The 2012 Forum Has Become a Snake Pit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coolhanddan

Yes, I totally agree here, my last post in 2012, I was a racist because I used a Mayan Elder as a reference and that is deemed racist if he does not hold a PhD I guess. I am not giving up hope, I have ideas, I just research now and look to see if anyone has made a post in the past and U2U them, seems easier than letting the trolls that have nothing to do on here but derail threads and get satisfaction somehow......

Shame on you. Tell the truth. You used someone's heritage as if that made it somehow legitimate.
The only person who labeled you a racist was you yourself. No one else applied that label to you.

You misrepresented the information in the thread just like you are doing here.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Lucus has something called the rabbits hole. It's a great place to be misled and shown all sorts of his personal opinions. Please check it out and while watching always ask yourself is whether or not that is fact or opinion. He keeps repeating that everything is facts and not his personal opinion. So if he says this is a petroglyph with a spiral and the spiral is always associated with danger ask yourself is this fact or opinion. I invite you to look it up and see what spirals are associated with. Then you can decide if Lucus told you his opinion or if it was fact.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I wouldn't have expected anything less from another member of the debunker snake clan. Every time you've tried to do this before today, your post was removed and you were warned.

What a desperate and despicable attempt to discredit me for a thread was closed before I had a chance to respond. There's a lot more to it than you'll ever know.

You can scream HOAX all you want but it's not. I'd never do something like that -- even as a joke -- and I stand by every post I've ever written on this board 100%.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
Until about a week ago, I hadn't posted or even looked in the 2012 forum for a long time. But I was intrigued by the potential discovery/announcement of this new planetary body Tyche and started a thread about it.

Why post the potential of a a new planet in "2012" forum?! When it rightfully belongs in "Space Exploration" forum or "Breaking News". There in lies your mistake.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Tangled2011

Lucus has something called the rabbits hole. It's a great place to be misled and shown all sorts of his personal opinions.

Yes, his personal opinion. Just like his personal opinion of 9/11 turned out to be correct, long before most people came to the same conclusion.

Which leads me to ask, are you or are you not a member of an organized and funded group who's mission is to dispel and debunk every piece of information, both ancient and present, that would allow people to make an informed personal analysis?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Yeah it is funny it was removed, I mean it was the truth...and you're all about the truth right? And how there are some wanting to hide the truth.

That's what this thread is about isn't it?

Anyway, I've made my point and am happily able to ignore the majority of 2012 threads and posts.

Rest assured though, come 2013, ya'll got some splainin to do!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
People were boggled when I created this thread: Are you that sure "Nibiru" exists?!

But it is threads like these that completely justify my point.

OP, why would you spend your time in place where you feel you are surrounded by packs of hyenas, snake pits, disinfo agents and pseudoskeptics?!

Get out! Start the tour. Take your word to the people, your townsmen, your neighbors, local politicians, amateur scientist, astronomers. Gift them with your amazing knowledge and understanding of the world they are blind to.

Nope. You won't. You know why?

I don't. Please explain why you'd rather argue with anonymous people on here rather then address the other potential believers out there.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Was this the same Lucas that was on Coast to Coast AM on the 21st of this month???

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Actually never mind. I'm listening to that show now while I'm reading the posts here.

Yep its the same guy. Heard about the Rabbits Hole thingy there.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Carrying over from another thread were you pulled this exact same type of BS...

I'm still waiting for you to present ANYTHING beyond ridicule.

99% of your posts are in this forum, and that number is based on a review of your profile and post history (# of 2012 posts / total # of posts listed).

I've seen you asked by several members (myself included) to present SOMETHING that supports your claims or refutes the claims of others and yet EVERY SINGLE TIME you ignore the request.

Since you obviously have nothing else to talk about on this website, how about you present some of YOUR information for the rest of us to review.

Otherwise I stand by my earlier claim that you are either a TROLL with a singleminded agenda or you are being PAID for your actions.

What's it going to be? Are you going to man up THIS TIME?

Do you have ANYTHING to bring to this conversation?
edit on 26-2-2011 by {davinci} because: Form

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Anyway, I've made my point and am happily able to ignore the majority of 2012 threads and posts.

But for someone who claims not to care, you sure managed to find your way to this one, didn't you?

Still waiting for an answer from stereologist to my important question above. His replies are usually instantaneous when there's something to debunk.

edit on 2/26/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Seems to be a credible guy.

Anyway back to this post. Yeah there are too many jackasses on this site which really grind my gears.

All they do when they attack an OP is feed the seem rhectoric that they find on Google (yeah, remember who devised it guys). I haven't done many posts, mainly stuff which has no bearing on any conspiracies due to my temperment. I would tear strips off these morons and feed them to the dogs. So to avoid points and a possible ban I refrain from doing so.

I have my own opinion and I appreciate constructive input but these people... I don't know where to start without swearing.

It would be handy to have a block option to stop those from posting on an OP with sarcasm and low intelligent responses. Hey mods... Think I may have made your day easier.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wow, this is a real "calling them out" thread! It is true what I am reading and we have all read the kinds of relentless behavior being described. It is a healthy thing to be served a bowl of honesty, hard to swallow for some but rewarding for others!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

and I stand by every post I've ever written on this board 100%.

