It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH is wrong with some of you young women?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thank God the kid has you in his life, someone who genuinely cares and loves him. He had a tough home life and then this chic comes along to screw him over. So sad! He will need you more than ever and I know you will be there for him. My thoughts and heart are with you all!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I noticed you discussed your geographic area elsewhere.

It isn't women that are the problem; It is, IMO, largely the geo political area you live in.
Detroit Dangerous?

From your post on this thread, and a familiarity with this area - the problem isn't women - the problem is that you live in a red neck shizz hole / ghetto area.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
When I first proposed to the gal that is now my wife... I did so with a .25cent from from a gumball machine... you should have seen the happiness in her eyes... she didnt care that it was fancy or expensive... she was so happy at the thought of being my wife that what she wore on her finger was meaningless... I did in about a weeks time buy her an actual engagement ring... one that was within my small budget... but a real one... and i proposed to her once more... She understood the concept of love and marriage... and she's is a knock out... she came from a rich background... traveled the world before meeting me and yet still she married a fat hillbilly from Kentucky with no money... and a gumball plastic engagement... If you find someone you truly love... it doesnt matter what they have or what carat their ring is...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

...yep, advantage, you're biased... been there, done that, cant blame ya for that one... however, i do caution you in projecting your anger towards the girl in front of the young man... you seem like a real nice lady, so maybe that caution is unnecessary...

...also, maybe that girl is from a crappy home and there was no one like you for her... we never really know how people live behind closed doors... i'm not excusing her behavior, just saying there may be deep-seated issues that you dont know about and that if you did you might have some compassion or, at least, some understanding...

...hope the young man gets into some serious counseling... reckon he wont be deployed now, huh?... hope not - a war zone is the last place he needs to be...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Some girls, just like some guys, are just trash.

There are not alot of people who honor commitment anymore...and people would rather be caught cheating than be upfront about their feelings. It's easy to end a relationship once you been caught cheating...because most of the time the other person does it for you.

Hope your friend is ok.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I am trying to figure this question out myself. I can't stand women like this they are scum to me and so are men who do the same. I know people who act this way and it's acceptable, then don't care. I blame society, tv, celebs and the media for how they portray relationships in everything. It makes me sick and pisses me off!

I hope your friend gets well soon. I know it will take him a while to cover emotionally but please tell him not to take it out on any one he dates in the future. Make sure he knows not all women are like this and I agree the ring issues was a HUGE sign..

Women like this make it hard for me to date because every man I meet is so bitter because a chick did something like this to them so they freak out with me. It's frustrating because there are women who would NEVER treat their man this way.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainTrips

Wow what a bitch

I second that opinion of what she seems to be, with my second line.

Wow what a bitch.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Several of you have hinted that the situation is getting worse.

Nope, this crap has been going on since the dawn of time. It is the plot for most western literature.

But yes, the media ram home a message that "you are nobody till somebody loves you." What a crock.

Although, truthfully, I dated a head-case in college, so I've seen it all before.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Im not sure why it suprises anyone the way young women behave nowdays.

Is it any wonder? Their mothers have them dressing like whores and acting like adults before they even hit middle school. Covered in makeup, cell phone in hand, tiny tots Mastercard in hand. Twelve year olds acting like middle street prostitutes.

My guess is they learn it from the idiot box that promotes anything and everything underhanded, nasty and trashy. Also probably from their piss poor role models that they have at home to learn from. Money chasers, substance abusers, women who treat their husbands like idiots and who screw the gardener and the neighbor down the block.

You wonder where they learn it from? Look around, it is everywhere.
edit on 3/2/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I will give some real life quotes that I have experienced.

1.My husband is gone for the weekend would you like to spend the weekend with me?
2.I just called my boyfriend to tell him you are spending the night.
Don't worry about it...he is married and we are fighting at the moment.
3.Out of all the guys I have been with while being with you...you're the one I like the most.
4.You don't go to church so I wasn't expecting you to come here and catch me with him.
5.I only dated your friend to get to know you.
6.(me talking to an aquantance)
Did you have sex with her while I was out of town?
He answers yes and he is sorry.
(me talking to her)
Did you have sex with name not important?
No I would never do that to you.
7.I am getting married...we should *get together* before I leave town.

I have the opinion that loyalty is becoming less and less important to some people.

I have tossed alot of garbage to the curb.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Man that is just sad. My wife and I have a "Life in / Life out" policy. It has worked so far.

I think it is more common in some social circles than others. If her friends act that way, she probably does, too.

Another reason why I believe in long engagements.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, if you look at the home he came from.. you said his own mother tried to kill him because he wouldn't give her money for heroin... he's been groomed to think (mostly on an unconscious level) that the 'proper woman' will be vicious and greedy and mentally unstable, just like dear old mom.

