It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ET/UFO Disclosure | Paul Hellyer "ET's can help us if we let them" | Towards a Peaceful Economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Just found this on you tube!

It was posted 3 hours ago

Good on this guy for doing this!!

Im in New Zealand so im not really sure who he is but ....he da man!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Enjoy this while you can its gonna get pulled soon because they ripped off the Lost theme

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Ahh Baloney,

The (whatever you want to call them) look almost exactly like us. However, they are incapable
of emotion. The whole idea of "helping" is extremely silly. They are cold sociopaths. Brought up to be spoiled
monsters from day one. You are but a necessary evil to them. Unless you prove otherwise.

They Like gold,and the badazz few amongst us who can manage it.

How is that for a Sci Fi Channel Plot?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
Im in New Zealand so im not really sure who he is

He is a former Canadian defense minister.

It is important to note that Hellyer will admit that his beliefs about extraterrestrials does not come from anything he learned while serving as defense minister. He does, however, happily allow his former position to be used as an appeal-to-authority and does little to correct any misconceptions.

Originally posted by grindhouzer
but ....he da man!!!

He is an idiot. I know that is a rather harsh condemnation but you can see it the above video. Look at the glaring contradiction he makes. First, he tells us that the United States worked with the aliens to create zero-point energy and the Philosopher's Stone. But then he tells us the aliens refuse to work with humanity because the United States keeps shooting at them. Which is it, Mr. Hellyer?

Mr. Hellyer's latter claim is a common one within the Disclosure Cult. Common and completely nonsensical. They tell us these beings are all-powerful yet are somehow being thwarted in their plans to help humanity by the Cult's great adversary, the United States government. If such beings were all powerful (and certainly, able to traverse the distance between stars they would be so for all intents and purposes compared to humanity) no human agency could hope to fight them.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
If such beings were all powerful (and certainly, able to traverse the distance between stars they would be so for all intents and purposes compared to humanity) no human agency could hope to fight them.

That's a major sticking point I have with all this too.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

If such beings were all powerful (and certainly, able to traverse the distance between stars they would be so for all intents and purposes compared to humanity) no human agency could hope to fight them.

That's a major sticking point I have with all this too.
We're all powerful compared to the romans, but that wouldn't stop a roman from spearing us through the chest or keeping an iron grip on their population. So I think we could present a threat.

"Look, Caesar, the god bleeds!"

Imagine for a moment that this man saw something he is not saying. He KNOWS that et is real. Imagine how that would change your view on things. Imagine how everything would change. Literally. The only way it wouldn't is if you made the new information the enemy.

I think that that is overthinking it. Far more likely he's a cook or he's lost his mind. Ther're plenty of examples of people who're nuts. These same people are sensible enough to have jobs. Irony isn't it.
edit on 26-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

He is an idiot.

"We want a world were we reduce...change our priorities, and get rid of these huge defence expenditures and use the money to provide food and shelter, education and clothing for people that don't have any."

He sure doesn't sound like an "idiot" to me.

Look at the glaring contradiction he makes. First, he tells us that the United States worked with the aliens to create zero-point energy and the Philosopher's Stone. But then he tells us the aliens refuse to work with humanity because the United States keeps shooting at them. Which is it, Mr. Hellyer?

He's saying the ETs worked (key word) with the US but now no longer do, presumably because of some disagreement in the past and a fractured relationship. I'm not seeing the contradiction here.

They tell us these beings are all-powerful yet are somehow being thwarted in their plans to help humanity by the Cult's great adversary, the United States government. If such beings were all powerful (and certainly, able to traverse the distance between stars they would be so for all intents and purposes compared to humanity) no human agency could hope to fight them.

You don't have to be an equal match, or even close, to thwart the opposition. Look into Vietnam.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
We're all powerful compared to the romans, but that wouldn't stop a roman from spearing us through the chest or keeping an iron grip on their population. So I think we could present a threat.

A lone Roman legionnaire may be able to kill a lone modern soldier but the entire might of the Rome would not be able to thwart any modern first-world nation's military.

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Imagine for a moment that this man saw something he is not saying.

He doesn't. He admits as much.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
He sure doesn't sound like an "idiot" to me.

I wasn't talking about his idealism; I made it clear what I was talking about. You choose to make a straw-man argument instead.

He's saying the ETs worked (key word) with the US but now no longer do, presumably because of some disagreement in the past and a fractured relationship. I'm not seeing the contradiction here.

He makes no such distinction in the above video. And even if he does elsewhere, what he is saying is still complete nonsense. If there were these all-powerful beings who wanted to help humanity, there are plenty of other nations they could work with. The United States does not control the skies over Russia or China.

Notice he also says that the United States can make gold out of lead. Yet for some reason the United States is in the middle of a financial crisis, having to borrow from countries like China. Weird, huh? Though I am certain you will have all sorts of special pleading for that.

You don't have to be an equal match, or even close, to thwart the opposition. Look into Vietnam.

The Viet Cong and the United States military are far closer matched than any human military would be to aliens capable of traveling across the cosmos. This was not a simple disparity of a few decades but centuries or millennium.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

The (whatever you want to call them) look almost exactly like us. However, they are incapable
of emotion. The whole idea of "helping" is extremely silly. They are cold sociopaths. Brought up to be spoiled
monsters from day one. You are but a necessary evil to them.
They Like gold,and the badazz few amongst us who can manage it.

