It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Former Canadian defence minister accuses American government of cover-up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't just believe, I KNOW, that extraterrestial starcraft are visiting our planet Earth. By just the luck of having seen such a craft; I instantly fathomed, that it was not of this Earth!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Hi Jim,

I think you are seeing a conspiracy when mere cock-up suffices as a simpler explanation. I think you are familiar with Occam's Razor...

Sure, there are quite a few hoax videos where the hoaxer has the motive that you suggest. However, there are also many videos on youtube of real (albeit explainable) lights/objects in the sky and generally I don't think the people posting them are seeking to obstruct independent checks.

How many of the people that posted the relevant videos do you think KNEW the specific time/date and context of the videos?

How many of the people that did know those details simply could not be BOTHERED to set them out?

By the way, skeptics can be as bad as believers when it comes to failing to post the source of a video or quote. Are they also trying to obstruct independent verification?

I think you are being a tad unfair with your recent allegations of deliberate attempts by believers to make it difficult to verify a video/quote.

All the best, Isaac

Well, get used to it then, because if you make excuses for it, you'll get more of it.

Some of the most prolific posters do know the dates they made their tapes, if not the exact hours -- but even when asked, do not provide such data. Strongly implies intent, IMHO, but maybe just defiance.

The results are the same -- misinformed and disinformed and misled viewers.

Like I said, if that's OK with you, get used to it.

How about the practice of ignoring -- or falsifying -- astronaut testimony? How many examples would it take to raise your hackles?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
I don't just believe, I KNOW, that extraterrestial starcraft are visiting our planet Earth. By just the luck of having seen such a craft; I instantly fathomed, that it was not of this Earth!!!

How do you "KNOW"?..............what process did you use to "instantly fathom" that this craft was not of this earth?

Come to think of it.......what exactly did you see?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Well, get used to it then, because if you make excuses for it, you'll get more of it.

Some of the most prolific posters do know the dates they made their tapes, if not the exact hours -- but even when asked, do not provide such data. Strongly implies intent, IMHO, but maybe just defiance.

"The results are the same -- misinformed and disinformed and misled viewers.

Like I said, if that's OK with you, get used to it.

How about the practice of ignoring -- or falsifying -- astronaut testimony? How many examples would it take to raise your hackles? "

I don't see the relevance to anything in either Isaac's or your post, other than equates disinfo, or throwing on doubt for all things posted. Everyone should try to sort out the wheat from the chaff if it is possible, for themselves. ATS is not somewhere you come for a quick fix, like a, (must have it now) carry out. To be sure there are people here "in the know" on some things, and often it's used in amusement, sad that.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Possibly the worst hoax of a UFO I've ever seen/read. Utterly embarrassed that so many here took the bait. At first I thought that triangle was post-processed to signify where the UFO was in regards to the incident. Then it slowly dawned on me that this was actually meant to be photographs of the incident? And the writing itself is a redflag. That is not a police report in any fashion
edit on 27-2-2011 by Shino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

What UFO?
What police report?
Am I missing something here?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Shino

What UFO?
What police report?
Am I missing something here?

Sorry posted on wrong thread

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Do we want to follow this on another thread, or is the consensus that the investigation results are inconvenient and should best be ignored? Pretending they don't exist is so much easier and more self-satisfying, I guess.

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by ls1cameric
..... There are videos out there that are undeniable evidence to anyone with a logical mind of something unearthly visiting us. one of my favorites is the ISS (I think) clip of a "UFO" that gets shot at over the earth. you see this orb cruising over earth and then a big flash on the ground and immediately, the "UFO" slingshots out of the way of what appears to be a beam of energy or missile that was clearly shot towards whatever that moving object way. I've NEVER seen anyone give a plausible explanation for that one...

Ric, you're right, the prosaic explanations for the STS-48 (not ISS) zig-zag particle beam video have not been widely seen, largely because promoters of one side of the debate want to hide contrary views from their target audience -- honest folks like you. Then you can carelessly assert that if YOU haven't been shown a particular argument, such arguments do not exist.

This is my argument for the 'ordinary' (if coincidental) origin of that video:

www.jamesoberg.com...

The problem with Hellyer's opinions is that they appear based entirely on Corso's book, not on anything he learned while in the defense ministry. The most silly of those claims -- which he loyally parrots -- is the current existence of a deployed and manned 'space shield' to combat UFOs. Since I've worked in the space program, I've been able to establish to my satisfaction that everything Corso claimed (and Hellyer believed) about space activities is utter nonsense, and that any serious amateur investigator could verify the nonsensicality of.it.

Try it yourself at home.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hi all

I'd like to see more about his sources, who is the unanamed USAF General he cites? There have also been doubts raised about his use of material from Col Corso's book "The Day After Roswell" e.g.

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

and

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Daily Mirror is a British tabloid......although I do believe in the existence of UFO's and Aliens from other planets....I personally don't think tabloids are known for telling the truth....I'm just saying.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
The Daily Mirror is a British tabloid......although I do believe in the existence of UFO's and Aliens from other planets....I personally don't think tabloids are known for telling the truth....I'm just saying.

there are other sources saying the same thing..not tabloids only..this guy who is highly credible said what he said..it actually doesn't matter if it is a tabliod or not

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why dont his family stop him making these fantastical claims, is he going mad in front of us and noone knows.

You dont have to be sceptical to request a little proof and the guys name rank and serial number do not preclude the need for physical evidence.

If I went and accused someone of murdering someone what would happen.

1. Establish a crime has taken place (missing person)
2. Find the physical evidence (body, weapon, crimescene, nothing)
3. Establish cause / reason
4. Find witnesses and suspects
5. Find alibies, build a case, request a charge
6. Goto court or drop case
7. Listen to all evidence and make a decision.

This guy cant even establish no.1 so before I even say I dont beleive him, I would like to beleive him or I do beleive him, without being a sceptic, non beleiver, troll or otherwise, my analytical process of establishing proof for my own conscience, well you need to tell me more than just words.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join