It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping our noses out for once?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why does America think they can always step in like the great hero of the world? Obama has decided to put sanctions on Libya? I mean what are you gonna do next Mr. President put sanctions on every middle east country? Because thats where it's headed there is no stopping it. The middle east has always been on simmer it was a only a matter of time before someone turned the gas up! Funny thing is i think the Elite in this country are the ones who turned the heat up. At what point do we as americans say enough is enough. We can be a self sufficient country without selling everything to everyone else. Such as debts, patents, and american jobs for slave labor prices?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I perhaps was in a rush and put this in the wrong forum feel free to move...My apologies everyone

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by copernicus2012

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If America doesn't do something they will be criticized for not helping people in need. If they do something they will be criticized for butting into other peoples business.

I agree with you. America should stay out of it and let it play out on its own. I certainly don't think American troops should be sent in. We should not have our young men losing their lives for Libya. Let Europe get involved if they want to.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

What are the Russians and Chinese doing? Other than making banal statements, nothing, at least publically. We'll do the sanctions bit. We'll probably do some kind of NATO bit, which in the view of most of the world is the US anyway. We will get engaged in this mess and it will be very difficult to disengage.

We will do something because the neo-cons are in both parties and have an pro-war, pro-engagement view of the world and an extremely aggressive stance towards anything that might potentially harm Israel.

We will also do something because both in this country and around the world, Obama is viewed as weak. He will act, simply to act. If he does sit back and do nothing other than press for a non-violent process and let the thing take its course, my respect in him will increase a ton. This "we need to bring democracy to the world business is absolute rubbish).

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think what really got me going is my girlfriends brother is a marine his first deployment wasn't suppose to be until sometime near Christmas...Ironically now its been moved up 3 weeks from now. We asked him why and all he said his superiors said things were about to get ugly over there....I suppos thats what got me going ont he whole keep our noses out of it for once.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If America doesn't do something they will be criticized for not helping people in need. If they do something they will be criticized for butting into other peoples business.

I agree with you. America should stay out of it and let it play out on its own. I certainly don't think American troops should be sent in. We should not have our young men losing their lives for Libya. Let Europe get involved if they want to.

Well, excuse me!

Do you think these so called “help” from the United States comes for free without eyeing on something “particular” In return..?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I for one am totally against bring democracy to world. I say forget them let us do us..and if they F up there country then they F it up! Horrible i know!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What needs to be looked at is "consistency" in the support of people that want freedom.

Should the international community step into Libya?

Damn right they should, and they(UN) should have stepped in immediately at the first sign of civilian deaths. Not to be still contemplating it and considering sanctions on weapons - what good are sanctions on weapons? the USA has filled their militia/army with weapons over the years for them to attack their people.

Why wont the USA/UN step into human rights abuses against civilians in Saudi, Qatar and other areas? Why not step in to abuses of Palestinians?

Mark my words, the US will eventually step into Libya, ONLY to assist in installing a puppet leader and make use of the largest oil reserves in North Africa.

Its sad the way the world revolves

This has got nothing to do with democracy/freedom....everything is self interest these days.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

"Mark my words, the US will eventually step into Libya, ONLY to assist in installing a puppet leader and make use of the largest oil reserves in North Africa. "

We already do.

For all you sit around and do nothing and bring everybody home and build a wall around the country folks that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If you have to ask yourself why then its not worth the bits to reply to you.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Of course it comes at a price. America doesn't "help" anyone unless there is something in it for them.
Why would they? It's all about protecting American interests and nothing else.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

The west made a deal decades ago. They sold their souls for oil. America the big symbol of liberty and freedom made deals with all of these dictators in the Middle East. Keep the oil flowing, don't bother Israel and we will leave you alone and let you do anything you want to your people. That is how all of these guys came into power.
As long as we can still get cheap oil who cares about the people over there..

new topics

top topics

join