It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer ? ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
over in britain its meant to be the summer months, but how comes we are getting constant heavy downfalls of rain and wintry weather. dark massive clouds form over the sky every day.
is this a sign for the ice age ? or is something happening in our atmosphere
we all know british weather is never the best but this is something mysterious.

what do u think ?

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Its called "British Weather" thought ya might be used to it by now
It's got somethin to do with the Gulf Stream slowing down i think?! Hopefully in for a white winter

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
lol UK summer,

To be honest i think that latley we have been having late summers,
last year im sure it did not get really hot untill Augest time,

Heres an ATSN link that covers are UK weather..lol or lack of it,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Just found a link which kinda answers it all for us, Good Ole Michael Fish

Weather

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It has to do with the north Atlantic current weakening and without that England will be as cold as central Canada cuz they are in the some latitude as central Canada so the brits better get used to year round winter and temps below zero good luck

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stevie
over in britain its meant to be the summer months, but how comes we are getting constant heavy downfalls of rain and wintry weather. dark massive clouds form over the sky every day.
is this a sign for the ice age ? or is something happening in our atmosphere
we all know british weather is never the best but this is something mysterious.

what do u think ?

Dawg, I feel you. Here in chicago there are two seasons summer and winter. This year winter and spirng. The first spring in a long time. 72 today. This week has been the best. Started out 90 on monday and temps fell all week. But it was clear till friday.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey Spittin - I'm a Chi-town res too and I can testify! I just recently had a discussion with friends about the fact that this is the first year I ever remember actually having a spring! And I though it would never end - so used to going directly to summer. It does seem our weather is changing - forutnately here in Chicago it seems for the better.

However, Spittin - you seem to have forgotten, the only two seasons we typically experience in Chicago are Winter and Construction.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty

However, Spittin - you seem to have forgotten, the only two seasons we typically experience in Chicago are Winter and Construction.

Very funny...
Im on the northside you? There are like 15 to 20 of us on here. Some have came, gone, never heard from of again.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by badkitty

Very funny...
Im on the northside you? There are like 15 to 20 of us on here. Some have came, gone, never heard from of again.

Hey neighbor - I'm actually in the NW (not too far N) burbs - don't hold it against me. I know how you city folks can be about us suburbanites.
But I have lived in the near western burbs all of my life. Grew up in Maywood - you must know that area, not too pretty these days? But my best friend lives right by the Merch Mart and I'm down there all the time - are you near there or further north?

new topics

top topics

join