It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the group, Anonymous, Possibly win the Nobel Prize?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was thinking today, that if the group Anonymous were to somehow liberate suppressed information that could lead to curing diseases or providing cheap clean energy world-wide, that it could possibly result in "Anonymous" receiving a Nobel Prize. As such information would be something that would completely transform our society.

I don't know if that is something they are working on, but I personally believe that there is indeed suppressed research that could cure numerous diseases or even provide cheap clean energy. All due to corruption and corporate control of technologies and research in order to maximize profit at the expensive of human life.

It just has to be out there, sitting on a server in a dark cold room somewhere. Just waiting to be discovered, to be liberated, to save lives and ultimately better humanity.

Whistle-blowers are all too often silenced. But the collective super-organism of Anonymous could do it, and really I think they are the only ones with the ability to ensure the information is truly given to the people of Earth.

Who knows, maybe within the next few years we'll see a Nobel Prize awarded to Anonymous, I just wonder who will accept it?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507

Who knows, maybe within the next few years we'll see a Nobel Prize awarded to Anonymous, I just wonder who will accept it?

You would accept it. I would accept it. Your teachers would accept it. Your banker. The pizza delivery boy. The guy at the car wash. The babysitter that watches your kids. The quiet kid on the bus listening to his IPOD. ATS would accept it. I think you misunderstand what Anon really is.

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Vizzle because: CP

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Possibly the best and surest way to discredit anonymous and undermine their popularity would be to award them a Nobel Peace Prize. After all, they gave Obama the prize while he was escalating the war in Afghanistan, they gave Yasser Arafat the prize while he was strapping on bombs to the backs of children, they gave Henry Kissinger the prize while he was justifying a industrial military complex.

Conversely, Gandhi never got the prize, Liu Xiaobo, Corozon Aquino, and Vaclev Havel are just a few other peace activists who never got the award, but as I stated, that really swell guy Yasser Arafat did. That mensch Henry Kissinger did, and the second coming Obama did. Just saying, that's all.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The mass murdering terrorist , Yasser Arafat won a Noble prize as did the carbon trading hoaxer Al Gore so i don't see why Anonymous can't . Maybe one for them and one for Bono . Just ignore the independant audit 6 months ago that found Bonos' , Brit registered AIDs' charity that has collected million actually spent 3% on AIDs while 97% goes to administration and the managers live large and high off the hog . Lets nominate Anonymous for a Noble prize , a Pulitzer prize , a Grammy and an Academy Award . 13 days on the job and Obama won . As long as Newt Gingscrotum wins before Anonymous i'll be happy and how about that Gaddafi who is shooting those ungrateful terrorists . Nothing Yasser didn't do . Gaddafi for a Noble Peace Prize . Yasser blew planes out of the sky , killed thousands of innocent people and machine gunned folks in airports , proving that a Noble prize is more valuable than all of the gold in Ft. Knox . Lets not forget Mike Hukafool . He should get an award and Charlie Sheen . That fella has done more for humanity than Nelson Mandella and Joe Stalin combined . Lets not pass Alfred Noble himself . The inventor of high explosives used to improve the human condition in land mines , grenades , artillery shells and bombs . Imagine how many unwanted people would be on our planet had high explosives not been invented to kill hundreds of millions . Fine man and he should get a Noble prize .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

they gave Henry Kissinger the prize while he was justifying a industrial military complex.

Nobel peace prize means, they are entitled to a bigger "peace " of the pie. hehe

And anonymous, they are everyone who does not take credit for their actions. If one would take credit for their actions, they would not be anonymous. Be an attention whore, and take credit, you are not anonymous.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

And anonymous, they are everyone who does not take credit for their actions. If one would take credit for their actions, they would not be anonymous. Be an attention whore, and take credit, you are not anonymous.

Except that the group that the O.P. is referring to most certainly takes credit for their actions, they just don't want anyone to know who they really are.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I really was wanting to concentrate more on the accomplishments of Anonymous and the effects of liberating information that could cure diseases and provide cheap or free renewable energy sources to the world. Not really interested in the politics of the Nobel Prize, as there have been many many truly deserving individuals and groups that have won the prize throughout history.

Does Anonymous currently have an operation to discover/free information on those subjects?

I do appreciate the contributions though.

top topics

join