It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Cemeteries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.ghastlyghosthunter.com...

I just finished reading a very spooky book about a haunted
cemetery in Scotland near Covenanters Prison. This internet
site talks about the place in the book and it has pictures and
video of some of the spooks there.

I have a ghost hunting hobby. It isn't 'professional' but I do
the EVP thing, and have my EMF meter, and cameras, etc.

I was wondering if anyone here has done ghost hunting or had
ghost experiences in cemetaries. I know it's a strange thing ....
but I kinda like ghost hunting in cemeteries.

Anyone?

[edit on 7/17/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What is the name of the book?

Regards,

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... - on here is someone who had a pretty bad experience with a cememtery. I have never actually done the whole ghost hunting thing, though I do have some books on the subject.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've never had an experience in a cemetary, although I have been in one after dark, but it was near a highway and across from the thrift store and the mall so it wasn't all that scary.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The name of the book? Oh great ... I gave it to a friend of mine to read. When she gives it back, I'll put it on this thread.

I posted the link to the place to tell ya'll about it. Sounds really spooky,
in a dark way. I wouldn't mess with it, but I DO EVP and such at local
cemeteries. I'm strange I guess ... cemeteries are kinda interesting.

The link has pictures and such ... YIKES!

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
before i was born my parents lived in puerto rico and they told me before they had me or my brothers they tried to have kids but my mom did not get pregnant...then one night they went to put flower at my grandfathers grave and when they were leaveing( this was at night) they heard children laughing and they said it sounded like it was comeing from the cemetary. then a few weeks later my mom got pregnant with my older brother.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I haven't but a friend of mine claims to have had a strange experience.

Walking past a cemetery where we grew up, he and his cousin supposedly heard what they thought was someone chanting loudly. As they started walking more quickly, the chanting got louder only to turn into a horrible laughter. They said it sounded like an old woman and they thougt they saw someone sitting on top of a grave.

Needless to say, they ran out of there.

This happened in the middle of the night on the countryside, in an area where everybody knows eachother. No drug addicts or anything like that.

When he told me this, I just laughed at his story. But it's been more than 10 years since then and he's still sticking to it...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hmmm, maybe the idea of spirits haunting cemeteries is some what EXAGURATED. Think about it right, most spirits that are seen usually have some connection to where they are seen, like a spirit haunting a place could have died there. etc....

So if there are so many spirits at cemeteries, why do they all still linger there, since the only thing that connects them is that they are buried there.

Hmmm got me thinking now :S

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If you are into Cemetary Ghosts, or Ghosts in general, I recomend these books:

Ghosts Of Saratoga Springs :By David Pitkin
Ghosts Of The Northeast: By David Pitkin

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
yeah i had a weird expirence in a graveyard onetime. 4 other ppl had were there too. i do go ghost hunting from time to time. i had on an expirence in a haunted house to. NOTE* house isn't standing anymore due to a house fire. i live in western massachusetts

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
WIERD !!!

i live about a mile from that graceyard, and i have been there after dark many times, and taken tons of pics, and got strange pics and plenty or orbs...

here is my homepage where i store pics, have a look.
www.shaunybhoy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

ps...they are large and might take a min to load.
also this is the SCARIEST place i have ever been. and without doubt the scariest place in scotland. one of the pics i took was i have circled where person/energy can be clearly seen. i have been to dozens of gravyards and this one (grayfriers churchyard , edinburgh) is by a mile the hell of all hells.
i am psychic as a few of you might believe, and everytime i step foot in this place something happens. anyone interested then let me know, im glad to share more.

[edit on 19/7/2004 by shauny]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ment to mention...

the convents area in this old prison is closed to the public as there have been so many strange /wierd things happen to people like tourists. right behind the wall of that convents area is my dads old house. he moved out of it about 3 months ago. even in his house was mad. his house was the wash area for the convicts.

VERY VERY WIERD PLACE... if its 100c hot oustside it was ALWAYS STONE COLD in my dads house.

im sorry to go on, but this place is beyond belief

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have done some cemetary stuff. I to do it as a hobby when I am not busy. We have a cemetary here (actually two of them)
Bachelors Grove and Resurrection that are very haunted.

here are some links for both of them

[url=http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/

Resurrection Mary

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I live in the Chicago area too, and plan on making a trip to Bachelors Grove Cemetary. A friend of mine was there 2 weeks ago, and swore he heard a baby crying!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
WIERD !!!

i live about a mile from that graceyard, and i have been there after dark many times, and taken tons of pics, and got strange pics and plenty or orbs...

YOU'VE BEEN THERE?? WOW! I didn't expect to catch anyone here who had actually been there. Tell us about what happened. When I read the book about the place I was warned that even reading the book can result in finding those wierd scratches on your body and stuff. I wonder ... do you think the black entity is 'death'? As in the grim reaper?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeC
I have done some cemetary stuff. I to do it as a hobby when I am not busy. We have a cemetary here (actually two of them)
Bachelors Grove and Resurrection that are very haunted.

Excellent stuff! Have you done any EVPs there? I have heard many things about this place and have seen it on TV. The haunting seems to be consistant and continueing.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

here is my homepage where i store pics, have a look.
www.shaunybhoy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

[edit on 19/7/2004 by shauny]

WOW! Thanks for sharing. You say you are psychic. YIKES!
What feelings do you get from that cemetery? It's been
excercised at least two times (and mostly failed).

Do you think the black entity is 'death'. From reading the
book I'm thinking it's THE Grim Reaper.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
flyers.....

i have been there i rekon about 20-30-40 times. and the feeling i get is off utter evil. its an evil like no other. this one time i swear i was attacked. took my breath away. i ran very fast you could say. typicaly when im at a graveyard such as this i get the feeling of people being beside me and showing me things. its hard to explain, its more like a snapshot of a picture than a voice or a sighting. the grim reaper ? i dont know about that, id say there would have to be deaths for that to be true. the convicts area is REAL SPOOKY. i have been in it once, we had to jump over the gate that is in that link u posted. i swore id never go back in there....and i wont.

i have more pics, hundreds even of orbs etc, so if u want to add me to msn messenger (if u have) id love to share. pm me over ATS and we can chat, and i will tell u more.

cheers for the interest.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

WIERD !!!

i live about a mile from that graceyard[edit on 19/7/2004 by shauny]

www.ukresident.com...
you might be interested in this.
(or maybe not)

I'm not really good at computer stuff. I'm going to send you
my email. We can talk more there. I'm really interested in
your experiences. My best friend has her daughter in college
there. She's the one who gave me the book. I'll be telling
her about what happened to you.

Check your U2U messages for my email.

[edit on 7/20/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hmm very interesting, I dont think I have ever had a feeling in cemeteries, maybe I aint in tune to it all, who knows. But if there is something there, then maybe it could be a spirit gathering who knows

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join