It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World of Social Networking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
First and foremost we have created a new atmosphere in the world with the spread of Social Networking and Global Media. At one time you would hear about what was going on in the world from your next door neighbor or maybe even someone you worked with. Otherwise we all watched Peter Jennings, Tom Brockaw, or whoever your known and favorite broadcaster was. I remember listening to the stories of the Berlin Wall falling on my clock radio. The Coup in Russia was much the same. I listened with fear, awe, and shock at the changes happening all around the world.

These days I can watch it all on TV or read about it instantly or even watch footage from news agencies in the affected areas. Technology has made leaps and bounds since the days before computers and the public version of the internet became redily available. Now you can watch a revolution live as long as the media is available and if you can't see it live you can get updates via twitter, facebook, and other social networking sites.

The point I am trying make is that this stuff has happeened for years and years and years. From uprisings in the Roman Empire to Libya. Yet now more then ever everyone has there own 2 cents on what is happening and what they think should happen. The thing that I find most fascinating is how many people will moan and whine about the treatment of the people by the government when I have to wonder how much they really know about the government in question.

Egypt the entire time this revolution was going on there were people going on and on about how proud they were of the people of Egypt fighing for there freedom. These were the same people that were content with there leader and basically got upset because of the current economy that the whole world is under the gun with. The US included. Its funny to me that all this occurs over money, but did anyone stop to think that without a government you weren't likely gonna get a raise either. Furthermore, the ousting of a leader is not going to fix the economy and suddenly make it better. Did he steal money? I don't know and frankly neither do any of you. Without proof of the crime it is only speculation and heresay. Also Egypt's government was not a Democracy but it wasn't a Dictatorship either. The people had freedoms and the freedom to do most of what they wanted. Unlike countries such as Saudi Arabia they were not forced under a relgious doctrine nor were they threatened under threat of death for speaking out.

Libya - the Government of Libya was created in Muammar Ghaddafi killed King Idriss back in 1969. He has ruled that country with an Iron Fist for over 30years. The fact that his militia opened fire on protestors should not have been shocking to the people of the world. In fact it should have been expected. I certainly expected things to go violently and i am actually surprised.nothing worse has happened then it has.see

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org...

The point of this whole post is just to point out how things have changed. 10-15yrs ago we would be talking about this around a water cooler and whether you like it or not it wouldn't be impacting your lives as much as it is now. When the Genocide in Bosnia Herzogovinia was taking place Americans were nowhere near in as much of an uproar as they are now. There is civil war in several African countries for years and yet we do nothing and I bet half the people going on about the riots and protests aren't even aware of these except of course if you watched Black Hawk Down. Someone pointed this out to me today which I thought was a good point. How much do you really know about the conflicts other then what you read on the internet or heard on the tv news? How many of you know the history of the country or its leaders? Are you just rallying behind the people because you have the desire to do it yourself and since you lack the motivation it makes you feel better to rally behind others while you watch from a distance? These are the questions we should be asking ourselves.

I have seen many posts on how civil unrest is spreading like wildfire. Well the truth behind that goes once again back to the topic at hand. Social Networking. All these Arab nations are watching there brothers and sisters of different countries rise up against the powers that be, and they read about it on Facebook etc. They say hey now is the time we should stand up and fight too. This is the real driving force behind the unrest. Not some global conspiracy or NWO.

Another thing about all this that I have seen that boggles my mind and scares me at the same time. I have seen many people agreeing with how we should be doing something to help the protestors or step in and force the leaders out etc. There is a lot of fear on here about One World Governments and NWO, but how many of you have realized that you are basically creating the same thing by using these social networking tools? I mean think about it. We are moving ourselves into an entity that is constantly updated via twitter of what is happening on the other side of the planet and imposing our opinion on that incident. So maybe Facebook and Twitter are part of the plot to condition us into a Global Awareness. Wouldn't it be irony if the anti-christ was indeed the internet. Who knows one day the whole world may be run VIA computers and we will all be jacked in and imposing what we believe should occur globaly via twitter votes. Ok so yea that is a bit far fetched but companies like Google scare the hell of out me. I truly believe if there ever will be a Umbrella Corp it will be Google.

In fact Google is one of the ones that first made me truly scared of what the internet has become and social networking. I believe they have done away with it now, but I don't know how many people remember at one point about a year ago. Google introduced a new function where if you entered someone's phone number you could find out there name and address. Furthermore, you could then get directions to and from said address and you could even go down to street level where available and view the road and house itself. My thinking on this was what better tool for a predator ie. child molestor or rapist. All they would need is the phone number of there victim to find directions to and from said house. Then they could even use the Google viewer to look at the house itself and see possible points of entry etc. Most people had no idea there info was on this site as it was, so they had to go search themselves and then request it to be removed to get rid of it. I found this to be a very bad idea and not very well thought out at all, but it is one of the things that scares me about Google. They are constantly trying to come up with new ideas to improve things.

This was kind of a random post about Social Networking but they are all different examples of what it has become or is causing throughout the world. While reseearching abit for this I thought I would point out a interesting link that I found about Nibiru and the whole 2012 phenomenon. Since stuff never really gets deleted unless someone takes it down etc. I thought this was interesting. It's an article about Nibiru and it points the following.

It is important to note that Sitchin himself does not claim that Nibiru is Planet X or that Nibiru is returning this spring (May 2003)

www.michaelsheiser.com...

I thought it was interesting to show that original impact date of this planet was supposed to be 8 1/2 yrs ago, and it got moved up.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I haven't checked my Facebook account for about 3000 years. Just logged on, and I have 254,784,745 new messages. Hey, did you hear that Jesus died?

Seriously, though, social networking is good for friend to friend disposable talk, but as a relay system for important things like the News, it can be a little too open and problematic.

So long as what is being relayed is correct, it is good, but most of the time it turns out to be a big game of Chinese Whispers.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

I suppose i can't say to much about Social Networking I seem to suck at it lol. Everytime I post something on here I am lucky if 5 people notice it. I suppose you have to say something outrageous and insane to get anyones attention

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

I suppose i can't say to much about Social Networking I seem to suck at it lol. Everytime I post something on here I am lucky if 5 people notice it. I suppose you have to say something outrageous and insane to get anyones attention

Well, I'm only a member of two web-forums, and that's it. I do all my talking there, not to make friends, though.

I have a facebook account, but it's to keep track of anything my siblings and cousins are doing.

top topics

join