It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Forum Has Become a Snake Pit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Which leads me to ask, are you or are you not a member of an organized and funded group who's mission is to dispel and debunk every piece of information, both ancient and present, that would allow people to make an informed personal analysis?

Originally posted by stereologist
Are you a sock puppet? How much income do you derive from stating and restating glaring obvious lies and misrepresentations. Why do you persist in spreading misinformation about 2012? Is your purpose to make believers in 2012 look foolish by your childish antics?

Now Mr. Stereologist, please don't turn a very important question back on me. I'm not a sock puppet and I've never received income for posting what you call misinformation.

Another member noticed a distinct writing style and directly asked you TWICE if you were the administrator or contributor to the 2012hoax.org group. Both times you refused to answer the question, first complaining that the member failed to post a proper link to the site, then said:

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by truthbringsfreedom777

Let's suppose that this is a legitimate question. In that case I simply refuse to answer. I have a simple reason for that. If I answer the question then people will know whether or not I am affiliated. If I do not answer, then the conspiracy vibes will jar everyone.

That's the most convoluted and evasive answer to a simple question I've ever seen. Can we take that as a yes?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
And while I'm asking questions, does this 'Arming Yourself For Battle' quote sound familiar?

There are also adults who are otherwise reasonable, but who have a belief in, or fear of the “2012 doomsday”.

Now, in a battle of logic between equally matched adults, the arguments on both sides may be nuanced, i.e., the difference between the scientific usage of the word “theory” and the every-day usage. These nuanced arguments are going to be lost on kids, they’re not going to “get it”. They are being sold the “2012 doomsday” hoax as an absolute fact. We need to cast aside our normal, nuanced, scientific language in favor of more direct language.

Speak and write boldly on the topic. Too often writers used to speaking to or writing for a scientifically minded audience, and they will use terminology that transmits the message “Uncertainty” to a lay audience. Instead of saying things like “The evidence suggests…” say “We know…” or “We can show…” or even “We can prove…” Now, I realize that the “P-word” is not acceptable in scientific discourse, but this just proves my point:

The overwhelming evidence provides what the lay audience considers (or should consider) “proof”.

I guess when you're engaged in a "battle" for what the lay audience should consider, there's no room for "uncertainty" or "nuance".

Or the truth...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Turns out, you had heard of all but one.

You posted some vague and unsubstantiated wild tale about cultures warning of some object coming from the south. I politely asked about details and you posted a list of names. There was not a single item on the list that substantiated your baloney statement.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I'm not a sock puppet and I've never received income for posting what you call misinformation.
/quote]
Maybe the mods need to check your IP address to see if you are a sock puppet. That might be interesting.

Frankly after all of the addled posts you've been making lately with flat out lies about the Washington Post do you actually expect anyone to believe your assertion that you are not receiving incoming from these wild tales of yours? Or are you waiting for a paycheck promised you?

That's the most convoluted and evasive answer to a simple question I've ever seen. Can we take that as a yes?

Buck up and apply basic reading skills. I say let the conspiracy vibes rattle you.

It is a violation of ATS rules to solicit private information from members. You've been warned.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Well I can not disagree with what you are saying. I guess, it runs along the lines of subjects that are theoretical speculation, where some people just don't want to accept possibilities, which is cool, but some people get sensitive and then things get ugly. And yes there are some things that certainly can not be denied, and it can go both ways, as in someone claiming the moon was quite normal last nite, yet someone comes in and says that it was not and acted in such a way as you described, and no matter what they just do not accept that it was normal. I guess the main thing is how people are quick to start slingin mud. There are some threads where I just decided to no longer participate because people were getting too crazy hehe.

When my theories get shot down, I don't take it personally, yeah it may be a bit of a blow to the ego, but it's life, there's no pleasing some people.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
yes it would put egg on some if and big if the stories of a Dark Star are true, but Drat Star is not a "Dark star" but a star of light and peace wisdom, oh no did i just give it a way?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Thanks for the reply, but what I'm referring to here goes WAY beyond being sensitive to other views or disagreeing with theories. I've got no problem with any of that.

I'm not sure if you read my posts at the top of this page, but what I'm alleging is a calculated, organized effort by a group of people to shut down, derail and bury important information that should be available and easily located without massive interference.

If you want to disagree with something I've posted or present an alternative view, fine. No problem with that at all.

If you want to camp out in ONE forum 24/7 and fill EVERY thread, EVERY page and EVERY post with petty, contentious arguments, officious declarations based on nothing and flat-out lies, then repeat the same thing every day for months on end, THAT'S when I object.

