It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bodyless Dog's head brought back to life. 1940's Russian experiment.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I searched around and didn't really find anything here on ATS for what I'm about to post.. I was reminded of this as soon as I read the Real Zombies post. I cannot find the right area to post this as it is not a conspiracy considering what your about to watch is 100% real. The video is almost 10minutes long.

Mark point to start watching from: 4:20.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I can't find anything else about this. There is no text about it or anything related that I can find. If anyone else does please feel free to post it. I can't believe they can saw a dog's head off, and bring it back to life with an artificial pump. Just imagine how far they have come since the 1940's, and with human subjects. I wonder if Hitler is still alive with his head sitting in a nice saline solution much like that from the show Futurama.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
To me, that's just mean. Just about made me sick thinking about being just a head laying there

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i believe it is fake. I don't think even a dogs head can do anything without a spirit...I know for sure you can't just take a dead person and breath and pump blood through his body and he live. If so, they would do it when anyone died...Hoax, I would say...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Yeah, But it's alive after it was dead. That's the focus of this thread. The video's narrator even states that it can be applied to any living mammal that has not been dead for more then 24 hours.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

This is very real. Russian scientists can keep a primates head alive if it is surgically detached from it's body and hooked up to some machine to circulate the blood, and what not. I learned it in my biology class a few years back.

EDIT: Also check out the book : "The Odd Body", by Dr. Stephen Juan. He touches on this subject and talks about how it is definitely possible, and was done.
edit on 25-2-2011 by RustyShakleford92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
makes me think of futureama , anyway you would be surprised at some of the sick medical experiments
go on behind closed doors .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

i don't think this is a hoax. There is a book I read a few years back STIFF: The Curious Life of the Human Cadaver that goes into depth about this experiment and how they were trying and trying to do this to humans.

It was a very entertaining and quite educational pc. of literature. I didn't know half the stuff that happens to/with bodies after we die..if you like reading about scientific experiments on death you will love this book...I also recommend her other book SPOOK.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Reminds me of the 2nd X-Files movie where they were keeping the guy alive by constantly detaching his head and re-attaching it to someone else's body!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
hahahaha...wasn't this proven to be a propaganda film??!? I will search for the proof. How can a dog lift it's head in reaction to sound, when it is just a head? That's like holding up half of a hammock while you are lying in it.
wow.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
this has been done so often,
not congruous to the mass scale you may, unfortunately envision.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
i believe it is fake. I don't think even a dogs head can do anything without a spirit...I know for sure you can't just take a dead person and breath and pump blood through his body and he live. If so, they would do it when anyone died...Hoax, I would say...

Nope not a fake. It's real:

#5: The Isolated Head of a Dog
imageWhat could be more horrific than creating a two-headed dog? What about keeping the severed head of a dog alive apart from its body!

Ever since the carnage of the French Revolution, when the guillotine sent thousands of severed heads tumbling into baskets, scientists had wondered whether it would be possible to keep a head alive apart from its body, but it wasn't until the late 1920s that someone managed to pull off this feat.

Soviet physician Sergei Brukhonenko developed a primitive heart-lung machine he called an "autojector," and with this device he succeeded in keeping the severed head of a dog alive. He displayed one of his living dog heads in 1928 before an international audience of scientists at the Third Congress of Physiologists of the USSR. To prove that the head lying on the table really was alive, he showed that it reacted to stimuli. Brukhonenko banged a hammer on the table, and the head flinched. He shone light in its eyes, and the eyes blinked. He even fed the head a piece of cheese, which promptly popped out the esophageal tube on the other end.

Brukhonenko's severed dog head became the talk of Europe and inspired the playwright George Bernard Shaw to muse, "I am even tempted to have my own head cut off so that I can continue to dictate plays and books without being bothered by illness, without having to dress and undress, without having to eat, without having anything else to do other than to produce masterpieces of dramatic art and literature."

Source

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Time magazine also did a report on it in here Link

He also did an experiment with attaching another head to a dog as mentioned in Time magazine Link

edit on 25-2-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I agree with superman2012. How could this dog have moved it's head @ 6:45 when the hammer was being tapped beside the head?
Although I'm not saying the process isn't possible. I fully see how they could do it except for the nutritional side. How you can feed a head without a stomach is beyond me but hooking the jugulars to a blood pump and an air pump to the trachea is very possible. It's all in the timing of the pumps. I bet it hurts like no other though. Severed neck? sheesh.
edit on 25-2-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I can't find a reference right now but recall reading a medical article by a Doctor in France and his experiments with the heads of criminals who got their heads chopped of by guillotine execution . Spooky , scary stuff . He didn't hook the heads up to anything , just talked to them and called them by name checking for a responce , and they responded with moving mouths in an attempt to speak and blinking eyes . The heads were alive for a considerable time after they were chopped off . If memory serves , many heads would open the eyes , look at him and try to mouth words for up to two minutes after being chopped off when he called their names . They were awake and aware .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

This was on 1,000 ways to die last night, he only achieved subconsious motor functions and then was killed by a rattlesnake he attempted to reanimate.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This has got to be a Hoax - a real experiement such as this would not choose a pet dog as a test subject. It would be another type wild animal. Who ever did this or is trying to make it look like they did this is very sick!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

A dogs head actually has a lot of different muscles in it, pretty much all over and they can be flexed like in this video to make the head seem to flinch.. That is all I see is the head moving slightly, as if the muscles in the dogs head had suddenly flexed quickly..

No mystery about that really...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Not really one for debunking something unmistakeably an intriguing concept of science, but this video is not of a real "bodiless" dog...

Just as when and if one watches the whole video just shows them with the animal's organs apart from the body working separately.

They showed the heart and lungs "pumping" yet without any electrical stimulus or completion of a circuit to enact such a feat, it was done by a series of negative pressure pumps.

That in which is completely possible as it is currently very similar to what is done in the medical field today with artificial respirators, heart pumps etc... However, done with a much more advance method of positive pressure pumps...

However, with the dog's head, just look closely at the dogs head movements and one can obviously see that there is incongruity just in the filming of it, angle awkward editing, looping etc... let alone the fact if the video and or experiment had been real then there would have been no need for them to avoid showing the rear part of the head and neck in which the so called "tubes" entered the arteries.

On top of that in order for the dog to move its head the way in which it did when especially the guy hit the hammer, as in the dog's head was pivoting as on a vertebral axis could not be accomplished if the dog was without neck and shoulder muscles specifically attached to a fixed insertion point...

This was an old fashioned way of marketing and advertisement during that time as theoretical "full body" life support machines...

My favorite part of the video was how they edited out what was in the glass bottle as "citric acid" LOL
edit on 25-2-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Experiments like these are the boundary-pushing keys that are unlocking the doors that guard the rooms of the future of Mankind.

Without testing such as this, we'd all stay in some type of stillvolution.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, could the dog stick it's tongue out with it being just a head? don't the muscles go down the throat and help control it? I have to agree with you, why not just show that back of the head if you actually accomplished it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join