That tells us a lot about your character. Despite being shown by both 2012 skeptics and 2012 believers that your claims of a newspaper article were false you continue to pretend otherwise.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

[Which leads me to ask, are you or are you not a member of an organized and funded group who's mission is to dispel and debunk every piece of information, both ancient and present, that would allow people to make an informed personal analysis?

Are you a sock puppet? How much income do you derive from stating and restating glaring obvious lies and misrepresentations. Why do you persist in spreading misinformation about 2012? Is your purpose to make believers in 2012 look foolish by your childish antics?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by {davinci}

I've seen you asked by several members (myself included) to present SOMETHING that supports your claims or refutes the claims of others and yet EVERY SINGLE TIME you ignore the request.

Telling the truth is not one of your habits is it?

Do you have ANYTHING to bring to this conversation?

Can you support any of your claims? I noticed in the other thread that you made some claims and then posted links to places that stated you were wrong. Didn't you bother to read the information on those links?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Still nothing to add but ridicule.

Actually, that's not true, now you are straight up lying...

I never posted links and niether have you. I posted a list (not links, a list) in response to YOUR claim of no knowledge of any object ever mentioned at any point in history that supposedly had an effect on our planet.

Turns out, you had heard of all but one.

Funny, you quote my asking you for evidence of YOUR claims and then, again, refuse to provide any.

Hopefully this thread will make the homepage, that way people who are interested in this topic can see what you are all about without having to waste time figuring it out for themselves.

ETA...

I'm fresh out of troll food; get your last word in and move along.
edit on 26-2-2011 by {davinci} because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ahh Golden one,. dont let the Stereo get to ya.
And please dont stop posting 2012 info,.
We still have a ways to go till ANYTHING about 2012
is really proven false..
Just read up on how to charm the snakes

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It seems to me that '2012'

should not be in the : MYSTERIOUS Subject Matter Forum...

it should be in the "religious conviction" or "collaborative stories" forums
the 2012 myth is so full-of-it...it's pathetic....its a Belief System from top to bottom

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Heres the thing, consistency leads to predictability!

An ignore or "block" feature is a bit of a slippery slope. one which was present at one time on ATS. Frankly, i dont feel it is necessary although my scroll wheel on my mouse would probably say differently

There are roughly five members on ATS that i simply dont bother reading their posts anymore. Just scroll right on past it. They say, almost literally, the same exact thing over and over again. It has little to do with disagreement, and much more to do with the fact that such repetition is just mind-numbingly boring. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from reading their posts repeatedly (a distinct exception from a rule i have). Many of these people will speak like they are on some sort of crusade "against" some agent of lies. And i think there are many similes between such things, and "crusades of ye olde," like the namesake itself, witch-hunts, calling einstein a fraud/quack etc.

However, i dont necessarily feel this is relegated to that "group" entirely either. The intent seems to be to "convert" the "heathens." heathens, in this case, are just the blanket statement made in this very thread of "snake oil salesmen." All concepts which do not align with the individuals concepts are immediately discarded for a variety of reasons, without even considering a method of exploration of the concepts. Just like other religions, one cant seemingly allow the assumed deception to take place, and must interject the individuals idea of the undeniable "Absolute Truth." As they say though, even a broken clock is correct twice a day. It just manages to do so by saying the exact same thing over and over again
i said elsewhere: "Conceptually, science is never truth. For the "fringe" scientists (like einstein in his time), science is the search for truth. For mainstream science, it is nothing more than a testable representation of what is already perceived to be true." In this statement, science and religion are interchangeable terms. It is an old tale where some are concerned with the actual continuous search for truth (usually speak in terms of "possibilities), and others are more concerned with confirming what they already know to be true (usually speak in terms of "impossibilities"). Generally, do not expect to reason with a follower of scientism anymore than you would a follower of catholicism. they "know" they are right due to others telling them what the "truth" is. It is almost as if it is perceived that the "purveyors of truth" have access to a different universe than the followers. An interesting consistency is that the "personal search" for such things is almost unanimously considered useless, though such ideas are not usually blatantly spoken (but sometimes are). Your typical follower of christianity will not even consider searching for "god" themselves (outside of the "church"), much less pursuing their own interpretation/concept of such a thing. The typical follower of scientism will similarly not even consider doing experiments to find their own data (outside of the "church"), much less pursuing their own interpretation/concept of it. In both cases, one likely wouldnt even know where to start. Of course, it is assumed that those who have done such things are immune from being wrong and are driven by nothing more than altruism. the underlying (and most certainly unspoken) theme to both is that there is nothing more to learn, and if there is something "new," it will only come by means of the chosen "purveyors of truth."

It is incredibly interesting to observe! i think the concept of "myth" is elucidated quite well in the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. Thanks goes to another user several months back who posted that link
didnt even know such books were available for free!

Honestly, there are many stellar skeptics and debunkers on this site. i actually consider myself a skeptic (of which some are certain to be skeptical themselves
). To those that have been singled out as repeating exactly the same thing over and over again, i just scroll right on past. It actually seems to work quite well. I highly suggest the tactic

If you already know what they are going to say, almost verbatim, why waste any time reading? Beyond that, why waste even more time by responding when it will inevitably degrade the thread, or make it completely lose its focus?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join