It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Monsanto is big. You can’t win. We will get you. You will pay"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"As interviews and reams of court documents reveal, Monsanto relies on a shadowy army of private investigators and agents in the American heartland to strike fear into farm country. They fan out into fields and farm towns, where they secretly videotape and photograph farmers, store owners, and co-ops; infiltrate community meetings; and gather information from informants about farming activities. Farmers say that some Monsanto agents pretend to be surveyors. Others confront farmers on their land and try to pressure them to sign papers giving Monsanto access to their private records. Farmers call them the 'seed police' and use words such as 'Gestapo' and 'Mafia' to describe their tactics"

From Vanity Fair article: Monsanto's Harvest of Fear

Are you afraid of Monsanto? Want to stop this monster Monsanto? Isn't it about time that we told Monsanto:

Above Top Secret is big. You can't win. We will get you. You will pay.

How do we stop Monsanto? We do what we do with all pests...we step on the bug. We extinguish their existence. How?

Monsanto is a corporation chartered in Delaware

The Attorney General of the State of Delaware is the one who has the authority to revoke Monsanto's charter.

The Attorney General for the State of Delaware is Beau Biden

Yes, that Biden. Beau Biden is the eldest son of Joseph Biden.

The office of Attorney General for the State of Delaware is an elective office

Beau Biden was elected for a second term of office on November 2nd, 2010. His only opponent was Doug Campbell of the Independent Party of Delaware. Campbell's political positions are unknown. Campbell polled at 21% of the vote but this probably has more to do with the fact that no major party candidate ran against Biden.

As of 2007 there are only 2,006 farms owned by sole proprietors by individuals or families, down 170 farms from 1997. Family held corporate farms are up 4 from 1997 to 244 in 2007. Partnerships in farming, as of 2007 are 210 farms. There are 38 non family corporate farms. Do not let the family farm versus the corporate farms fool you.

Cher yl Ockles was appointed by Obama to the Delaware Farm Service Agency State Committee. She owns a family farm, but also owns a Monsanto seed sale business as well. Cheryl Ockles is most likely not interested in helping us bring down Monsanto.

The Delaware Farm Bureau, on the other hand, may be an organization worth contacting in the fight to have an Attorney General elected to the State of Delaware with the balls to revoke Monsanto's charter.

You do not have to be from the State of Delaware in order to play. All you have to do is have the temerity to know that the State of Delaware is the State where most Fortune 500 companies are incorporated in because this state facilitates incorporation like no other state. Because Delaware does this, they have a responsibility to the rest of the world and need to be held accountable for the monsters they create...namely Monsanto.

We as individuals can do what corporations do without incorporating ourselves. We need no file for any status what-so-ever, and all we need to do is act as individuals with the same purpose, targets and goals. Taking down Monsanto is a non-partisan action. Either you understand the very real problem with Monsanto, or you don't. The question is, if you do understand, will you use your own power to help destroy this monster, or will you shrug your shoulders and decide that...

Monsanto is big. You can't win. They will get you. You will pay.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
George Carlin pretty much sums it all up right here... (rated R for foul language)...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A coalition of people go down to Ohio or where ever and protect the farmers from these retards. They can be the Farmer Protectors Brigade aka The Heirloom Seed Templar's
edit on 25-2-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It may well be that Above Top Secret is getting bigger, but that may mean it is getting more apathetic as well. Of course, the biggest problem with actually doing something to bring Monsanto down is that if it succeeded, then what would everyone have to bitch about then?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
David beat Goliath, right? And while Monsanto is a Goliath and is in the pockets of our ignorant legislators and also in our mouths and in the very air we breath, if people got together, we could win against them and their practices. We don't need them. We just have to focus and identify exactly what they've done and then set about bankrupting them. Hell, reversing the damage they've caused could almost single-handedly even spawn whole new industries.

