It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon madness, fact or fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
werewolves anyone?

Ok, seriously the full moon has for a long time been associated with strange behaviour of human beings. A good friend of mine told me once about a family friend who literally went crazy and ran around in the garden every full moon.

Take a look at the derivative of words commonly associated with madness, Lunatik!, lunacy etc, all derived from Luna which means moon in Latin.

Why is this?

The moon has a huge effect on our tides and water. The human body is made up of a high percentage of water.
Is this the cause?

Check out this link.

serendip.brynmawr.edu...

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who themselves or someone they know, experiences changes in behaviour during full moons.

I do find it strange that there has been a lot of talk recently on this forum about unusual moon activity, then all of a sudden people across the world are rebelling. Is there a connection?

Is there also a connection between the recent Chinese discoveries on the Lunar surface which involved strange birds.

Birds that subsequently began dieing by the thousands across the world.

Something keeps linking back to the moon here with all this.

Anyone else get that feeling that there is something going on with the moon that is being kept from us, and maybe having a huge effect upon the earth and its inhabitants?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
An open minded researcher would enjoy David Icke's presentation & perspectives about the Moon's influence on all of us. While science is still bouncing out brand new theories almost daily, and tripping over their old facts, it's nice to hear out-of-the-box thinking.

I happen to like David Icke, I think he's a nice fellow, and his heart is in the right place.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
According to scientific studies, it is fiction.

Anecdotally, it is fact.
Ask any cop, doctor, nurse (or orderly at a mental health unit) and they will state without a doubt that the full moon brings out the whackos.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It makes no sense to me. When I see the full moon, I have a sense of calm, but I know that's just because of the way it looks, not any spooky power. It's beautiful.

I know there's lots of anecdotal evidence, but it makes no sense, other that as an excuse for bad behaviour. People claim moon madness during a full moon, even though the moon is always there, always the same size, it's just shadowed in various stages, making it "appear" less full, down to the tiny sliver.

There are also many people that will use any excuse as a cry for attention.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The moon is indeed beautiful, and other things of beauty seem to be even more so in the moonlight.

I found this interesting link:-
www.faithfreedom.org...

Its one of a few articles on the net that basically links Allah with moon worship, saying that Allah predates islam as a pagan moon god.

Kind of strange really considering what is happening in the middle east at the moment.
Are islamic states in the grip of moon madness?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I get crazy during a full moon because it's too bright outside to loot my neighbor's back ally.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
An old friends neighbour used to complain because their cows would moo incessantly all through a full-moon night.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i would dread the full moon in the bar that i owned. Always strange people, and always strange events. From fights, to people crying, to you name it....very stressful

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Like most people, I believed in the lunar effect (or the 'Transylvania effect', as it's sometimes called
) until about ten minutes ago. Then I read this thread, got curious, and did a little google. Apparently scientific studies have been done, and generally show no correlation between deviant human behaviour and the phase of the moon.

I thought these two articles were pretty comprehensive, especially the first (though it's aimed at kids):

Moonstruck! Does The Full Moon Influence Behavior?

Full Moon and Lunar Effects

top topics

join