It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's Genetic voyage. Fact, Speculation and Theories...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaeologyUnderground

Thanks for the video.

Watching now

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Extremely well-done post, Slayer69.

But if it hadn't been featured in the highlights that ATS emails me, I would have missed it.

This post does stay well within the boundaries of science. And I personally don't enjoy that much confinement.

So a few mentions should be made of what data and speculation lies beyond, but related to, the realm of human genetics and genetic history.

First, an overarching observation concerning this subject: Genetics is about blueprints. And blueprints are just plans, ideal patterns or potentials. One of the first things genes do is provide a pattern for body construction. Then after that, they provide a pattern for body operation. But do they DO the construction? Do they direct daily functioning? No. That takes something else. So genetics can only answer a rather limited set of questions about why we are the way we are, or why I am the way I am.

This situation has been pointed out by Bruce Lipton for a number of years now. And his conviction is that genetic activation in humans is mediated by a process that includes the factor of belief. I won't use space here to go into the ramifications of this idea.

Next, we venture further away from mainstream science without yet leaving it entirely. And this concerns the extent to which consciousness and sense of identity is tied to the body. The only mainline researcher I am aware of whose work impacts this question is Dr. Ian Stephenson. He worked with past life recalls in children. He verified many of them completely.

This then takes us beyond the realm of science. The notion that an element of human consciousness exists that has persisted over vast periods of time and will probably continue to do so is so widely taught outside the scientific community that it cannot be dismissed without considerable inspection.

With the addition of this one basic fact (or hypothesis) to our understanding of life, numerous "anomalous" phenomena which science must shrug off are explainable. This could even include some of the more unusual observations in quantum physics.

And one of the spin-offs of this hypothesis is that life has a much longer history than what is being postulated by earth science at this time. This then leads to the possible existence of ancient, but advanced, civilizations, both on earth and elsewhere. And that in turn leads to the possibility of non-human tampering with earth human genetics.

To some this is a line of reasoning too thin to be worth traveling. To others this is as sure a fact as the rising sun each morning.

It directly relates to this site because of what historical facts have been verified concerning the existence of a criminal conspiracy on this planet. That such an activity exists on some level is without doubt. If you look at the stories of what must now easily number in the hundreds of persons who have been involved in this activity and chose to break from it, then one impression comes through very strongly: the full truth is being withheld from us. This includes a concerted effort to lean on scientists and academic administrators to invest their energies in certain directions and to ignore others. Thus, our picture of life, as painted by the brush of mainstream science is potentially extremely inadequate.

I personally devalue the usefulness of genetic research more than most do. My interests lie beyond bodies, so the problem of body evolution is not very important to me. But for those who DO want to develop a much better understanding of genetics that goes well beyond the development of exploitative technologies for the short-term use of various power-motivated factions, the data being developed by non-mainstream researchers should be included in your search!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Are modern men/women with smaller frontal bones in their craniums to this day going "buga, buga, me tarzan, you jane" for us to assume smaller frontal craniums must always mean a less intelligent human being?...

When's the last time you went to a nightclub?

Seriously speaking, the points you make about intelligence and hairiness are pretty well accepted these days.
It's the people who don't understand the field who still make the assumptions you refer to without evidence.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
I mean no disrespect to nor am I a scientist but I think this man has more neanderthal DNA than the rest of us

Actually, what you're seeing is the result of steroids and a lot of body modification through exercise. He's well within the normal for homo sapiens. Take him off steroids and give him a desk job and no weight lifting and within 5 years he'll look like the rest of us. I've looked at pictures of these types of athletes when studying body modification and they all look pretty abnormal (the women in particular look abnormal to me, but if they like looking like that, I'm not against their body sculpting for themselves.)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hi Wolfenz here

the question you have asked I have Posted on this thread the credentials the clarifications

Please check my previous post if you will find some Answers !
ohh by the way Julia Pastrana's DNA was Never been examined ! it was People that had the same symptoms of her conditions and it was studied on a group of Chinese of the result of the Findings!

of the DNA (Genes) that Group of People were Missing & Doubled in various parts of the DNA Chromosome Sequence Pattern it all assumption that Julia Pastrana was the Same

Here the claim of

Chimp seems unique, but not a missing link
www.bigfootencounters.com...