I'm not sure people are necessarily apathetic, although that does seem to sometimes be the case. Most of the time inaction is due to ignorance about the subject. Or, in a case that seems as hopeless as this one is, many times people just feel helpless and don't know what to do or where to start.

edit on 2/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: i will never make a post without a typo.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
s&f. I love the info you provided, and I will be contacting these jerks to see what can be done. I swear we need to get together and take these jerks down! whether its a March on monsanto's headquarters, the Attornery general's office in Delaware, or like the one poster said we could be the heirloom seed templars.

someone on a thread the other day had a video they shared from youtube talking about the farmers, and how monsanto puts ALL liability on the farmers. not sure how to embed properly yet (sorry still new)
here is a link monsanto liability

I am very passionate about this subject, and feel almost discouraged in the fight against them. but when I know there are other people out there who feel the same way I do, it gives me hope.

I will be contacting these people and will keep everyone posted!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm all for bringing down Monsanto.

Who needs a company that may one day make plants that eat us?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7f159c07101.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thank you for responding Lucidity. We can place the pressure on Beau Biden today to revoke Monsanto's charter of incorporation. Failing that, the courts can be used to attempt the same:

In determining whether a corporation has abused its charter privileges, the court will look for a sustained course of fraud, immorality, or violations of statutory law.

We could, as individuals place immense pressure on Biden to revoke Monsanto's charter, while looking into filing a suit to have the courts revoke the charter, and also exploring the possibilities for the best possible candidate for Attorney General in Delaware in 2015.

There are also other avenues as well. In terms of apathy, I just don't know. I know this, back in June I authored a thread called Killing Korporations that didn't get much attention either. It is interesting to note that one member actually went into that thread, not to defend corporations per se, but to defend the jobs he believed were better than working for a mom and pop employer. Other than that, the only good that thread does these days is when somebody accuses me of being a corporate shill because I am a staunch free market advocate. When that happens I will direct them to that thread and it shuts them up. Of course, it doesn't inspire them to join any revolution where actually do something to stop corporatism, but at least they stop calling me a corporate shill. I guess I should take the win and be happy with that, but me, I expect so much more from all of us.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

Thank you for your passion, Lady. Please do keep us posted.

reply to post by FortAnthem

Mandrake bites dog? The Frankenfood Monsanto...err, the Frankenfood Monster...let's take this monstrosity down and spank it soundly.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Remember this?

The Corporation, a documentary from 2003, that features Jane Akre, the former Florida journalist who filed a whistleblower lawsuit against Fox Broadcasting Company for attempting to silence her story about Monsanto's use of rBGH? This is part 1 of 23. It won't embed, so here's the link.

A lot of people may have missed this documentary because it came out when we were all so worried about so many other things, as we still are today, and as we will probably always be. "Terrorists" yesterday, the economy now, aliens tomorrow. It's always something.

Something has to stir people from their apathy. Unfortunately, the younger generations don't really remember what a real peach tasted like, and the older generations are just tired. Yet the corporations never sleep, never weary, never stop. And even in areas where they're not molding our culture and consciousness, they're still opportunistic.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
wanted to let everyone know I have emailed the mr beau biden. haha I doubt he is even the one that reads the emails, but yeh, he is my letter for you to enjoy, and If get a response I will post that as well. i feel looking at it now, my letter is too nice. but oh well here goes :

Dear Attornery General Biden,
After doing some research, It has come to my attention that a lot of companies get their charters in your state. I am not actually a citizen of your fine state, but of a neighboring state, that would be PA. One of the companies I would like to ask you about, and what could be done to revoke this companies charter? That company is Monsanto. as a concerned citizen of the United States of America why has this company's charter not been revoked? They continue to hurt farmers, hurt the environment, and everyone's health.
If I made a product that hurt the earth would my charter be revoked? If I made a product that caused harm to people would my charter be revoked? If I threatened people into giving me their records would my charter be revoked?
I think it says a lot about a company who also includes a waiver such as monsanto's as to put all liability on the farmer. They know that the products they make and sell to farmers are going to cause harm. Lawsuits have happened because of this.

