It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Greetings,

I have always been interested in strange events and mysteries. My earliest memories are of Bigfoot ,"Nessie"and the Bermuda triangle. I also loved the Television show "The Twilight Zone" and the movie "Close encounters of the 3rd kind" as a kid. These types of stories, television programs and movies fueled my imagination. Now as we enter 2011 and beyond the amount of information available is remarkable, yet I do still feel that somehow TPTB manage to obfuscate what they want when they want. Even now in the information age so many mysteries remain unsolved and stories under reported.
I came across this website a couple years ago and found that most of the contributors seemed open minded and steadfast when it came to critical thinking. I am not 100% sure I believe everyones credentials, yet some are clearly well educated and do all readers a great service with the knowledge they have to share. Reading some of these posts really gives you an appreciation for the time and effort put into the research. Others leave me scratching my head, and even though the lame and schill posts mostly generate few to no stars/flags they still, in my humble opinion, generate too many responses. I mean just ignore schill posts, that is what I always think when I see a stupid post with 100+ replies and 0 stars/flags.
I cannot really say I have a favorite topic because I enjoy all of them, however most can agree that 9/11 has awoken the critical thinker in all of us. I have found this topic to be the most interesting of all. So many angles to look at and the emotion it invokes is second to none.
I also wanted to touch on something that I feel has slipped by most of us. Everytime someone questions the 9/11 events they are called conspiracy theorists and whackjobs by main stream America. Well I have not seen it posted before, it may have been, but has anyone stopped to think that the 9/11 commision report is the conspiracy theory and those who question the events stated in said report are simply debunking the official story or better said the official conspiracy theory?
I have watched Loose Change and other documentary style 9/11 reports, however, in my humble opinion, the Loose change video and others have helped the negative labels associated with critical thinking as it is related to 9/11. The best way to address the questions and inconsistent data regarding the many events surrounding 9/11 would have been to label the 9/11 commision report as a conspiracy theory(which it is)and debunk what is debunkable step by step using said report as a guide. Instead we have hologram theories and flight path anomolies among others paving the way for blow hards in the main stream media to ridicule the critical analysis of the events leading up to 9/11 and on that day itself.
Well I do not have any special theory to provide, yet it is obvious that the Israeli government and the Mossad had fore warning of the event(dancing israelis) along with our government. Lastly I would like to say that one of the Bush cabinet members stated that she saw a report that outlined an Iraqi invasion eleven months prior. I just wanted to add these two short articles from CNN and Time. archives.cnn.com...
www.time.com...
They really support the re-denomination theory,as well as,confirming that there has been a currency war going on for quite some time.
Thanks for reading my introduction. I look forward to contributing someday and can't wait to jump in on some great threads.

Best regards

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Welcome to ats bud.
Hope you enjoy yer stay

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Welcome to the community, you will be sure to find a lot here to interest you.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fringeofthefringe

Thanks for the kind words.
I am really looking forward to jumping in on some threads.
I have not read all the rules/procedures regarding adding comments to other threads but I hope I get a chance soon. Some more welcomes wouldn't hurt.
I just spent some time reading a 2012 thread and [DaVinci] gave a very reasonable/level headed analysis and someone else was just being a nag, not really contributing anything. This type of banter is sometimes entertaining. I would star and flag [DaVinci] if I could.

edit on 26-2-2011 by fringeofthefringe because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Hello fringeofthefringe, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Off Topic, One Liners, and Backscratching Posts.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
ATS member and Moderator.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Hey there and welcome to ATS ...enjoy the time you spend here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards

Woody

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Thanks Hefficide!!
I will read the links you provided, as opposed to jumping right in.
Take care, I'd star and flag you but I have not read the links yet and probably have no stars of flags to offer so please take my gratitude.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Welcome,
i see we have simillar opinnion about this great site.

I sure will enjoy my stay here, i hope you will too

top topics

join