It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light in the sky dropping debris

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I searched for this vid but couldn't find it.

I don't know if this is fake or has a mundane rational answer. But it shows a bright light source stationary in the sky, dropping (dripping) a substance.

Are there any know flares or similar that an produce the same effect?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very unusual. Some kind of balloon/blimp dropping sparks?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow! Star and Flag OP!!
Can't wait for the debunkers to tackle this one! it's got everything..zooms, the bird flying in front of the object..its broad daylight...just wow.
As for speculation, i have no clue..sure is bright though!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There's similar videos out there, some at night as well...looks pretty cool. I'll see if I can find any, also a bit similar to the Utah videos from a couple of weeks ago. I'd love to know if there's some new type of flair or chinese lantern that does this.

Actually, not going to post them and detract from the thread

edit on 25-2-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What's interesting is that it doesn't seem to move very much at all. It could probably be re-created using a mylar balloon with a magnesium sparkler stick(s) tied to the string.
Also why did the video end abruptly, as usual, while the object was still active?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BaitingThePublic

do birds still exist?

It's a alien "probe" with its arse on fire...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
From the youtube poster

Bright light in the sky. Possibly military (near the base here). Looks like it was breaking up but it never got any smaller.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Oh. That's clearly.. Uh, err... Well...Hmm..

Oh I know, let's analyze the audio!

(S+F great video, whatever it may "turn into" it is currently very mysterious.)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
What's interesting is that it doesn't seem to move very much at all.

Doesn't seem to move. Of course, it could be moving towards, or away from the camera, on a horizontal plane.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Interesting video, I'm intrigued. It doesn't appear to be fake, does it?
And the only thing it reminds me of are other, more or less similar videos (ie. the yellow Mexican thing).
Would love to see how the discussion will evolve around this... appearance.

It seems to drip a lot of 'mass' compared to its size.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's the thing that always gets me wondering too, the object is still active and they stop the film. I would have liked to have known how long the object was there for and what the final disposition of it was. Did the cameraman just get bored and walk away?

It could be a tethered balloon with a sparkler of some sort, for it to be that, the air must have been awful still that day, it didn't appear to hardly move at all.

Good find OP!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'll throw my two cents in, if it is not an experimental aircraft or alien space ship it could be a metallic colored kite with a long tail, on which one side of the tail is painted in the same metallic color as the body, the other is painted a darker color so that, as it flaps in the breeze and spins, it alternates between shiny and dark and gives the look of debris falling.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
More like hot magma dripping from a space ship than a kite in the wind.

IMVHO

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The "material" falls to earth in an almost perfect stright line down, which would suggest no wind at all, but the tops of the trees are moving with a breeze.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Bizarre. Really cool video nevertheless. I'm glad the title of this thread wasn't so sensationalized. I would expect a title more like "PLASMOID LIFE FORM DROPPING LUMINOUS DEUCES - MOTHER SHIP TAKING A CRAP?"

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

How can you tell? It could be moving on the "horizontal plane" you mentioned earlier

Maybe whatever its dropping has some decent weight to it?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Its a weather balloon and nothing is dropping from it, that is a string. The reason it looks to be holding position is because its drifting further away, giving it that illusion

edit on 2/25/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaitingThePublic
Wow! Star and Flag OP!!
Can't wait for the debunkers to tackle this one! it's got everything..zooms, the bird flying in front of the object..its broad daylight...just wow.
As for speculation, i have no clue..sure is bright though!

Zooms? I spent the whole video screaming in my mind to zoom in! He didn't zoom in once...

By the sounds of it he didn't know how to use the camera at the start.

It doesn't look fake, it looks to be real. I really do wonder what it is? Looks like some sort of stationary magnesium flare... It being stationary is the real kicker though

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I don't think so, if it's a weather balloon why is it stationary? Sorry I've never seen a string make an illusion of dripping debris.

By the way, what is the alien in your avatar from??? A movie I watched as a kid and seeing that has brought back a flood of memories

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

As a longtime lurker here at ATS I only recently decided to register so that I could chime in once in a while.
Well, after seeing this video and having viewed a few other ones like it in the last months, I thought you might all find this video interesting.

I really wouldn't know how to distinguish a well done fake with genuine footage but I wanted to share a link to a similar video I came across.

If this footage is authentic...wow, just wow! What could be dropping to the ground I wonder?

I look forward to reading other ATS'ers opinions, whether to debunk or not.

Cheers from Canada,
D
edit on 25-2-2011 by Drako76 because: Typing too fast, fixing mistakes ;-)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join