It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this power your house FREE and get you off the grid!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

It would be amazing to see how many communities have worked their bylaws to include a mandatory buy-back of personally produced power back to the grid, including power-line physical energy transfer. Our old county rules (Wellington County, Ontario) stated that any home-spun energy we produced would be bought back at a low, predetermined cost to the township, and offered as a rebate or discount against a continued supply from the energy company! We didn't look into much "free energy" after discovering the scam.

Another friend in a neighbouring county was required to buy about ten thousand dollars of infrastructure to run power up the road to his newly constructed house, and to turn around and sell it back for a dollar to the power company he was dealing with. Despite Harris privatizing hydro in Ontario, the individual communities stamp their regulations on behalf of the municipal and provincial governments. So unless it's an undeclared power source, which could be investigated as a breach of law, there is a stable rift to cross in many cases before the concern is nullified.

The best idea is to set it up in a location that remains unaffected by such legislation, and I'm really not certain what they haven't covered with a fine-tooth comb already. I hope no one runs into those snags!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thanks for those links, awesome!

That's exactly the kind of replies I was after to see if somebody could advance an idea into something greater!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Also I should mention you need a running stream near your house, but this can be overcome I'm sure with a pump powered by the wheel or attaching a car battery or something.

Sorry you can not do that. It is a law of Physics - Conservation of Energy because the water wheel can not do a 100% power conversion.
Well you could do it, but it would be pretty stupid, you could spend $100 worth of electricity running the pump to spin the water wheel, but the amount of electricity you could generate from the water wheel spinning would be worth only perhaps $40-50 at best. I'm sure that's what you meant.

Here is what would work. (I have been thinking about it)

If you do not have a stream with at least a 4 ft drop, you can create two ponds at two different levels with the 4 ft drop between, line the ponds with bentonite clay or cement. Place the water wheel between them. Use a windmill to move the water between the two ponds.

The ponds act as a giant storage battery and allow you to even out the energy generated by the wind.
Yes that would work.

A windmill with a storage battery! I like it. This is the kind of thinking we need instead of all the crackpot theories that violate laws of physics.

I starred your post, I was surprised nobody else had yet. Best post in the thread!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
double post
edit on 25-2-2011 by Arbitrageur because: double post

link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by 46ACE

its like an electric motor spinning a generator to power an electric motor turning the generator. Plenty of people smarter than any of us have proven you never get out more than you put in."Period" end of discussion. Embrace the box. its a small but versatile space.

Ok, well put my other recent thread into your pipe and smoke it then, haha!

Free energy machine.

The results of the generator were verified by independent engineers from SGS Australia following a test earlier this year, which confirmed the energy output from the generator was indeed greater than its input. Mr Christie said he and Mr Brits were currently working on a production prototype to suit the domestic market, which they hoped to produce locally. "If we go with our plan now, there is no reason why it couldn’t be available in Australia in two years," he said.

edit on 25-2-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

No thanks!scrolled down to the part where an external source was discussing the poor measuring techniques shown i.e. series measurement of a.c.power being treated like d.c.with no reference to complex impedences ( "a.c. power factor" and the like along with my firm belief in Kelvin tells me "it" what ever it was was a psuedo-science parlor trick.
See AC..devices like coils (transformers; motor windings )and capacitors absorb and store energy infields an return it back to the the circuit all the time. Its what they do for a living..Its really easy to forget that.a.c.and D.c power are different.and are measured differently because capacitive and inductive reatances; phase shifts and the frequency of the a.c.power come into play in a.c. devices.

Smoke that....
edit on 25-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

If you do not have a stream with at least a 4 ft drop, you can create two ponds at two different levels with the 4 ft drop between, line the ponds with bentonite clay or cement. Place the water wheel between them. Use a windmill to move the water between the two ponds. The ponds act as a giant storage battery and allow you to even out the energy generated by the wind.

Agreed, although perhaps cluttered on a smaller property, great idea!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Smoked!

But selective reading.

It's custom made. Those people can only make an assumption based on what they think is under the hood.

Everyone that I could find who went to personally view it bar one, walked away saying it works. And that was more then 7 years ago. Its been bought out for 30 million and has advanced.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

please see my diatribe on thermodynamics....

I really wish they would teach basic physics, chemistry and Geology in High school.

The best thing I learned in Geology was DO NOT build your house in a river and the hundred year flood plain IS part of the river.

The idiots in New Orleans never figured that out.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes that would work.

A windmill with a storage battery! I like it. This is the kind of thinking we need instead of all the crackpot theories that violate laws of physics.

I starred your post, I was surprised nobody else had yet. Best post in the thread!

I was trying to come up with something that could be made and maintained by a handyman home owner. Storage batteries are very expensive, unfriendly to the environment, unrepairable and really do not get you "off the grid" because of their relatively short live.

...deep cycle lead acid battery will cost between $50 and $200 and, if properly maintained, will give you at least 150 deep discharge cycles.... marine-electronics.net...

Solar cells are maybe 20 years and unrepairable.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Actually, Ive just had an idea.

Did anyone see that Conan movie where he spends his life turning a wheel?

