It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the GOV wants your gun

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

trying to support new gun laws , did you know the USA thanks to H.C. S. of S. is still behind the UNODA www.un.org... and this is where most of the uh..um stats come from.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well i am most likely the only one that give a you know what i will post this for future ref. nationalgunrights.org... i is old news and some not old news.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the fact that in England and Scotland you are more likely to be violently assaulted than in America? How do you feel that sexual assault and domestic abuse are on the rise in England since handguns have been banned? Can you explain how there are 7,000 firearm offenses a year in a country that has some of the toughest restrictions in the world?

How amazing is it that America is 49th in murders per year, yet has looser gun laws than most of the countries with higher murder rates. How about this, how do you feel about the fact that even if all criminal use of guns stopped, it would only lower violent crime by 8% in America. America is actually safer than a number of European countries.

How do you feel about our loose regulations supplying Mexican Cartels with nearly four fifths of their arsenal?

Well the ATF has actually been forcing gun dealers to make illegal sales. Then they let the guns cross the border on purpose. It was not untill an American federal officer was killed that the media became interested. It had become common knowledge among the gun owners of America. Heck, on the website CleanUpATF.org ATF agents had blown the whistle months ago. Their complaints about the illegal nature of "Operation Gunrunner" were over ridden by the head agents in Phoenix and Washington DC.

A Journalists Guide To Project Gun Runner is written by one of the two guys that helped break the story originally.

This thread is about the 90% myth. I have a post in there with links to several news sources. It might help you understand where the guns are really coming from.

CBS News Article

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

What happened was a high ranking ATF official went in front of congress and made false statements. When he was caught the ATF released a statement saying that it was an accident. However, the media and the anti-gun crowd have failed to acknowledge that the ATF retracted the number.

The ATF is a corrupt organization. Many of their agents have left for other federal and local agencies. They have even set up their own whistle blower web forum to expose the inner workings of the ATF. The ATF has admitted that it actively dicourages federally licensed gun dealers from renewing their licenses. They were caught in the past turning down aplications for class III licenses even when they should have granted the license. Plus Obama actually named an anti-gun activist to head the agency.

The ATF has become a way for politicians to attempt anti-gun maneuvers they can not pass through congress.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
atf is now BATFE with more clout and longer arms DHS TSA ICE are all one in the same just depends on what office the paper work come from 2012, 2013 is when it is just called "home guard security" so i am told, looking for the directive now.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
"Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists"!!!!

I can go into any grocery store and buy the materials to make a improvised plastic explosive that is equal to 60% strength dynamite.

Under this proposed law i could have my right taken without trial just for posting the three idems used to make this improvised plastic explosive even though they already are posted on terrorist webs sites and even in publications copied from manuals printed by the US government printing office and being sold on the Internet.

The government could claim i was adding terrorist.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

how does it feel knowing that a simple purchase could get you on a watch list?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
you know and you can see the writing on the wall, yet you say, not so. There will be a day when it is to late, a day when you a forced to give up you right to own or have in your possession any type of fire arm

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
well this is an update on what TPTB are doing news.yahoo.com... and here is the link head line UNITED NATIONS – France's ambassador for disarmament says countries meeting at the U.N. are moving closer to consensus on the need for a legally binding treaty to regulate the multibillion-dollar global arms trade. so what does this have to do with the USA? just this, i will try to se if the Sec of ST, H. C. said any thing www.un.org...
edit on 4-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceAssassin
reply to post by bekod

here is the bill, shouldn't infringe on your rights unless you are a terrorist unless i missed something.

YEEESH Yet another 'If you're not a "terrorist" you have nothing to worry about! "krok ofsheet" to steal a phrase posted else where

Nice wall of text...

" unless you are a "terrorist" :??????????

can you tell me what that ( " terrorist") is? and guarantee it will mean the same thing in 4 or5 years(or15or20?)? See the Problem with crap like this???
various Appointed apparatchiks have declared: taparty members ;lone dissenters and returning vets as domestic terrorists or possible domestic terrorists.

I have little control whether I am designated a "domestic terrorist" or not (and neither do you!) I fit certain criteria( gun owning veteran And self- labled "constitutionalist" ) I tend to be outspoken against large government; over bearing government ( i.e. one world " govt) vehemetly anti communist. In Janets eyes I'm the "problem"...
edit on 4-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by 46ACE because: composib

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

well there are several papers and sites that will tell you if you are on a watch list, this is one, with the how and why www.thenewamerican.com...
then this one www.justice.gov...
and lastly what the ACLU says about it www.aclu.org... i hope this clears the question up. but if you want to see if you are on one just try to fly that will tell you. or check here www.tsa.gov... and for real easy use here is the direct link

www.dhs.gov...

edit on 5-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

edit on 5-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well the BATFE is at it again

"I hope you're not one of those gun owners who said, "They'll never come for my shotguns."

If you are, I'm afraid the rain is about to fall on your parade.

You see, the ATF is coming for your shotguns ... with a vengeance.

The ATF wants to ban the importation of any tactical shotgun it views as not meeting the "sporting suitability" use as defined in the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Gun Digest Book of the Tactical Shotgun

That means all they need to do is make up a bunch of "features" that don't (according to them) "fit" a sporting use of a shotgun.

It's an open door for an outright shotgun ban ... the very same shotguns that are probably in your gun safe right this minute.

This ban may seem too horrible and too outrageous to be real. But believe me when I tell you: This is no hoax.

Make no mistake: This ban will affect hundreds of gun makers who produce shotguns that are currently in use not only by law enforcement and the military in the United States but also home owners who simply want an effective home defense shotgun.

The real question is, what can you do about it? For starters, get informed about these guns."
from an NRA news letter form my email

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

probably because other countries have denied the right to own a gun.

last time i checked there are over 100 million if not 200 million gun owners who have never killed anyone.

guns dont kill people

PEOPLE kill people

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

shush not so loud the atf, that is the BATFE might ban you er say your weapon

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The right to bear arms was created too keep soldiers from taking over your home.English soldiers would rape and pillage american's.All anti-gun pro's miss the point.I don't want to be unarmed if another country's soldiers ever do come knocking,. Would you?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join