These assumptions really bother me...not only here, but in everyday life...Assumptions based on no factual evidence.

And not only your statement, but the statement in the thread title as well. ET's can lead us towards a peaceful economy?

Do you really know so much about something that may or may not exist in the terms imaginable by most of us?

Who taught you? How big is this book of knowledge?

It isn't safe to think this way. When decisions are made based on these assumptions, reality can become dangerous without warrant.

Please, just dig a little deeper. Admit your shortcomings, all of you. We don't really know anything.

Plant a garden. Ease your minds.

edit on 26-2-2011 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Its a great speech. As always, I'll be on the neutral side and not believe its real but not believe its a lie. Whatever happened, happened (I believe in ET's though
). Love how there is always arguments to break out because there is people who only stick to one side and misunderstand things, whether they're on one side or the other.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The Viet Cong and the United States military are far closer matched than any human military would be to aliens capable of traveling across the cosmos. This was not a simple disparity of a few decades but centuries or millennium.

It seems like, when talking about aliens, that too many assumptions have to be made. Are you saying that the entire USA military would be completely ineffective against an alien military?

Are you saying that you believe, if aliens are indeed here and this whole debate is relevant, aliens have a large military force here?

That would be quite a number of aliens, weapons, and spaceships. Maybe they have giant, generation type spaceships or giant carrier ships where all their smaller spaceships and military personnel stay.

Otherwise, our military might cause a giant problem for a species of aliens who are here and want to help, but don't because of the attacks against them.

They may completely over-match us, but if there is 1,000 of them and 1,000,000 of us it would seem the playing field would be much more in our favor.

So, if there is just a few thousand of them do you believe they would still be able to dominate any earthly military? I know it is total assumption either way, there is no way to know exactly what tech they have or if they are even really here.

Maybe they advanced their technology to travel, but never developed weapons. Maybe they were never a hostile race and the idea of warring was completely ludicrous to them, therefore, no weaponized technology that would match our current level of destructive capabilities.

Just an assumption, of course.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Im in New Zealand so im not really sure who he is but ....he da man!!!

Paul Hellyer was the Minister of Defense here in Canada. He spoke at an exopolitics convention here and from what I recall of the video of that convention, he based his believes and presentation on Philip J. Corsos book "The Day After Roswell".

www.exopolitics.org

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 26-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Bravo! This man has more courage since Kennedy among anyone in public office.. Great find!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
well I thoroughly enjoyed that speech, baloney or not the Lost song was really chilled back in music for the video!

Also if there are top secret underground basis with aliens and scientist working together that are so secret not even the President has clearance, would it not make sense that other areas of the military that are less secret like the American air force would shoot down a UFO if they thought it could be a threat to national security.

The air force wouldn't know any better would they!

Anyways S&F for an interesting video thanks op!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

the real power lies in who controls the matrix. which means these beings are not up against the people on this planet. they are up against the force that is the puppeteer of the people on this planet via control and manipulation of the matrix. the mayans and hopi talk about this in their prophecies, they refer to it as the underworld. it is the matrix that is being fixed, dismantled and changed to a much more balanced and unified one. that is where the battle has been going on.

the chaos that we see in the world is the old matrix dismantling/ collapsing. military, government, banking, etc.. are all just physical manifestations of the control, destruction and manipulation that was the very foundation for the old matrix. they will all collapse as a result of this (we are seeing the very beginning of it now).

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

Can you please link the sources to your information on this?

I would be interested in learning where you got these ideas and what makes you believe they are more than ideas.

Can you explain, what (sic), about your previous statements lead you to believe they are absolute fact, grounded in physical, perceivable, everyday reality?

thanks in advance

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
well I thoroughly enjoyed that speech, baloney or not the Lost song was really chilled back in music for the video!

Also if there are top secret underground basis with aliens and scientist working together that are so secret not even the President has clearance...

So incredibly secret that you are talking about them.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
It seems like, when talking about aliens, that too many assumptions have to be made. Are you saying that the entire USA military would be completely ineffective against an alien military?

Yes.

Are you saying that you believe, if aliens are indeed here and this whole debate is relevant, aliens have a large military force here?

No.

Otherwise, our military might cause a giant problem for a species of aliens who are here and want to help, but don't because of the attacks against them.

If they really wanted to help; then no human agency could stop them.

They may completely over-match us, but if there is 1,000 of them and 1,000,000 of us it would seem the playing field would be much more in our favor.

Numbers matter little to superior tactics and equipment. That has been a truth since 216 BC.

So, if there is just a few thousand of them do you believe they would still be able to dominate any earthly military? I know it is total assumption either way...

No assumption at all, if you look at the progress of human development.

But all of this is completely moot. No matter the size and scope of any alien military or the factor of technological superiority over us, Hellyer's comments make absolutely no sense. The United States does not control the skies over most of the world. If Hellyer's aliens really wanted to work with humanity, what is stopping them from dealing with Russia or China to pressure the US to stop shooting at them? It's nonsense. Hellyer lives in a fantasy world.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting comments from all of you, and id like to thank those who helpd clear up who this guy actually is!

Sounds like the majority is in favour of this guy.

I for one am and hope there are more like him that follow!!

Deny Ignorance!!

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join