It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Forum Has Become a Snake Pit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
MODERATOR NOTE[/B]

Please discuss issues rather than each other. Some of the messages are starting to get snarky.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

From 2012hoax.org:

Who are we?

Several of us are astronomers, employed in various fields, and some are still in school. Some of us are fairly young, and some of us are retired. Some of us are not astronomers, but have an interest in astronomy and space. Some of us are professionals in the sciences: Astrophysics, chemistry, etc. Some of us are teachers. We come from all over the world: The U.S., the U.K., Australia, Germany. A few of us contribute directly to the site. Many of us contribute by proofreading or giving feedback, or by contributing to one of the main authors by e-mail.

None of us are part of any vast conspiracy to hide anything.

As for funding the site, it does not need to be funded. The site was made using Wikidot, an online service that allows someone to create a wiki site for free. Pretty much the only thing that might cost anything is the domain name.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Let's ask Stereologist one more time: Who funds and supports 2012hoax.org?

Regardless of what I stated you would not believe it. That is your way.

This is just a poor attempt to divert from the issue which is the continued spreading of falsehoods in the 2012 thread.

If 2012 actually had anything to support the claims other than the end of an old Mayan calendar, then there would be no need to make up unsubstantiated tales.

Is there evidence for an incoming planet? No.
Does the 1983 Washington Post article state that a new planet was discovered/ No.
Do any of the recent articles on WISE state that a new planet was discovered? No.
Are earthquakes increasing? No.
Is volcanism increasing? No.
Are floods increasing? Yes - both in frequency and intensity.
Are animal die offs unusual? No.
Did the Hopi identify 2012? No.
Did Mother Shipton identify 2012? No.
Did Nostradamus identify 2012? No.
Does a galactic alignment cause anything to happen? No.
Does a planetary alignment cause anything to happen? No.
Is there a 3600 year cycle of catastrophes? No.

The claims of 2012 are simply and undeniably false. It's a hoax and the best that is offered is to worry about one website and who may or may not be associated with it.
edit on 27-2-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
reply to post by stereologist

Carrying over from another thread were you pulled this exact same type of BS...

I'm still waiting for you to present ANYTHING beyond ridicule.

99% of your posts are in this forum, and that number is based on a review of your profile and post history (# of 2012 posts / total # of posts listed).

I've seen you asked by several members (myself included) to present SOMETHING that supports your claims or refutes the claims of others and yet EVERY SINGLE TIME you ignore the request.

Since you obviously have nothing else to talk about on this website, how about you present some of YOUR information for the rest of us to review.

Otherwise I stand by my earlier claim that you are either a TROLL with a singleminded agenda or you are being PAID for your actions.

What's it going to be? Are you going to man up THIS TIME?

Do you have ANYTHING to bring to this conversation?

edit on 26-2-2011 by [davinci] because: Form

This is like asking water to not be wet.

He will never be anything more than a thread destructor on this forum.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CUin2013?

I think thats unfair, just like you, everybody is entitled to their opinion!

If we didn't have a opinions like stereosonic's it would be a fairly boring thread too read....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

No one funds it,free host.
Kirsten is the only professional on the site the rest are just hacks with no qualifications to put their names too.
Get that a lot on the net,people claiming to be experts but will not put their name next to their qualification,experts on the google toolbar maybe.
Yet they come across as experts for a short while,till you have heard the playbook a few times.
Said it once say it again,ATS is full of Jack of all trades and masters of none.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologistI also find it funny how people in forums demand censorship and call it a suggestion. Reminds me of the book burners out there. It's fear of learning.

I say bring it on. Teach me something new. I want to learn.

I didn't say I wanted censorship, I am commenting on your behaviour. At the end of the day you are as free to post in these threads as we are, it just seems pointless from my perspective.

It's not my responsibility to teach you anything. If you really wanted to learn then you wouldn't be so closed off to possibilities.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Is there evidence for an incoming planet? No.
Does the 1983 Washington Post article state that a new planet was discovered/ No.
Do any of the recent articles on WISE state that a new planet was discovered? No.
Are earthquakes increasing? No.
Is volcanism increasing? No.
Are floods increasing? Yes - both in frequency and intensity.
Are animal die offs unusual? No.
Did the Hopi identify 2012? No.
Did Mother Shipton identify 2012? No.
Did Nostradamus identify 2012? No.
Does a galactic alignment cause anything to happen? No.
Does a planetary alignment cause anything to happen? No.
Is there a 3600 year cycle of catastrophes? No.

Evidence please. Until you cite valid, peer-reviewed studies that have already been replicated and accepted into the general scientific community, tested thoroughly over decades and filtered down to every level of society as common knowledge, your claims are untrue. This is a fun little game isn't it

Also you missed Time Wave Zero, so that one must be true!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Regardless of who asks for censorship it happens all of the time. Posters have demanded that people do not enter into threads. I have been asked that many times. This often happens right up front instead of replying to the contents of my posts.

It's not my responsibility to teach you anything. If you really wanted to learn then you wouldn't be so closed off to possibilities. /quote]
I am open to the possibilities. I am not open to the sort of nonsensical rubbish that is demonstrably false.

What is very close minded is the suggestion that possibilities exist when the evidence is often overwhelmingly against these so-called possibilities. To shun the evidence is close minded.

