It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Forum Has Become a Snake Pit

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Cecilofs

Your argument holds no weight.

Again you fail to support this conclusion from your statements.

The hoax of 2012 is not about anything other than stealing money from people. Your lack of support for the actions of these fiends is admirable. Too bad others do not do as you do. There are authors making money on misleading people.

I am not one of those authors.
I have never paid for anything 2012 related.
I do not, nor will I ever charge anyone for anything 2012 related.
I am against people exploiting it as much as you are - that doesn't make the whole idea a hoax.
People exploit everything to make a buck - its called the economy. The one we would like to see change in 2012

So how is it all about stealing money? Or do you want me to provide you with an audited financial record to prove my claims? lol.

IMO you are at best a troll on this forum. You endlessly demand evidence but either ignore it or dismiss it when people provide it, while at the same time not providing evidence of your own claims. You also constantly ignore people calling you out for this. You regularly insult people who visit this forum, calling us liars, scammers and worse. You speak in black and white absolutes (Like never saying "2012" without the word "hoax" right next to it) while never entering into any meaningful discussion.

If your true agenda was to alert people to this being a scam, you would have some respect and empathy for the people that believed in it, but this is not the case.

At best, a Troll. At best...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologistThere are authors making money on misleading people.

There's authors making money off all sorts of conspiracy theories. Why don't you post in those sections of the board?

Just seems like if that's your reason for being here that you'd apply it equally to all topics. Yet the majority of your thousands of posts have been in the 2012 section.

Strange

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Most of the topics discussed on here are speculative in nature and as of now no conclusions can be made on them until more evidence is gained. 2012 "research" on the other hand is filled with patently false claims that can be debunked with even a novice's knowledge of the Mayans, astrophysics, astronomy, etc. Go through past 2012 threads to see the evidence people like stereologist and myself have provided. It's all there, it just gets tiring posting the same links over and over again only to have them ignored and the same false claims continuing to be made.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I am against people exploiting it as much as you are - that doesn't make the whole idea a hoax.

Making money off of this is not what makes it a hoax. What makes it a hoax are the claims of these frauds that are taking people's money. It is the claims of incoming planets and planetary or galactic alignments causing effects, or the claims of pole shifts, or the claims of novelty and all of the other unsubstantiated rubbish. It the misrepresentation of archaeology and faked prophecies or faked ancient predictions. It is the lies about flash frozen mammoths. It is the claims that the sun is going to throw out a CME or a flare on a particular date and incinerate the Earth that is the reason this is a hoax.

I am not saying you are definitely making money off of this I just asked that question because lots of wacky questions are tossed my way about being a paid whatever. Isn't it fair to be able to ask if others are being paid?

IMO you are at best a troll on this forum. You endlessly demand evidence but either ignore it or dismiss it when people provide it, while at the same time not providing evidence of your own claims

That's a complete and glaring falsehood. It is the other way around. People make wild and crazy claims. Then I ask for evidence of the claim. The response from the people making these wacko claims is that I need to provide evidence to show their nutty stories are false.

Sorry. That's a silly game. As soon as you fall into that trap the claimers immediately begin the shuffle of moving the goal posts claiming that I was not addressing their unsubstantiated fruitcake claims.

The claimant needs to support their claims.

You regularly insult people who visit this forum, calling us liars, scammers and worse.

That is a lie.

What happens is that someone makes a mistake. Assume that people make mistakes. A good example is that someone in this thread claimed that an article states that a new planet was discovered in the solar system. The article does not state that. It is possible that the person misread the article. Happens. We all make mistakes. I point it out. Others point it out. We ask where int he article it states that. The dogmatic response is to continue to post the claim which is obviously wrong. Then the claim goes to other threads. Then the name calling starts from them, not me.

The transition goes from mistake to lie. Why is that? Well the material is explained many times by many people. The person continues to repeat the mistake even though they now know that it is incorrect. It becomes a lie. Just because a person tells a lie does not make them a liar, does it? When the person goes out of their way to repeat the lie and to attack people for telling them that they are telling lies, then they show themselves to be liars.

If you tell someone that acts like a liar that they are a liar then I see no problem with that. Your claim that I do this regularly is a mistake. I hardly ever go to that extent. There is a simple reason for that: there are very few liars at ATS. People here at ATS come from all sorts of backgrounds and points of view. Very few of them have malicious intents.

Like never saying "2012" without the word "hoax" right next to it

That's a fabrication isn't it? The notion of 2012 has changed for me. It was an odd idea at first.It has become a hoax for me.

If your true agenda was to alert people to this being a scam, you would have some respect and empathy for the people that believed in it, but this is not the case.

That may be your opinion and your way of handling the situation.

At best, a Troll. At best...

Thanks for the cheery summation. The trolls are the liars that knowingly, willfully, and probably with childish glee attempt to continue the nonsense of 2012.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The long standing question is why do I "waste" all of posts in the 2012 forum?

People love a mystery and a mystery it must remain.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Most of the topics discussed on here are speculative in nature and as of now no conclusions can be made on them until more evidence is gained. 2012 "research" on the other hand is filled with patently false claims that can be debunked with even a novice's knowledge of the Mayans, astrophysics, astronomy, etc. Go through past 2012 threads to see the evidence people like stereologist and myself have provided.

Well at least we agree that we won't know until the date, that's a start.

Would appreciate a link to the thread or at least the name of the threads where you've posted these links. I had a quick look and couldn't find any.

It's all there, it just gets tiring posting the same links over and over again only to have them ignored and the same false claims continuing to be made.

^ That works both ways.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

For a start there's the thread I made regarding the [i[Washington Post article and the follow-up articles that conclusively state that there was no new planet discovered. Other than this, I would check threads started by Austexdude and dragnet53 as well as any topic pertaining to Ian Lungold and Calleman. This will show you addressing Lucus' theory of a planetary collision and Lungold/Calleman's theory on the Nine Levels of the Underworld. For an actual Mayanists perspective on 2012 I suggest checking out Johan Normark's blog.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join