It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large crack opens in the earth in southern Peru

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

here's a report from Peru, as said before, geo couldn't attribute it to any known quake in the area....

the location is mentioned on this link also.

www.livinginperu.com...

edit on 26-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I posted a link to it on this thread also, page 1.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Trueman

here's a report from Peru, as said before, geo couldn't attribute it to any known quake in the area....

the location is mentioned on this link also.

www.livinginperu.com...

edit on 26-2-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the efford. What we need to stablish, as TheRedneck said in page 3, is the exact position of the crack. In other words, where it starts and where it ends, the shape it has (no necessary has be straight), and maybe how deep it is.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

thank you Truman to keep this thread alive, the lack of information, made that we can not say much about the event, it is most surprising, but if we connect all points can we have an overview

we have two large cracks

Michigan USA

Puno Perou

now i'm trying to find otheres event related in the world, if it is a normal event then i will find others if not i will search the real reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Looked like a mud pit instead of a crack. Must have lost something in the translation.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just found new information. Another crack in Peru has been reported on February 4, just weeks ago.

Sources are in spanish, anyway here is the information we need :

Location : Pariña Grande, Pueblo Nuevo District, about 5 kilometers from Ica - Peru. It's 150 long. Some parts it reaches 2 mts. deep. It starts at a soccer field and goes to the farm lands.

Ok...this is important : The Mayor of the town said an small crack (only surface), appeared after the earthquake of 08/15/2007.

Seems that now it's getting bigger suddenly. 200 families living there.

Link : www.larepublica.pe...
Video : www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-2-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

wow !!! great find and this crack look like michigan crack... thank you for the information
i was searching on google map Puno is a city in southeastern Peru, located on the shore of Lake Titicaca
but mining will become very intense in puno, and have here a link

www.livinginperu.com...

is it related i don't know, i was looking for volcano near puno but i only find that the crack is located in Chucuito District in puno and Chucuito District is known as house of the inca i know not related
but i find in looking on chucuito that puno is also know for MUD VOLCANOES...

Two mud volcanoes have been recently documented near Tiracoma, in the district of Cabana, province of San Roman, department of Puno, Peru. Herein, these mud volcanoes are referred to as Tiracoma 1 and Tiracoma 2.

ponce.sdsu.edu...

i'm still looking ...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

That's right. Puno is the name of an state and the main city in there.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have no idea if this is related or not. However, it's close enough in proximaty to definitely make me wonder.

Sudden seismic activity caused a "mega-mudslide" in the Bolivian capital of La Paz Sunday, the country's state news agency reported.

The picture in the article is amazing!

Source - CNN

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
The cracks found in Michigan was earth and what looked like mud holes and cracks with a temperature change present. I wonder if temperature readings took place in Peru? Either way it indicates pressure being applied from some source for this to happen. I do hope they find the 5 year that is missing.

Temperature change is present even if you crack a small rock.

As long as some pressure and deformation is involved, there will always be temperature change, the bigger the mass, the longer this change is retained, doesn't have to be magmatic in origin.

Anyway, anyone remember the 2012 film??

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Something is going on in that area for sure. Remember Puno is next to Bolivia. I'm reading now a bolivian newspaper, these landslides keep going.

(Translation)

Landslides do not stop in the city of La Paz, landslides in areas of Pampajasi Low, Kupini I and II, Kallapa, Sector Brewery, Bridge Irpavi II and Valle de Las Flores causing great desperation among the residents of those neighborhoods.

Those affected by landslides in recent days receive help from the staff of the Mayor, the military, the police and volunteers.

People continue to leave the houses in the affected areas as areas of increased risk. Those affected require the presence of national, departmental and municipal governments to closely monitor landslides and provide more aid to thousands of victims.

Reports indicate that each hour the earth gives an inch in the affected districts on the eastern slope.

www.la-razon.com...
edit on 28-2-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
and d'on't forget the sinkhole

as you said there is something going on here...
I have this weird feeling like we are looking at the sky we think it's ok the sky is blue but something is brewing beneath our feet...I am not an advocate of catastrophism, but there is something wrong

edit on 1-3-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
FRom another local paper :

Translated :

With an average of sliding of an inch for every hour that passes, the ground movement is still active in Kupini as geologists of the Municipal Government of La Paz estimated, It had moved 100 hectares (247 acres) of the eastern slope

(That's a lot of land my friends).

www.eldiario.net...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Last one from the same newspaper :

Landslide extends to three areas.