Close off to possibilities? Not at all. What I often deal with is close mindedness that refuses to address the evidence.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Evidence please. Until you cite valid, peer-reviewed studies that have already been replicated and accepted into the general scientific community, tested thoroughly over decades and filtered down to every level of society as common knowledge, your claims are untrue. This is a fun little game isn't it

Your demands are ridiculous. The requirements you have posted are not important. In fact, the requirements you post verge on the silly.

In fact it is not my burden to show that every idiotic claim is false. It is the burden of the person posting the claim to support them. I certainly don't ask the posters that make these ludicrous claims to meet this level of backing for their claims. I just ask for any evidence. I may post evidence contrary to the claim. Regardless, it is the burden of the claimant to provide evidence to support the claim.

If you read my posts without that dismissive nature common to many posters here you would see that I have provided ample evidence for all of these issues. I do not need to repeat them in this thread. Have the claimants posted evidence for any of these issues? Rarely if at all.

Also you missed Time Wave Zero, so that one must be true!

That's not the only dim witted tale I skipped over.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
good thread...should keep the skeptics busy for a while...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666

I think thats unfair, just like you, everybody is entitled to their opinion!

If we didn't have a opinions like stereosonic's it would be a fairly boring thread too read....

The problem is - anyone new coming to these threads looking for information is inundated with misleading drivel from these people that just want to argue.

There are people waking up to the possibilities all the time and want information on how to protect their families.

Why should they have to deal with all the distractions in these threads when all they want to do is get information?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

There are people waking up to the possibilities all the time and want information on how to protect their families.

Why should they have to deal with all the distractions in these threads when all they want to do is get information?

So are you stating that evidence against the hoax of 2012 is more important than the constant rain of false information that is stated in these threads?

Waking up to the understanding that most 2012 evidence is concocted rubbish made up by hoaxers taking money out of the pockets of the gullible is important. Keeping that money around for the family is a good idea. Wasting money on books and possibly survival gear for the hoax can be devastating to people that need to be careful with their hard earned cash in these economic times.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So are you stating that evidence against the hoax of 2012 is more important than the constant rain of false information that is stated in these threads?

Waking up to the understanding that most 2012 evidence is concocted rubbish made up by hoaxers taking money out of the pockets of the gullible is important. Keeping that money around for the family is a good idea. Wasting money on books and possibly survival gear for the hoax can be devastating to people that need to be careful with their hard earned cash in these economic times.

Not at all. We see an upsurge in abnormality. Weather, earthquake activity and vulcanism to name a few. Being prepared would involve storing food, water and other necessities that would eventually be used. This virtually costs little extra money and is very frugal in a time where food costs are rising and will likely skyrocket along with gas.

All the natural abnormalities combined with the world civil unrest and economy means everyone had best prepare.

This really is not that hard to see. We have been saying this for a long time.

btw, I have spent $0 on any 2012 material. That is what this forum is supposed to be about.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Weather, earthquake activity and vulcanism to name a few.

This is not true. Earthquake activity is not up. Volcanism is not up. Depending on which weather system is being inspected the weather is not up.

Can you support this claim that these types of things are increasing? I a=certainly am willing to debate this claim.

All the natural abnormalities combined with the world civil unrest and economy means everyone had best prepare.

Unrest in the world is common. It happens everywhere from Africa to Asia to North and South America. What is so special about right now?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Weather, earthquake activity and vulcanism to name a few.

This is not true. Earthquake activity is not up. Volcanism is not up. Depending on which weather system is being inspected the weather is not up.

Can you support this claim that these types of things are increasing? I a=certainly am willing to debate this claim.

Unrest in the world is common. It happens everywhere from Africa to Asia to North and South America. What is so special about right now?

There you go again.

Stick your head in the sand, you will be more comfortable.

I just hope you have not dissuaded anyone to prepare - I hope they think of you if TSHTF and they have not prepared.

I know I will.

edit on 2/28/2011 by CUin2013? because: Spelling, duh...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is very typical. You made a claim and you are completely at a loss to explain how to support the ludicrous claim you have made. That certainly suggests that your claim that something is happening is a falsehood, a made up joke on your part, or that you knowingly posted a hoax.

I hope you have not cost anyone any upset by your actions.
I hope you have not cost anyone any money by your actions.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Stereo, let me ask you a question.

What if you're wrong?

This topic is obviously so important to you that you're willing to spend every waking moment for months on end saying literally anything to bolster your argument. It's all hypothetical, a fraud, myth, con, etc.

But how will you feel if you're the one who's wrong? Happens even to the most intelligent, you know...

Why are you trying to save people from their own beliefs? So what if they prepare and nothing happens?

Why is self-sufficiency and being prepared for anything such a bad thing?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
But how will you feel if you're the one who's wrong? Happens even to the most intelligent, you know.

What circumstances and events will define being wrong?
Assuming you are correct, what can we expect to happen that will indicate that YOU are right?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Stereo, let me ask you a question.

What if you're wrong?

This topic is obviously so important to you that you're willing to spend every waking moment for months on end saying literally anything to bolster your argument. It's all hypothetical, a fraud, myth, con, etc.

But how will you feel if you're the one who's wrong? Happens even to the most intelligent, you know...

Why are you trying to save people from their own beliefs? So what if they prepare and nothing happens?

Why is self-sufficiency and being prepared for anything such a bad thing?

Well said.

I have had supposed conversations like this before. I just ignore them after a while.

Probably what I am going to do now. Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join