Also I'm guessing that example you gave is just the end of a long string of very abusive interactions with the primary female care giver which spread across most of his life. Since sadly but true, we all 'fall in love' with someone who reminds us of one of our primary care givers aka mom and dad (or whoever) took care of us while we were growing up, it's unlikely he'll ever choose a healthy loving woman because he wouldn't be able to 'love' (aka be addicted to) her.

So I would say, unless he gets himself some serious help, he's going to end up picking the 'wrong' kind of woman, (aka a gal like his dad or mom) again and again for pretty much the rest of his life, and since neither of his parents sounds like they are anyone you could have a loving successful long term relationship with, the type of woman he chooses will engage in those kinds of relational abuse just like this gal did. Or in ways his father was abusive. Take your pick. But neither type will treat him lovingly or well. And he will still keep picking them, because they are essentially his 'drug' of choice.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I feel for the guy, but he was given advice and warned about the girl and he made the decision to stay with her.

But honestly, where do you get off saying this is a problem with young women today!? I know NO women like this, I've met some, but when I was 18 and in my first serious relationship, I was fed lines and found out after I was dumped that the guy that loved me had a fiancé, and several 'hook up girls' on the side that were all being fed the same lines - I came from a background with alcoholic parents and had to look after myself from 14 up and I'm not attempting suicide or blaming men in general.

Life lesson - you learn from your mistakes, some people are just sh** for no reason, and when he recovers, he will learn a lesson in trust - and the mole that cheated on him will learn a big lesson in karma and probably grow up to regret losing a great guy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
She's a real c u next tuesday.

Thank God not all females are like that. Hope he recovers soon, for his health and heart.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

You know two wrongs dont make a right and you wronged, and did to two others what

had been done to you. Now one or both of the two girls may have been trusting like yourself

and been very hurt by your actions, so your 'revenge' didn't so much hurt your ex. as her two

friends who in all probabality didnt deserve it. Your best 'revenge' was your ex. seeing you as

you are now settled and happy.

Like an earlier poster said........"What dosen't kill you makes you strong" you love and enjoy

your happy times but you learn more from your mistakes.............Sad but true

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I was wondering how he is now? Is he still in hospital?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sad story, OP.
Another sad thing in addition to those already mentioned is that the young woman may not even perceive that she has caused any problem or be capable of understanding in any real visceral way what it means for other people to experience pain. I know this sounds insane to most people with normal levels of empathy, but I know for a fact people like this exist...everywhere. Society even rewards these traits when they are channeled and applied correctly. And of course, this is not a male/female thing, its a human thing.

As for the title of the thread, as I'm assuming you are aware, it doesn't necessarily entirely reflect the content of the thread. For example, by generalizing the hateful acts of a few people like the woman in question to a larger section of young women in general, one ignores a whole swath of crucial facts: Most notably, that most if not all young women are beautiful, even the ones that aren't physically perfect; that their very presence on earth is like a ray of sunshine; that they are intelligent in ways older people don't yet understand, they are wise beyond their years and one should be I'm glad almost all of them exist, yes, pretty much almost all. Stuff like that. Why anyone would want to forget that is beyond me.

edit on 3/4/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It varies from how they were raised to experiences in their life that have happened. I feel for that guy, but
he was the one that didn't listen.

Being a military wife, I will say that about 50% of military wives are like that girl. It's extremely sad and disgusting.

I was raised in church, so when I came to this base and found out how many women cheated on their husbands within 2 weeks of my husbands deployment, I couldn't believe it. But now that it's been a couple of years, it's the norm around here.

Very sad..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The world is full of lying manipulators. This girl is only 18 and has a lot of life experiences still to learn from, maybe there is hope for her. Your friend needs support but he does not need to have his life decisions made for him. His youth and inexperience is evidenced by his reluctance to trust the judgement of a more mature and experienced friend so trying to convince him of anything that he does not want to hear will only prove counter productive. If he is reconciled with this girl, respect his right to make his own choices even as you refrain from showing how you cannot respect the decision itself. And one way to really help him may be to build a relationship with the girl. If she is resistant to any friendly overtures from you and your husband, your friend may then see the darker elements of her character and thereby begin the process of making more realistic assessments of people. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

He made his bed though...he has to lie in it. He stayed with this psycho b**ch...so he has to WANT to be out of it...nothing you can say or do will change it. Obviously, you want him to get with your daughter instead, so you won't approve of other gals, but it sounds like you've got plenty to go on here with this one... Did you ever actively try to get him and your daughter together? Maybe after this episode, he'll wise up...but if even THAT doesn't do it...then there is little hope for the poor kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join