "Zionist". It's so pathetic.

The man is a radio entertainer, to an extent, he's there to rile you up. It's not #ing Masterpeice Theater.

It's amazing how the trolls hold Jones' feet to the proverbial fire, holding him to the highest standard, yet what the # have YOU done to change anything? This guy's been railing against elitist bull# for fifteen years and he's been incredibly consistent in his message. Maybe his "style" isn't what you like, but the CONTENT is there. Sure, it's hyped, it's extreme, but if you look at the content of what he is saying, it's pretty rational and well-researched if you take away the yelling.

He's actually toned himself down over the years, if you've paid any attention. He's made himself a little more accessible, probably because he realized with more exposure comes more responsibility to reach people.

Originally posted by seenitall
You know I used to just think this guy was a complete douche bag who couldn't control himself. In fact I am surprised he hasn't popped a few blood vessels yet with his outbursts.

Unfortunately, as I see the occasional extra video it becomes increasingly apparent that he starts with a truth and then proceeds to discredit his own arguments. This allows him to claim he is a proponent of the truth (and is viewed to be by many) while completely alienating those that hold rationality and professionalism closely.

Alex you may not realise what you're doing (or maybe you do but there is no way I could know), but it isn't promoting your 'ideals'. Anyone with an IQ high enough to understand these issues isn't listening to you. You're stating the obvious, and then rambling on with irrelevant and emotional verbal diarrhea.

Alex you are a knob.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
lol..we've been reduced to 'slugs'...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
hahahaha! the way he was all out of breath after! haha!

He spoke a lot of sense, bravo to him!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Well, speak as I find and all that one thing seems to be missing from Jones' rants and that's send ten dollars now for a miracle prayer.

I'm sure the dude means well sometimes but at the end of the day he's still asking people to share his god delusion, which would imply the guy is equally as ignorant as those that agree to have their children molested at airports, ha he can't see he's inside his own box.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I'm not sure what to think of Alex Jones. He asks the right questions, but i just can't help to think that he often comes across as an angry, unhappy man. But i really don't know what to think, if he is waking people up, i suppose that's a good thing.
edit on 27-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
That was amazing! It sent chills through me! The way he said "LIVE!!!!!" was like a cleansing wind gushing past me. Aw man, I'm inspired... I want to unlock minds through my artwork, "we can't unlock the soul but we can unlock the mind."

Thanks for posting this video!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I heard that rant live and it stuck in my mind as the best speech Ive heard from the Alex Jones show to date.

Go Alex.!.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Originally posted by hapablab
Tee hee hee

Good find.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I love Alex Jones just for the sheer fact he has always reminded me of Rowdy Roddy Piper

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Another man that seen our times and speaks of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The guy acts this way because he knows it's going to go viral, which will increase his profile, drive traffic to his site, and maybe even sell a few books and DVDs.

I've heard Jones on Coast To Coast recently and he sounded quite calm and collected and made a whole lot more sense than the frothing lunatic we see here - he does himself and his cause a dis-service by being so infantile.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexorooter
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

Alex has been going though a learning curve. You, on the other hand are a shill or very well public school educated idiot. I listened to Bill Cooper on shortwave back when all there was for an internet was a BBS system (pre-1992). Can you not realize that Alex Jones has grown with the truth movement that has overtaken this nation. Your edited "you tube" videos only expose your agenda. Bill Cooper was murdered for speaking the truth and was much wiser than Alex, in his early days. Bill was doing nothing more than educating Alex to the facts that he is now aware of.

Alex has issues with his zionist relatives (VIA WIFE). He is sorting this out. What concerns me is, the young folks on this blog that are having a hard time sorting out the truth from the bull#. I have been fighting the banker cartel since the 1980's farm credit issues. (google farm credit issues 1980's) I have been aware of all the lies that have robbed you and your future from you. The wonderful and great youth of this nation are now realizing the peril that they are in. Four year degrees are as worthless as an 8th grade education was 50 years ago. The young people of our nation will be the savior (if possible) of our great nation. Alex Jones is learning each day and becoming more informed. His rage is simply an expression of the truth that overwhelms him. We should all be that fortunate.

Because he pointed out that Alex Jones is a proven liar and fear monger, that makes him a shill?

There you are folks. The AJ line of reasoning. Anyone against me or what I say is a pro-establishment shill.

How anyone can even attempt to justify or defend the Y2K saga is beyond me. The man is repulsive.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

As I recall there was a lot of hype and fear-mongering surrounding the Y2K fiasco, mostly coming from the MSM. Remember the little logo?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfcddec283e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's an archived story from the BBC, the main news channel in the UK at the time:

...police to liaise closely with other emergency services and local emergency planners so that they will be able to deal effectively with demands.

Almost all police leave has been cancelled over the Millennium holiday and the government is drawing up plans to bring in the Army if there is a complete collapse in essential services.

SOURCE

Alex appears to have been trying to wake people up to the worst case scenario. We should all be able to look to the future and see the best and worst case scenarios. As another poster has stated, he's evolved in his approach somewhat, and his anger is an understandable reaction to the scandalous state of the world today.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I showed this video to Biebs, yes I know bieber, and he said he'd stick his foot in this Alex guys ass hahahaha.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Skate because: grammar fix

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Does anyone else see any irony in a media personality raving about...media personalities?
He's getting harder to take all the time.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join