It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote Now: Is Humanity worthy of Life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I am here to learn and learn quickly, there is so little time left. Polite and respectful questions are how I learn. I will sometimes explain my thinking so others can correct me. To those who correct me and answer my questions, I am more grateful than you can know.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I only really disagree with the unjustified cruelty that occurs, basically materialism is to blame. What I would do, if I was an alien, would be to take all thier "toys" (technology) away from them, and force them to start from the beginning with sticks and stones, then form a barrier around the whole planet so no other aliens could interfere with them.

Anyway, humans are a genetic disaster, and the aliens themselves are basically just using us because we were designed by a race that had superior knowledge than the current aliens have. In other words? Take an animal, with the consciousness of an animal, and then give it a human body. Would it be intelligent? No, it would still be an animal. There might be some animals that want to "unlock the secrets" of their mind, or use technology to "upgrade" themselves, but the core issue is that, consciously speaking, and spiritually speaking, they are living in bodies that are millions if not billions of years in advance of what they should be inhabiting. For this reason, in terms of sprituality, we experience a wide range of feelings because our spirits do not properly fit within the energy systems of our bodies. Further to that, most of us do not even belong to our bodies, we are aliens, that is, during the early stages of pregnancy, most people are implanted with an alien spirit. Most of all the psychological conditions, neuroses, personality disorders etc are thier natural spirit trying to re-take control of thier bodies.

So basically - Aliens created super-advanced bodies, coded them so lower spirits incarnate into them, so when they transplant their alien spirits, their alien spirits will be able to control the consciousness of the body. However, some of us that reincarnate are a bit stronger that the rest, and we are the ones who become most of the "bad guys" because we are insane with the ridiculousness of what is happening here in spiritual terms. That is, the aliens have advanced technology that allows them to exist in higher planes, and they use us to "incarnate" when really they treat us as "containers" when in fact we are living creatures, and it is their souls that control us.

It is the big secret, the origin of the human condition, human guilt, human evil, everything.
edit on 25-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

I simply asked a hypothetical question... most of you gave the answer strait forward and did as the OP stated... while others decided to turn it into a code of ethics debate, spouting their own claims on what it is be human... Its quite humorous to me... that people cannot follow rules... how can we reach that point where greatness consumes us all if we are too caught up in our own egos and self righteousness...

Says the OP in a egotistical and self righteous outburst.

The rules,

Originally posted by EvolEric

I want your vote... Yes or No and a summary of why you feel that way... there is no right or wrong...

You asked people for an opinion, and a summary of why. And then you complain because some do not see it your way. The whole idea that humans are destined for "greatness" and all other life exists merely to serve us is egotistical and self righteous, and more likely than not, utterly and completely false.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone! Why try to pick one with me? Did I call anyone out by name?
Peace be with you..

ps... I don't believe I posted my personal vote... so I am not picking on anyone with alternative views than me...

edit on 25-2-2011 by EvolEric because: added a ps

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yes !

Humanity is worth . Even with all the bad things we cause there is a lot of beautiful stuff happening.

Of course it doesn't seem that way... Don't let the MSM mess with your heads !

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think the ignorant, who do evil are very much worthy of life. Of course, they deserve punishment to reorient their attitudes towards whats truly good.

But the serpants out there; those elites, aristocrats, and 'leaders' who make it their lifes mission to decieve and get all of us to eat of the forbidden fruit; arousing our passions and placing all sorts of stumbling blocks in front of us, these criminals who are dedicated to a world of good intermingled with evil; mainly good for them and evil for the rest of us, deserve nothing but death.

Let them take the pill and suffer for their sins against mankind.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
yes

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
well it used to be , back in the days of the supposed Garden of Eden..

but not anymore .

ill tell you why..

Greed, Wars, allowing Evil witches to secretly run the world as we know it ..

did i say greed yet?

mankind as a whole is too selfish and greedy .
granted you do have a small number of people who really care about the planet it self but thats only a tiny minority ..

anybody who is retardly slowily kills their own planet does not deserve to keep it .
so id say if the planet started really fighting back like she should she could wipe us out in about 10 or 20 years ... more power to her then . ...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No, we have proven to be the most pathetic, greedy, egoistic, cruel, stupid, and sometimes disgusting race that have ever surfaced the earth.

However, if I was an alien looking down upon us (and sometimes I feel I am), I'd just leave in disgust and let us destroy ourselves.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
With each passing day I wonder about this just a little bit more. With all that is going on in the world today I am sick and ashamed sometimes to be called human. If I had a way off this planet I would take it no questions asked and take my chances what ever they may be out there among the stars. The chances of that ever happening is not good at all but I can dream. In as little as 20 years I have seen the world turn to crap to the point that I do not recognize it any more. With each passing day we lose our humanity a bit more. To answer your question, as of now I am unsure but there will be a day coming that the answer will be a big 'NO'.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Sure we are "worthy" of life as a species. If worthy is even the issue. But lets say it is.

Like our fellow animals we are selfish, not so bright, and obsessive pleasure seekers. We arent doing anything most other creatures do not do, in their own way, to the degree they are able. So we are no different really from the other life forms we know.

Because of a few quirks of fate, we are simply able to be selfish, rather stupid pleasure seekers on a scale most other animals are not. And so we are making a rather large splash.

And when we die as a species, we are "worthy" of that too. Or if rather than die, we evolve, we will be worthy of that too.

YES!

We are worthy of precisely what we have.

If we cannot figure out how to avoid committing species-suicide, then we will be worthy of the death we get.

We don't need a committee to decide to pull the plug. Of course, if we let such a committee do such a thing, then we are also wort... well you get the point

In my opinion, the only way out is for enough people to come full-circle back to old-school spirituality and see the value of self-denial.

We're at a point in time when this is theoretically possible, as regular, accepted, "vanilla" mainstream science currently has those answers, but people don't want to look at them. In brief: We are animals, and animal instinct is to seek pleasure and avoid pain. That kept things running smoothly for most of geologic history, until we arrived on the scene. The problem with us is we were smart enough to abuse this instinctual system: we can all but eliminate pain from everyday life, and we can technologically distill just about any kind of pleasure imaginable (candy is an example of distillation of the pleasure of eating the simple carbohydrates found in a fruit). But what does the brain do when a habit is established? It adapts. In short, we are rendering ourselves hypersensitive to pain and insensitive to pleasure.

What does this mean for species survival? Well, for example, when your country is willing to go to war so people can avoid the inconvenience of modifying their lives based on a reduced supply of a flammable liquid, what "button" would be enough to make them go nuclear? (Don't like this example because of your political persuasion? Fine, but that misses the point. I can come up with many more. It's not about oil; it's about our collective psychology and the dangers it poses.)

The whole West is peopled largely by depressed, empty, terrified, paranoid complainers. This wretched mass has weapons that can destroy the world, and its discontent is growing every generation. In 50 years when the society is governed by avowed nihilists, what becomes of MAD?

Materialist scientists have discovered what ancient mystics who looked inside themselves have known all along. It just hasn't occurred to them yet. I guess they're too worried about tenure or the next grant. It's kind of funny: they've figured it out; now they have to figure out that they've figured it out.

Oh well. Amor fati. Things are gonna happen. Might as well love it.

edit on 27-2-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join