It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Daily Realization: Public Sector Unions and Conservatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think I might want to start a new series of threads called: A Daily Realization. This will be the first of the series.

Now I'm not conservative or liberal, but I suddenly realized something screwed up.

When it comes to 9/11, conservatives considered the firefighters, police, and many public sectors as "heroes."

Then when they want more money, these "heroes" suddenly become backstabbers and ungrateful workers. They become people who force members to pay "dues" as if the unions are drug gangs (sometimes not too far from the truth).

Americans agreed with the government after 9/11, now Americans condemn these public workers for not working because tax money is involved.

Now, the reason why public sector unions are always growing and are so powerful is because they can directly affect the outcome of elections and they can avoid overseas competition.

No one should blame them for doing something advantages because they can. The growth of government due to both parties wanting to control the US will inevitably increase union strength.

Government powers must decrease. The increase in their power allows corporations to use it to their advantage. Being able to use political tools is what made corporations filthy rich.

new topics

join