It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the UFO - video interview with Don Elkins and Carla Rueckert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just posted by Ms Rueckert herself the other day is a video interview from a TV show in 1978. The main topic is the book written by Don Elkins and Carla Rueckert called "Secrets of the UFO". While I have not yet read that book, I have read something else by these two which you may be familiar with as well: The Law of One aka the Ra Material. If you enjoy eastern philosophy and spirituality (Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, Etc) then odds are the Law of One will really hit home. I recommend it to my friends with the same fervor that I recommend the Tao Te Ching. If you don't like the idea of it being channeled, I'd sincerely ask that you humor that part of the work, don't worry about who wrote the words, just worry about what the words say

For those familiar with the Law of One, this interview is from 1978. The first contact with Ra as archived as session one of the Law of One was in 1981 - so this is pre-Law of One. The first channeled info/first contact by LL research group was in 1972, so Don and Carla had indeed been channeling together for about 6 years before this interview. Since we're talking Law of One, I must say that channeled material rarely appeals to my logic or emotion or any part of my being. The Law of One, however, hits me harder than anything. And I mean harder than any other book, any film or music or experience I have had in my life (and I have had some crazy ass experiences). Even if it's not channeled but just a fiction project... it is so profound... it's hard to ignore. Ok, enough with that. Hopefully you will go check it out now if you haven't already

LL Research Group: www.llresearch.org...
The Law of One (read it online or download PDF - free): www.llresearch.org...

Anyways, onto this very interesting interview! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Same here. Wasn't much aware of or into spirituality or anything related for that matter; I believed in right/wrong but just had no clue which or what or where. Reading Law of One by Ra CHANGED my entire life, perception, and has had drastic positive effects on my life. THANK YOU RA!

Otherwise, will give a listen and comment afterwards. Thanks

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Thanks. I am not a big fan of channelers, but I have read the Seth material from Jane Roberts. I have downloaded the pdfs and am working on downloading the movies. I will check them all out later.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
RadiatorOfTheLight - I rejected christianity when I was about 15 (the question that got to me was "what happened to the people born in the Americas before Columbus discovered the new world? surely they didn't all go to hell?") and though I felt there was something bigger out there, I never could believe in any organized religions. Taoism and Buddhism appealed to me because they don't worry so much about god or gods, they are just a philosophy, a way of life. The Law of One is different, though - it describes a philosophy, a theology of sorts which redefines god as sentient life (in a way), and even scientific theory, all in a unified and cohesive ideology. It's really something special, regardless of the source of the material. It's really hard for me to find a way to share it with people since most people won't give "channeling" a chance and so they reject the material before even considering it. I usually tell people "who knows if it's really channeled, it is likely just somebody's writing project, but I just know that it is profound and logical and loving" and that helps to spread the knowledge. Anywho, thanks for replying

groingrinder - Did you have a chance to read/watch anything yet? I don't buy most channeled stuff, either, but the Law of One's ideology is not dependent on its source - it is logical and makes sense from anybody's mouth. Hope you get something out of it, hope it resonates somehow with you

bump! this is good stuff!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetsuo

Clearly Don Elkins was a serious, no-nonsense UFO researcher.

The host of this interview did a very professional job.

This is a fascinating interview. In Part 2 of 5 Elkins talks about time having a field similar to that of space.

Both Don Elkins and Carla Rueckert were articulate, intelligent, credible spokespeople, in my opinion.

The book which was the focus for this interview is available as a 223 page .pdf: Secrets of the UFO by Don Elkins with Carla Rueckert.

Here is the Table of Contents:

new topics

top topics

join