It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gov. Software Creates 'Fake People' on Social Networks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by MR BOB
its a propaganda tool . quite clear really.

should be illegal for them to do this, it's what dictators do.

next stop blocking sites that condemm the goverement

Synopsis:

Software will allow 10 personas per user, replete with background , history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographacilly consistent. Individual applications will enable an operator to exercise a number of different online persons from the same workstation and without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries. Personas must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world and can interact through conventional online services and social media platforms. The service includes a user friendly application environment to maximize the user's situational awareness by displaying real-time local information.

0002- Secure Virtual Private Network (VPN). 1 each
VPN provides the ability for users to daily and automatically obtain randomly selected
IP addresses through which they can access the internet. The daily rotation of
the user s IP address prevents compromise during observation of likely or
targeted web sites or services, while hiding the existence of the operation. In
addition, may provide traffic mixing, blending the user s traffic with traffic from
multitudes of users from outside the organization. This traffic blending provides
excellent cover and powerful deniability. Anonymizer Enterprise Chameleon or equal

0003- Static IP Address Management. 50 each
Licence protects the identity of government agencies and enterprise
organizations. Enables organizations to manage their persistent online personas
by assigning static IP addresses to each persona. Individuals can perform
static impersonations, which allow them to look like the same person over time.
Also allows organizations that frequent same site/service often to easily switch IP
addresses to look like ordinary users as opposed to one organization. Anonymizer IP Mapper License or equal
www.fbo.gov...

amazing

One of the scariest things I can imagine. Consider that as we communicate with each other here on ATS we could be PMing a software company that's dredging information. This sounds so sophisticated that it would be nearly impossible to tell. There would likely be credible histories and cross-references such as Facebook pages and such. Not that anyone here is subversive but we do have rights to privacy and to gather with whom we chose. It makes one ask "What hath God wrought?"

When I typed that became curious and looked up the history of that phrase. This is what I found.

From Wiki:

What hath God wrought is a phrase from the Book of Numbers (Numbers 23:23).

and

"What hath God wrought", a message in American Morse code sent by Samuel F. B. Morse to officially open the Baltimore-Washington telegraph line on May 24, 1844.

One can imagine the wonder at the innovation of the telegraph. Here we are 170 years later and I wonder at how the latest telegraph is being used to attack our freedoms.

Excellent and scary find Stormy!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I wonder if this is true. A few months back I was chatting with this girl from yahoo my gf and I wanted to befriend her because we wanted more female friends. Anyways I gave her my number several times but she never called. She started asking all kinds of personal information which I never answered.
Then she made up this whole story that not only got me in trouble with my gf but got me almost evicted. The whole situation became so uncomfortable that I volunteered to move. Things were getting really out of hand to the point when my gf came over I would get in trouble. I was essentially under house arrest. For what I am not sure exactly to this day.
This lady told me she knew the manager of my apartment. She confirmed this with showing me her facebook and it was true. I asked this lady to meet me at the clubhouse because I was sick of all the BS. My gf and I went to the office the only person who was the manager.
Finally after being harassed by half the staff at the apartments I call the place she supposdely worked and dept asking for this lady from yahoo. It turns out no one by that name ever worked there. This person vanished from my life after creating havoc. To this day I have no idea why she did all that and what the point was. I kept telling mf gf something did not feel right.
My theory was that maybe the manager pretended to be this girl to get us kicked out so her friend could move in. Only one day after I moved out the managers 'friend" moved in. The weird thing was when I told the manager about the lady she truly looked as if she had no idea who I was talking about.
Now my family works in law enforcement so when I called one of the local police to see if he could find out who this lady was he siad due to the nature of this he could not. In the conversations I had with her they were normal but then started to get biazzare but nothing illegal or anything that could get anyone into trouble.
Maybe it was a fake person created by the government. Maybe they were looking for someone else and were trying to track this person down. That could be why there was so much secrecy and why the police was called. I was not allowed in the clubhouse and was told not to drive in the parking lot. The police pretty much told me to stay put until I moved. When I left the maintence guy would watch. I thought I was being paranoid so I did a u-turn and all kinds of sudden turns; he did the same. Then I got an e-mail about driving crazy. (LOL). I never would have done that normally. As soon as I moved everything calmed down. The city contacted me and told me that I had to sign some paperwork for this to be over. So 2 people came to my house; the guy looked sort of tough and the woman was real docile looking. The guy told me to sign on the line. All I had time to read was that the investigation was being dropped and that I would not sue anyone. Strange? Of course there is more to this story but it so weird that I really don't blame anyone who doesn't believe me.
This is why I never mentioned it on here but of course my life seems to be riddled with weird occurences.

edit on 27-2-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

How many people participating in social media are "real"?

For example, how many users posting to ATS portray their actual experiences and real-life personalities?

It appears the "government" is looking for a way to streamline what most people online are already doing.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Oh my! Who would've guessed?

Obama's DOJ has been trolling the net and posting against critics and in support of the BHO regime for almost as long as he's been in office:

Obama Disinformation Agents Are Actively Posting ...

Did someone just now come around to realize that if they could do it in-house, they could freelance it as well, and better?

deny ignorance
jw

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

How many people participating in social media are "real"?

For example, how many users posting to ATS portray their actual experiences and real-life personalities?

It appears the "government" is looking for a way to streamline what most people online are already doing.

AMEN...I was thinking the same thing myself. Other than close personal friends you know in REAL LIFE you can never be sure anything anyone online is telling you is true. I know of many people that have several accounts on facebook to play the games or something like that.....having more than one account, or portraying yourself online is not a new thing....the scary part will be when one of those "fake" accounts suddenly friend requests you :O

Michelle

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th
....the scary part will be when one of those "fake" accounts suddenly friend requests you :O

Michelle

Michele, what do you mean "when"? I get friend requests weekly from people I don't know. I think it's rather common. I'm not very active there either, just signed up at my grown children's request. There's all kinds of shenanigans going on there and just to think Barry was meeting with the kid that runs the "social network" a couple of weeks ago. I suspect Justin Beiber was busy.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So is this a tool to fight back against fake personas on social media. Do we use there own tools against them?

packetstormsecurity.org...

Creepy Geolocation Gathering Tool 0.1.8
Posted Feb 22, 2011 Authored by Yiannis Kakavas | Site ilektrojohn.github.com creepy is an application that allows you to gather geolocation related information about users from social networking platforms and image hosting services. The information is presented in a map inside the application where all the retrieved data is shown, accompanied with relevant information (i.e. what was posted from that specific location) to provide context to the presentation. Changes: This release adds a feature to export retrieved locations as kmz files (opens in Google Earth and Google Maps). It adds a progress bar for the retrieval process. It adds a help menu. tags | tool systems | unix MD5 | c4d22122ab7b56bfb54bff76f9c5df4a

ilektrojohn.github.com...

edit on 2-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I get those too. Even some congressman friended me on Facebook. I never accept anyone's request if I don't know 'em personally. Hey, I work for the Federal Government, maybe I'm a fake person! I'd better check that out.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

"What hath God wrought", a message in American Morse code sent by Samuel F. B. Morse to officially open the Baltimore-Washington telegraph line on May 24, 1844.

One can imagine the wonder at the innovation of the telegraph. Here we are 170 years later and I wonder at how the latest telegraph is being used to attack our freedoms.

amazing connection, Hemi

top topics

<< 1   >>

join