It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United We Stand with Our Arab Brothers and Sisters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Every one by now is fully aware of and has established opinions about the protests, uprisings, and revolutions occurring in the Middle East and North Africa. I understand that my request that this thread not erupt in to a political war will be ignored but I will make that request any way. This thread is not about debating the politics of the situation; this thread is about expressing support to the people of these countries for what they are doing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f488e48e3e4b.png[/atsimg]
[color=#800000]Revolution[color=#000000]Uprising[color=#FF0000]Governmental Changes[color=#FF6600]Major Protests[color=#FFD42A]Minor Protests[color=#346733]Other MENA States[color=#B9B9B9]Other States

The protests, uprisings, and revolutions across this region have claimed over 3,000 lives. A lot of these deaths have occurred in Libya, but there have been several reports of violent government crackdowns in countries such as Bahrain, Iran, and Yemen as well.

The people of these countries don't deserve this. They don't deserve to be massacred for pleading for freedom. They don't deserve to be slaughtered for desiring economic reform. They don't deserve to be murdered for having the courage to hold their governments accountable for their tyrannical actions. They deserve the same rights to life and liberty that people of all nationalities do.

We can't sacrifice human rights and civil liberties for the sake of national security and foreign policy. If we don't have human rights and civil liberties, we have nothing. Everyone deserves to have their human rights and civil liberties held to the highest standards. We need to support one another in situations when they are not.

Even if it is nothing more than moral support, I hope everyone who supports what these people are doing will post here pledging their support. It may not seem like much, and it may not seem like it could possibly change the outcome, but sometimes it is the small things that matter most.

Information Resources
2011 Middle East and North Africa protests
BBC News Mid-East and Arab Unrest
Libyan Opposition Website
Interactive Map Of Current Unrest

edit on 2/25/2011 by PETROLCOIN because: to add information resources.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Economic reform? There is a shortage of food. Notice the prices going up at the grocery stores? It's only a matter of time before the western world is hungry too. The shortage hit their world first. They have to work a whole day just to buy food. Sounds Biblical to me.

I do not think of Muslims as my brothers and sisters. They have no respect for individual freedom. What do they do to people who want to convert to a different religion? It is an automatic death penalty. What do they do to their daughters and wives who are raped? They do an "Honor" killing.

These people are not my brothers and sisters.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Thank you for ignoring my request like I knew someone would. I didn't think it would be the very first post though. So you got me there.

I'm not responding to the context of your post because it is off-topic.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Have another look within 12 months. By then they will be calling for jihad, Sharia law etc and calling everyone who has helped them Kaffirs and worse.

Its what they do!

They will not be our friends then.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

interesting...
do you ever thought that these protests might be staged by CIA or other WORLD LEADERS/ criminals?
I mean , didn't you fall for it a bit too quickly?

ANYWAY , just to be on-topic:

سوف يفوز الإسلام

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
do you ever thought that these protests might be staged by CIA or other WORLD LEADERS/ criminals?

Maybe it was. But that doesn't change the fact that the people there want freedom and I support them for that. That is what this thread is about. It's not about who may have started it or the politics behind it. It is as simple as the people wanting freedom and expressing support for their cause.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I hope and pray that when these People are screaming for "Freedom".

That it is real freedom. The way women are treated is really pathetic.

I hope these people can get control of their Countries.

I wish them well. I think we can only offer humanitarian help.

Our leaders have lost all credibility in the Region.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
The way women are treated is really pathetic.

It is. I hope that it can be changed once they retake their countries and establish more freedom.

I think we can only offer humanitarian help.

I'm not even sure how much humanitarian help we can offer. I don't think these governments would allow such a thing. Something we can do though is to send our representatives in our respective governments letters and emails demanding they put political pressure on the leadership of these countries. It couldn't hurt to try.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They have my support. Maybe their definition of freedom is not exactly as mine but IMO they have to start somewhere.

As for our own freedom, it isn't perfect. Even we have limits according to what is socially acceptable.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I support the rights of people to govern their countries.

Muslims are still human beings even though they do not like Christains they have the right to worship as they please.

It gives my heart good cheer to see the people revolt and win.

I hope the revolutionary spirit continues to spread to all oppressed people.

Long live the revolution.