I am guessing you are aware of this Monsanto problem. as mine cannot be the first letter. I also assure you it will not be the last, as other people feel the same as I do. We demand an investigation into this company. For the harmful products they create, for the wrong doing to farmers, and for destroying our country, not to mention the world with their practices. This company lacks any integrity and compassion for any of mankind.

Your mission statement (as taken off your website) is as follows:

"The mission of the Office of the Attorney General is to protect Delawareans from harm by enforcing the law and being your advocate. We're here to help you, and also to give you the information you need to help yourself and your family"
If you truly believe in that statement, and the office you hold. I ask you to do the right thing and protect the people. I would like to thank you for your time on this issue. Have a wonderful day.

I know there is a group called Millions Against Monsanto perhaps we could join up with them, and truly start something big!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thanks for that link to Millions against Monsanto ! I hate them with every fiber of my being and would LOVE to see them fall like the Berlin wall. Hell I would almost give a limb for it .
DEATH to Monsanto. PEACE to all of you.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

these corporations are indeed huge and i suspect they will have an internal policy of outsourcing problems to third parties with appropriate solutions. sudden and sustained protests as we are witnessing in north africa/middle east i feel came through the people having no other choice. it may well be too premature to initiate a successful movement against such entities whilst there is still a choice in the developed huts of the global village
f

edit on 25-2-2011 by fakedirt because: proof read

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

i hate them so much too! I couldn't agree with what you said more! I am going to be reading up on this and see what I can do locally around me to bring attention to the cause!

I know if we all just keep fighting this we can win. We just have to keep on spreading the word!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thanks again, Lady. Here is a copy of the e-mail I sent:

Dear Mr. Attorney General;

I am writing in regards to the corporation known as Monsanto. For
several years now I have read about the immoral actions of this
company. As I understand it, Monsanto is chartered for incorporation
in the Great State of Delaware, as are most Fortune 500 companies. I
am not from the State of Delaware, and I understand your first
priority is to the people of Delaware. However, being the Attorney
General to the State that facilitates incorporation like no other
state, I humbly suggest that you also have a profound responsibility
to the world.

Monsanto has destroyed many a small farmers life over dubious patent
infringement claims. Perhaps you are not aware - although given your
lineage and career trajectory I suspect you know at least to some
degree - that Mexico has placed a moratorium on Monsanto's genetically
modified foods since 2005. Mexico is a neighbor of the United States,
which is why I mentioned them first. Here is a list of other
countries that have banned Monsanto's GM foods:

Austria: Ban on cultivation of Monsanto’s maize MON 810, MON 863 and T25
Notified in June 1999, initially under Article 16 of Directive
90/220/EEC, and subsequently maintained in February 2004 under Article
23 of Directive 2001/18/EC;

France: Ban on cultivation of Monsanto’s maize MON 810.
Notified in February 2008, under Article 23 of Directive 2001/18/EC;
and under EU Regulation 1829/2003

Germany: in April 2009 the agriculture Minister, Ms. Aigner, announced
a ban on cultivation and sale of MON 810

Greece: Ban on cultivation of Monsanto’s maize MON 810.
Application lodged in April 2005 under Article 18 of Directive
2002/53/EC, and subsequently in January 2006 extended/maintained the
measure under Article 23 of Directive 2001/18/EC;

Hungary: Ban on cultivation of Monsanto’s maize MON 810.
Notified in September 2006, under Article 23 of Directive 2001/18/EC;
Ban on cultivation and commercial use of potato Amflora

Italy: General ban on the cultivation of all genetically engineered (GE) crops.
Notified by ministerial circular in March 2006. This ban will stay in
place until the Italian regions have regulated the “coexistence”
between GE, conventional and organic crops.

Luxembourg : Ban on cultivation of Monsanto’s maize MON 810.
Notified in March 2009, under Directive 2001/18/EC

Poland: Ban on cultivation of Monsanto’s maize MON 810.
Application lodged in March 2005 under Article 16 of Directive
2002/53/EC ( The EU’s Seeds Directive). The ban under the Seeds
Directive affects 16 out of 31 MON 810 varieties. However, in May 2006
the Polish government complemented the ban with a general prohibition
–based on national law- to sell any GE seeds in Poland.