Disasters reported in eight areas of the east side of La Paz, suffering one of the worst earth movements in recent years. Yesterday, three areas were affected by landslides and remains latent danger, officials said.

Caliri, Jokoni and Irpavi II are areas that arrived yesterday geodynamic movement, the fact is almost uncontrollable and still active, according to reports.

www.eldiario.net...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
This means the universe is "flat", which also matches observations of the paths of parallel light staying parallel. It also means the universe will not collapse back in on itself. Instead, it will continue expanding. "Critical density" doesn't have the ominous implication's you're implying.

This part of the universe COULD appear to be flat, but that doesn't mean there is nothing beyond the "known universe", it just means we can only observe or theorize up to a certain point what we THINK we know about this part of the universe.

Don't you remember that not that long ago even most scientists thought the Earth was flat?...

Then when the train was invented it was thought that if a train went faster than 30-35 mph all the air would leave the cabins and people would suffocate to death...

Once it was thought that it was impossible for meal boats and submarines to stay afloat, or submerge, in the case of submarines, and come back to the surface at will... it was thought an impossibility since metal is heavier than water and it doesn't float... Yet we have submarines, boats, and airplanes, all made of metal breaking what were thought to be laws of physics...

Then it was thought that men walking on the Moon was only science-fiction...

So on, so forth.

Everything in nature, and space seems to manifest itself in a wave/circle. Everything in the universe, and multiverses is composed of energy, and since energy manifests itself as a wave/circle it is only logical that the universe is not really flat, and much less the multiverse/parallel universes.

Anyway, you think there is nothing beyond what we can measure or observe just because it hasn't been measured or observed yet?

Scientists find first evidence that many universes exist

The idea that there are many other universes out there is not new, as scientists have previously suggested that we live in a “multiverse” consisting of an infinite number of universes. The multiverse concept stems from the idea of eternal inflation, in which the inflationary period that our universe went through right after the Big Bang was just one of many inflationary periods that different parts of space were and are still undergoing. When one part of space undergoes one of these dramatic growth spurts, it balloons into its own universe with its own physical properties. As its name suggests, eternal inflation occurs an infinite number of times, creating an infinite number of universes, resulting in the multiverse.

These infinite universes are sometimes called bubble universes even though they are irregular-shaped, not round. The bubble universes can move around and occasionally collide with other bubble universes. As Feeney, et al., explain in their paper, these collisions produce inhomogeneities in the inner-bubble cosmology, which could appear in the CMB. The scientists developed an algorithm to search for bubble collisions in the CMB with specific properties, which led them to find the four circular patterns.

www.physorg.com...

www.manyuniverses.com...

edit on 2-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors, and to add comments.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
thank you for all the information you provide

I no longer understand in general this kind of event is reported in newspapers or on television, it is an earthquake or a landslide or other disaster like this.
I understand now all the world has worm's eye turned to Libya, but since a week peru falls to pieces, and not small parts it is hectares, but nobody pays much interest...why ?

I agree that everything can change overnight, what is gained today will change tomorrow, what we know about the functioning of the earth, the theory or the study may be sweep in a single hand, say that is normal is the same as saying this is not both are predicting it 50/50 ,but I am sure that here in peru that everything will start .. .people can tell me that I delusional or i watch too much the movie 2012 ... but I am sure we are walking on a minefield ... the time will tell.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I will add the most eminent to aid your aspiration and end much speculation

edit on 2-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Thank you for that, and it is exactly what is on my mind. I am glad more and more scientists are finding that we live in an infinite multiverse which never had a beginning, and will never have an end. The multiverse just goes through cycles, and to the beings/humans living in those cycles "it might look like" the end of a cycle is "the end of the world", but in reality it is just part of a cycle of the infinity of the multiverse.

edit on 2-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Daily new finds are making truth stranger than fiction.Personally,mostly all the theories that have ever been dreamt or imagined,holographic,quantum,general constants etc all combined make the reality we all live in,this then means we are living in something elses dream,or for tech members Program..Each day is becoming a living Revelation.

edit on 2-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

well said...something I have said and keep saying...for many years, science, which appears to be the new religion aka the only thing people will lend any cred to, is realising these principles, hasn't been an easy climb by far but way and hooray already! sometimes the small steps are the biggest leaps!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join