It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A car that runs on water...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Guys does anyone of you knew about the Philippines invernto Daniel Dingle?

more than 30 years ago he developed a car powered entirely by water, but the government killed it.

Do some googling and you can find tons of his videos, mostly even teaching how to do it but in Tagalog.
It was a big news before all over the main stream media in Philippines

www.macuha.com...
danieldingel.com...
juliusbabao.multiply.com...
educate-yourself.org...

GUYS PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO FOR GODSAKE!!! Mr, DINGLE CLEARLY STATES THE REASONS WHY THE GOVERNMENT KILLED HIS PROJECT!!!! PLEASE!!!

edit on 26-2-2011 by WinnieDaWho because: added links

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
reply to post by autowrench

i hear that autowrench!i have been reading about how America is raising gas prices to $5.40 a gallon!this really sucks.this HHO system would be very useful to people who drive large vehicles like trucks and heavy cars or any car that runs on an internal combustion engine.HHO converters looks like a great money saver.

Yes it is a great money saver, and for a social security family, we need it. We do other things too, to get good mileage, tires are 40 psi, 45,000 volt ignition system, perfect front end alignment all go to mileage. We are a family of six, four of us are adults, and a little car is out of the question. If even half of Americans would use one of these, we could force the price of gasoline down. After all, the price when I started driving was $0.35 a gallon, and it has always went up, never down. Think it will start going down soon? Dream on. Let's work together and make them pay, for once.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

have you thought about getting a motor home?i myself am looking at getting a truck camper as a home sense there is only one of me.its the camper you put on a back of a pickup truck.but an R.V. seems to be a better suite for you.i saw an R.V. that was 45 feet in length!only problem was how to make enough $$$$$ for that beast!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

few days back came across an article where a japanese company has unveiled a car mechanism where the car can run on water and air as fuel by the came Genepax. anyways all the best on your venture and keep us updated. would like to hear on your proceedings.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The theory would be to separate the Hydrogen molecules from Oxygen (H2O) and burn the hydrogen but the only proven principle for using water to run a car at this point in time is the old fashioned steam engine,. Boil the water to produce steam and use the steam to power your car.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

that old method of water power uses a seprate fuel to burn the water into steam.when they used it for trains and other vehicles in the 1800's they used wood or coal.thats just using two fuels at once.its very old school.my idea is to run a car on water only.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
yep the 2004 dodge truck one is needing more than 55 liters of hho per minute...double or triple that and it should work....that means 170 amps off three alternators with a pwm which needs to be beefed up from the one seen on ebay.....then they pressurize it to 65 lbs. or more..before sending through
hho on ebay is an easy search, pay attention to the pwm specs....it has to be tougher
edit on 28-2-2011 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sign me up for one if you get it done.
Although I have heard the T. Boone Pickens does want your water.

T. Boone Pickens wants your water

Careful.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
The theory would be to separate the Hydrogen molecules from Oxygen (H2O) and burn the hydrogen but the only proven principle for using water to run a car at this point in time is the old fashioned steam engine,. Boil the water to produce steam and use the steam to power your car.

Friend, Hydrogen alone will run a normally aspirated engine, provided it is at the correct fuel pressure. Oxygen will also run an engine, but Oxygen burns way to hot, it would melt spark plugs, or worse, pistons. This is the very fuel the Shuttle runs on.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Friend, Hydrogen alone will run a normally aspirated engine, provided it is at the correct fuel pressure. Oxygen will also run an engine, but Oxygen burns way to hot, it would melt spark plugs, or worse, pistons. This is the very fuel the Shuttle runs on.
The space shuttle does indeed carry oxygen, but it's not used as fuel. It's used as an oxidizer to burn the hydrogen fuel:

en.wikipedia.org...

"A Space Shuttle External Tank (ET) is the component of the Space Shuttle launch vehicle that contains the liquid hydrogen fuel and liquid oxygen oxidizer. ..."
So you could say it's running off of water that's been split apart, though converting the hydrogen and oxygen to liquid form isn't something I see most car experimenters doing, they use the gaseous forms.

I've also read that if an engine designed to run on gasoline is run on hydrogen instead, there can be adverse effects to the engine, resulting in shorter engine life. Perhaps with some modifications and tweaks these effects can be mitigated. I did notice in the video of the 2004 Dodge truck that claims to run on water, the inventors pointed out the knocking sound of the engine and the need to make some tweaks to help it run better on hydrogen or HHO.

Regarding what you do with the oxygen when you split the water apart, it seems to me like it's optional to store it in a car, there's enough oxygen in the air to burn the hydrogen even if you don't store the separated oxygen. The space shuttle has to bring its own oxygen supply along since it can't get enough oxygen from the atmosphere for that burn rate, especially at higher altitudes.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That sounds interesting. Do you like the space shuttle program? I remember they use hydrogen fuel cells to get oxygen and water. A one for two resources system. I have always liked the space shuttle.... It's a shame they are getting them decommissioned. That sucks. But that's how the budget works sometimes

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I got some info, for you. Finally, eh?
But my brother-in-law was in Bali on vacation, so it had to wait.

Here's what I could find out: he doesn't have any of the documents anymore (it got taken away from him), so had to tell me from memory:

A water to hydrogen converter in the boot separated the hydrogen from the water and expelled the oxygen leaving pure hydrogen. It is this hydrogen that is in turn used as a combustion fuel in the end.

Because the converter is situated in the boot, small modifications are needed to an existing engine or car to enable it to run on hydrogen. (so basically you could do this on any car, no need to build something from scratch)

Oil companies and government bought out the patent and the car and put laws in place to stop any further developments of someone else trying to build it again, based on, if someone drove into the boot of your car it could cause an explosion. The fact that that could happen if somebody drove into your car and fuel leaked out, any spark could ignite it and it could cause a boom anyway apparently is irrelevant

Ok, sorry, that's all I could find out for you. If you get this right, make sure you also ensure a way at the same time to prevent the hydrogen converter from going boom (I assume like some sort of protection around the boot or whatever), or they will use that as an excuse too, and avoid big companies at all cost.

I wish you good luck in your venture, I really do, because I for one would like to see this happen.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Fenix777 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know, I have been wanting to do my research project on cars that run on water, if they didn't make them so ridiculously expensive,

But cars the run on Compressed Air, or magnet power are much more interesting to me. Really check it out, hopefully my Environmental Science teacher lets me!

auto.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

Interesting idea. It sounds like it's similar to the H.H.O. conversion system another member showed me in a video. I am wondering of there is a way to alter hydrogen into a less explosive fuel using some chemistry know how. That would solve allot of safety issues the government has with this technology. Thanks for the information Fenix777.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

I have seen the air driven cars before. Europe already has them. They are interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's a pleasure

About changing the chemicals , that I know nothing about, therefore I don't mess with it. I leave it to people who know what they're doing, because I'm more likely to blow a hole in my city.

Any chance of making that car of yours one that can drive itself? If you could do that, then the government wouldn't have an excuse, make all the cars like that and you won't have accidents, no accidents = no booms going up like popcorn on the highway in mid-morning traffic

edit on 19-3-2011 by Fenix777 because: ETA

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

OK. I understand that. Speaking of explosive fuel. I got some oil mixed gasoline all over my hands in my garage working on a moped side project. The damn fuel on off valve switch started to leak on the engine. Cheap Japanese parts! At least that's where I think its from.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join