Romania: Ban on cultivation of MON 810 maize announced by Environment
minister Korodi on 27 March 2008.
The Romanian government has indicated that it intends to install the
ban on the same legal grounds as France: under Article 23 of
Directive 2001/18/EC; and under EU Regulation 1829/2003. Enactment of
the ban is expected in April 2008.

Switzerland: In 2005, the Swiss voted by referdendum a 5-year
moratorium against the commercial cultivation of GM crops and animals.
The Suiss government decided to extend this moratorium till 2013.

Year after year, country after country is taking action and doing what
is necessary to protect their people from the corporation Monsanto, of
whose existence is one of privilege granted by the people of Delaware.
This places a great deal of responsibility on the people of Delaware
for the actions of the fraudulent and immoral corporation known as
Monsanto. I realize that Monsanto has a right to due process of law,
but let's be clear here, that due process of law includes a proper
investigation of Monsanto's practices. I can think of no one better
positioned, with the most authority to handle Monsanto's alleged fraud
and immorality than you.

I respectfully request that you take the necessary steps to begin
investigating this corporation, and if they are found to be guilty, I
respectfully request you revoke this corporations charter, not just
for the sake of the people of the Great State of Delaware, but for the
sake of us all.

Keep fighting the good fight, and hopefully more will join us in that fight.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Jean Paul
while I do admire and agree with your passion.
I think your attack on Monsanto will be
fruitless. I think you are going about it
in the wrong way.

The Monsanto tick that is sucking us dry
cannot be uprooted by revoking a charter.
They will just petition another state or change
their name like Blackwater did to Xe.

It is the system itself that perpetuates Monsanto's
existence. The only way to take down Monsanto
is to take down the system which harbors and facilitates
it. That will require a Revolution instead of a letter
to Beau Biden. Allocate your resources for
that type approach and you may succeed.
Otherwise, you are spinning your wheels.

Plus, a Revolution would solve a lot more
problems other than just Monsanto.
So, a multiple gifts in one box scenario.

Please note: I am not inciting violence.
Just giving an assessment based upon
a given set of parameters.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yet the corporations never sleep, never weary, never stop. And even in areas where they're not molding our culture and consciousness, they're still opportunistic.

I do remember the movie The Corporation and thought it was a stroke of genius to analyze corporate behavior in terms of psychosis.

It's not bad enough they're psychotic, or sociopathic, they, as you aptly put it, never sleep, never weary, never stop, like some real life Micheal Meyers.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

That is a wonderful letter. well laid out and full of facts. our letters are a start. I am so glad we are paving the way. We must do more and dig deeper into this mess, and help the world out!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Do you have any idea how many times, and for how long our Founders petitioned King George before revolution broke out? The Revolution for Independence of 1776 was not borne of spontaneous combustion, it was a slow and steady boil. It was an organic movement then, and I can think of no better strategy, in light of Monsanto's genetically modified model, than an organic movement today. Revolution will break out when revolution breaks out, but I suspect it will not break out if the necessary steps to lay the foundation for it are not taken. This is just one step in that foundation, and it is a foundation for a velvet revolution.

It will not take up too much of your time to write a simple letter to Beau Biden. It is one small effort, and of course, much more needs to be done, but what will it cost you to write one simple e-mail requesting revocation of charter.

Let Monsanto change their name. If they do this only means we succeeded here. If we succeeded here, we will succeed again, and again, and again, like all champions do.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
With your permission, I'd like to copy your 'email' post and send it also.

But I am going to say that as long as Monsanto has money/power...it will be a struggle.
Well, as long as they keep lining the collective pockets of the local/federal gov't, that is.

Monsanto is huge.
They have their tentacles in every sterile seed-bearing vegetable and fruit around the nation.
There is a write-up about how farmers are forced to buy their seeds...I'll have to search for it.

For your thread.

For Monsanto.

edit on 25-2-2011 by havok because: added a word...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join