V

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Those demonstrators in the streets show real bravery - - when you know you could hit in the head by a bullet from a deranged mad-man - that takes courage. My support to all of them.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So according to you my 2 or 5 choices are to agree with you . There are Imams on Arabic tv with an audience of 300 million per week and all they do is shout for the masses to kill someone , mostly Jews and Infidels and we're infidels . Do you think they'll stop lighting women on fire anytime soon and whipping them to death for being raped ? How about cutting the hands of starving children off who swiped a slice of bread ? How about forcing 9 , 10 and 11 year old girls into marriage to pay a family debt ? Check the World Health Organization to find that 3,000 young girls in the Muslim world are held down every day by the village idiots and without any pain killer are circumscized with a razor blade , the lid from a tuna can or a rusty knife and over 200 million women alive at this moment have had it done . How's that freedom of speech coming where folks get skinned and burned after being tortured for questioning mutilating young girls ? What about that combined CNN/BBC poll in Egypt where 80% want Sharia law and want everyone who doesn't believe in it killed ? Ask your buddies if they get some kind of sexual rush by slowly cutting someones head off . That's something about prison guards with mostly political prisoners in Islamic nations . It's against the law to commit adultry so they bring a holy man in to preform a temporary marriage and then it's just fine to gang rape a female prisoner . Temporary marriages are covered in the Koran , and it's fine . See , i have a few concerns before declaring them my brothers and feel any sense of community with them . When they quit doing that sh*t , maybe . On the other hand we all know that women drivers should be beaten to death and females were born to be owned and stoned . Jihad , jihad , jihad .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Why do you think they behave that way? Their society. Who manages their society? Their tyrannical governments.

You can't end that cycle until you put an end to the people in a position to keep it going.

With your logic, the people of North Korea deserve to live the rest of their lives oppressed and starving simply because they have been indoctrinated since birth to believing their leader is the son of God.

No one deserves to have their rights trampled. Period.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The funny thing is these country's have been perishing for decades...why suddenly protest now when they should of done it long ago? Well it's all because 'they' want them to do this. It's all for the great middle-eastern project they have. Remember what Gaddafi's son was saying? Well he was telling the truth and he is doing the right decision of not leaving the county to the plot of others.They plan to bring country's ruled solely by Islam rule like how they were ruled like only a century ago.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Maybe these people have no idea of what "Freedom" is.

It seems like now would be the time to at least give them a choice.

Sharia law may be the only other type of rule they understand. Let's give "Freedom" a chance.

reply to post by foreshadower99

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
the arabs, mainly the iraqis have been stripped from their honor and dignity by cruel, greedy, incompetent leaders. for years they have paid the price of being looked down at, having their children starved to death, shot, blown up. this ends soon. glory for the arab brothers and sisters, glory for the people of the free world

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Maybe these people have no idea of what "Freedom" is.

It seems like now would be the time to at least give them a choice.

Sharia law may be the only other type of rule they understand. Let's give "Freedom" a chance.

maybe some dont, but most do. when the brotherhood of islam came with their banners to tahrir street in eygpt, the youth rejected them to erect their flags, they said it was not an islamic revolution, they also went as far as shaving their beards.

in eygpt english is the 2nd most used language, and the young people know how to speak it. look at the creative slogans and banners that where used. those people know freedom and democracy more than the average american sheeple

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Arab people have fought tirelessly for their freedom and continue to do so in the face of violent regimes willing to massacre them and flood the streets with their blood.

All the while we in the West sit back and watch, some with glee while others with a sense of hesitation, many consider these protests were either organized by an external and sinister force and/or afterwords shall result in the establishment of a new regime unfriendly to Western nations.

I think once this is all said and done, the dust settles and the people are secure, we will see many nation states like Turkey. Not all mind you, but most.

My support is strongly behind each and every freedom fighter who is willing to defy authority, rise up against tyranny, and stand strong in the face of adversity. They, regardless of anything else, have won my respect and my admiration.

Solidarity with the Arabs!
edit on 2/25/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
Economic reform? There is a shortage of food. Notice the prices going up at the grocery stores? It's only a matter of time before the western world is hungry too. The shortage hit their world first. They have to work a whole day just to buy food. Sounds Biblical to me.

I do not think of Muslims as my brothers and sisters. They have no respect for individual freedom. What do they do to people who want to convert to a different religion? It is an automatic death penalty. What do they do to their daughters and wives who are raped? They do an "Honor" killing.

These people are not my brothers and sisters.

Ever stop to think this is what they are trying to get rid of ? It is the LEADERS who created these laws and keep it going,, boot them out...and while they are getting things rolling, let us make things better here as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
reply to post by hardamber

Thank you for ignoring my request like I knew someone would. I didn't think it would be the very first post though. So you got me there.

I'm not responding to the context of your post because it is off-topic.

ontopic:
Support whoever you like...There will soon be a unified muslim caliphate under collective sharia law; after they stone a or mutilate a few hundred women for speaking up you'll be asking for western intervention and standing tall supporting downtrodden mutilated woman.
"Leaders"???/ Its their freakin' culture and religion which if you disagree with they have plenty of preconceived solutions...most of which require rusty pieces of steel to implement.
edit on 25-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join