And please note, the question I asked at the top of this page was never answered, so I believe my suspicions have been confirmed.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

it seems to be the thing lately , you have an open mind???? oh now we can not have that we must put this to bed,to me no matter what the subject is there are to sides one must know them both, what if they are both right? does it really have to be black and white why not that fine gray line "what if" what if 2012 is not the end nor is it same old same old what then?

edit on 27-2-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
From what i can see thier is never any true absolute's the world could end tomorrow! We have no idea simply because it wasn't prophecised(?) doesn't mean it wont happen, as well as the other way around, however 2012 from what I have seen hase more basis and co-aligning theories to make some sense, and btw Stereologist, if your going to throw in your opinion, and call everyone a liar without facts, lets see some of your own facts that prove otherwise! all i have seen from you so far is baseless opinions!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

S&F for you on this reply

I stand with you about your problem and I suspect the same, the proof is in the pudding though, gotta find the pudding...

You should be able to start a thread about what ever you want and not get it shut down because of trolls. I investigated the problem and seems pretty clear who (group) you are up against, I do not have 2-4 hours daily to troll the 2012 threads to counter this so good luck folks.....

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah I don't get it either. There's nothing to gain for these people here as we have constantly said the equivalent of "Hey if you don't believe it, then that's fine. Go somewhere else now because there's nothing for you here" and constantly they ignore the advice and continue to say the same thing.

Maybe they just have such strong moral conviction about proving people wrong, but I think its more likely there is an agenda there. I mean thousands of posts all saying roughly the same thing in one forum in less than a year...that's dedication lol.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Stop picking on stereoligist, dis info agents are ppl too.Do you think he enjoys staying in the 2012 forum when ats has so many other debunkable claims in other forums? No - its his job to post anything he can to debunk your claim/thread.We should make allowances for those that are obsessed about the one topic,as they may not be of sound mind,possibly suffering from OCD.
Another sign of sickness we must watch for - believing anything NASA says.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I see the normal debunkers are here. Most of them anyways. Still missing a few.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I see the normal debunkers are here. Most of them anyways. Still missing a few.

You counted me, right?

If you don't acknowledge me I wont get my paycheck form my alphabet group employer.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

Did the moon act crazy last night or not?

Once the question is not what the moon did or how the moon appeared, but why someone makes the interpretation of the events they witnessed.

I recall a really funny event for me in which I clearly saw a bird with a black head and red body at a bird feeder. I knew just a little about birds at the time and was not sure of anything other than this was not a common bird. I ended up spending hours at libraries going over plate after plate of birds and reading about birds attempting to identify the bird. Online contacts did not help in the identification. Eventually I figured out what bird was visiting the feeder. Not sure how the bird was injured, but it was an injured bird. Eventually it regained a head covering of red feathers and was easy to identify as a cardinal. Up to then I was looking for some rare exotic that had escaped.

Did the moon act crazy? I know that I wasted countless hours trying to identify a bird that was actually a common backyard bird and not some rare bird that escaped its owner.

Everyone can fall into this crazy moon point of view where they think they have been fortunate to witness a rare and unusual event. In my case through perseverance of observation I found a rather mundane answer to my problem. Watching cardinals injured or not is a pleasant pastime I lovingly call "wilderness tv."

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If you want to camp out in ONE forum 24/7 and fill EVERY thread, EVERY page and EVERY post with petty, contentious arguments, officious declarations based on nothing and flat-out lies, then repeat the same thing every day for months on end, THAT'S when I object.

Are you admitting to tell lies in your 2012 posts? I'm sure it must make you feel better to let it out.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenbullet56

Welcome to the discussion brokenbullet56.

The issue is that GoldenFleece is whining for being chastised about openly telling lies again and again and again. He is quite upset that people point out that he seems unable to tell the truth. He must be so embarrassed. He has let his childish behavior get the best of him and has opened this thread to whine still more.

You want facts then go read the posts in which he claims that a particular news article in the Washington Post states that a new planet or what was discovered. The article is poorly written and sensationalistic. The article makes it clear that whatever is observed can be anything from something in our solar system to a distant galaxy. The peer reviewed journal article on which the newspaper account was based was presented as was the follow up research articles also published in a peer reviewed journal.

Can GoldenFleece understand this? We all believe he can. But does he? No. Instead of understanding the sequence of events GoldenFleece continues to post the lie that the article states that a particular type of object was discovered.

You want facts? Then read the thread. The posts speak for themselves. They are the facts of the case.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

"Hey if you don't believe it, then that's fine. Go somewhere else now because there's nothing for you here" and constantly they ignore the advice and continue to say the same thing.

I also find it funny how people in forums demand censorship and call it a suggestion. Reminds me of the book burners out there. It's fear of learning.

I say bring it on. Teach me something new. I want to learn.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

I had to star your post for cleverness.

A few mistakes I do want to point out. Showing mistake sin an argument is not debunking. If you think that being shown the correct information or fallacies in a post is debunking, then the original statement was pretty lame to begin with.

Your diagnosis of OCD is funny, but don't quit your day job.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thank you coolhanddan, brokenbullet56, Cecilofs and especially iceblue20-12! Seems I'm not alone.

Look how desperate Stereologist is to bury this thread in BS, just like he's done with every other thread in this forum. Have you ever seen someone compelled to post five times in a row without even answering the question I posed at the top of this page?

Let's ask Stereologist one more time: Who funds and supports 2012hoax.org?

edit on 2/27/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join