How about if you employed a homeless person or a back packer looking for their second visa to turn a wheel and giving your house free energy.

The way energy prices are going up, you would cut the bill in half by paying this laborer the minimum wage.

And during winter and the rainy days you could convert your guttering system to take over.

I gotta patent this, please don't steal it.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok but seriously now....

Who can tell me if the basic principle of this alternator would work or not.

Instead of a water wheel you have a magnetic wheel.

You take a water wheel and layer each top side of the paddles with a powerful attracting magnet.

On the bottom side of each paddle you again layer it with the non-attracting magnet.

Above the wheel at a 45 degree angle you have the most powerful L shaped magnet you could find which on the bottom side of the L would have the attracting magnet and the vertical side of the L the non attracting one.

With this method, could the wheel be pulled up and then pushed away to keep the wheel spinning, or would it become stuck in limbo?

edit on 26-2-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Your major energy cost is heating and cooling the home. Here is an idea for geothermal heating and cooling.

.... On a hot sunny summer afternoon, take a drive out along a Frontage Road along an Interstate Highway or similar large highway. Make sure it is a day with moderate wind, and that you have chosen to be on the downwind side of the highway! Find a concrete or metal culvert where water is able to pass under the highway, and walk to the end of the culvert. You will feel air coming out of it, and that air will be IMPRESSIVELY COOL! You immediately realize that you could stay there for hours and hours, and cool air would continuously come out your end. You can look THROUGH the culvert and see where the 90ºF (32ºC) hot summer air was going INTO the culvert, and yet here at your end, it CONSTANTLY comes out wonderfully cooled! Continuously, all day, every hot day! This is a truly impressive experiment to do, and it is immensely convincing regarding the whole point of the system which is described in this presentation!.....

Note that there is nothing complicated or complex about this idea, it is actually really simple, and even obvious! All we did was, in 1979, to apply modern Engineering methods to calculate how to make an "artificial cave" that is most efficient. We also found a way to use really inexpensive materials that are already available in a store near you!

Actually, we even make an improvement over that idea involving a natural cave, because it turns out that a natural cave could foul up the humidity (IRH) in the house. So the system presented here (which is a sealed, RECIRCULATING system where the house air is actually never mixed or exchanged with any other air, essentially duplicating a modern heating or air conditioning system which has air return ducts) is even better than what was just described!...

The temperature a few feet down in the ground is remarkably constant throughout the day and year. In Chicago, for example, that deep soil remains approximately 52ºF (11ºC), day and night, summer and winter. In the summer, the hot house air is blown through some underground tubes and that hot house air is cooled by contact with the cool (52ºF) (11ºC) walls of the underground tubes. It turns out that it is also de-humidified, too! It turns out that IF the soil happens to be at or below 60ºF (16ºC), when the house air is cooled to that temperature, the relative humidity in the tubes rises to 100% and moisture in the air condenses out on the walls of the tubes. When that 60ºF (16ºC) air at 100% moisture is again raised to the desired 76ºF (24ºC) air temperature in the house, the humidity (called IRH) is at the desired 40%. If the soil is cooler than 60ºF (16ºC) then the air is pushed through faster so the humidity is not lowered too much. If the soil is above 60ºF (16ºC), a separate dehumidifier is likely to be necessary.... mb-soft.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

World's Most Efficient Overunity Water Heater

You know I think a small community survival group for seeds and sharing info is important. I've been thinking of getting my sons, into this this year, and also, that it would be a great, perhaps even fun thing, to have a build a generator project for meet ups.

Greenpowerscience has a really interesting channel on youtube, I've noticed for over a year: www.youtube.com...

Inside a Car Alternator Green Energy Generator Brush Reinsertion

SOLAR FOUNDRY MELTING STEEL WITH THE SUN USING A LARGE FRESNEL LENS Solar "Death

ew Generation of Solar Fresnel Lens

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

FRESNEL SOLAR STEAM BOILER VACUUM TUBE STEEL WOOL TEAVANA SOLAR SCHOOL

STIRLING ENGINE Solar Stirling Engine Compressor Conversion Solar Training

STIRLING ENGINE FRESNEL Lens on a Steek Solar powered Stirling Engine

www.greenpowerscience.com...

Some Stirling engine powered boats

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks Unity!

I'm going to go and watch them all now, they look very interesting.

The solar death ray has my attention at the moment.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

free tree power

ELECTRICITY FROM THE EARTH

How to Make a Good Safe Homemade Battery

I've been looking into trying to find ways to make batteries. Hope someone has good ideas concerning this.

Oh, this video, is interesting. I take it its a coil.

Free Energy Coil Group Demo

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Have you seen this one Unity?

It got sold to a Hong Kong firm last year and meant to be commercially available in a year or two.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding though!

Magnetic Energy Turbine
edit on 26-2-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

this idea has been gone over and over...try search...its in the survival forum..key words to get you started is "off the grid"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I guess its like the Alien and UFO forums.

It doesn't matter how much lack of evidence or how deep the government or powers that be try to bury it, people just want to keep making threads and discussing the topic with educated and like minded people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join