"Oliver is unique and there's a reason why," said Wally Swett, director of Primarily Primates in Boerne, the Hill Country primate rehabilitation center where the almost 40-year-old chimp is in retirement. "We want to know."

Swett, however, believes Oliver may be an ape hybrid, such as a cross between a chimpanzee and a gorilla or a chimpanzee and pygmy chimp. He also thinks Oliver may be a "mutant chimp" or an altogether new species.

or Simply Google Julia Pastrana DNA Genes Missing Genes and

Sorry I feel like Ive been repeating myself as i put the Sources of videos & Articles

Scientists discover genetic defects linked with rare bearded lady
www.biologynews.net...

Ok here something is Interesting ! some key points ! on the physical deformity ! of this syndrome

eMedicine Specialties > Dermatology > Diseases of the Adnexa
Congenital Hypertrichosis Lanuginosa
Author: Sarah K Taylor, MD,, Staff Physician, Kimbrough Dermatology, Ft George G Meade
emedicine.medscape.com...

Congenital Hypertrichosis Lanuginosa
Ambras syndrome

Abnormalities of the teeth may be present. Adontia may occur, with an absence of the upper molars and the premolar teeth and a lag in the development of the first and second dentition.

Features associated with facial dysmorphism include the following:
* Triangular, coarse face
* Large intercanthal distance
* Broad palpebral fissures
* Long, prominent back of the nose and a round nose tip
* Large interalar distance
* Anteverted nares
* Short integumental lower lip
* Flat sulcus mentolabialis

Six accessory nipples

A genetic etiology is proposed for Ambras syndrome.

* Two cases of Ambras syndrome .3,30 were associated with alterations in chromosome 8. Using fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), Tadin et al analyzed the original patient described by Baumeister and detected a pericentric inversion of chromosome 8, inv(8)(p11.2q22).31
* In an analysis of findings in the second patient reported by Balducci, an association was made with an insertion of the q23-24 region into a more proximal region of the long arm of chromosome 8, most likely at the q13 band, as well as a complex deletion in 8q23 encompassing four separate chromosomal breakpoints.30

The Source:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by SLAYER69

Great thread.

There is one thing that has always bothered me, and that is the claim, or ASSumptions made by early scholars, and which today's scholars don't want to revise, that ancient men were all covered in hair to make them look like more primitive, not to mention more "ape like".

But what if they were not all covered in hair? We all know that to this day there are people who have more hair in their bodies than others, but the ASSumption is always that ancient men, and even women were ALL covered in hair.

The Aquatic Ape Theory tells a different story and its one I find very interesting, I think there are threads about it on ATS if you have a quick look. It explains the lack of hair and the ability to talk along with several other anomalies.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

An analysis of the pre-Clovis/'Clovis first' debate of the peopling of the Americas via mitochondrial population genomics published in the (peer-reviewed) American Journal of Human Genetics:

Link

Just some food for thought as it ties into the video you posted.
edit on 4-3-2011 by ArchaeologyUnderground because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Whoa, i thought i was the only one who had heard of the aquatic ape theory.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaeologyUnderground

Thats a very interesting paper you linked, it supports my position that the americas were first populated by a coastal migration.
What it does not do is refute the possiblilty of the "soultrean" influence.
I maintain that it was the point that moved around the continent and not the people that invented it.
The paleolithic europeans that made the journey to the east coast simply didnt survive in enough numbers, or interbreed with the arriving peoples from asia or beringia, to contribute to the mito condrial dna samples.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
reply to post by Versa

Whoa, i thought i was the only one who had heard of the aquatic ape theory.

there are a few interesting threads on it here on ATS if you do a search
Its one of my preferred theories.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think you're question about evolution of humans, OP, ties into this little bit of information, which unfortunately, since im at work, and thinking of it off the top of my head - have absolutely no proof/information to back it currently! but hey! here its anyway.

Evolution may be ALOT more intertwined with our enviroment , than it is with "time"

IE the current theory is over time, lots and lots and lots and lots of time - we evolved slowly into what we are today.

But take this small bit of information - look it up for yourself - and once you confirm its legit - ask yourself - how heavily does this (The enviroment) tie in with Evolution.

------

You have infront of you, a Bucket full of stem cells.

Then you grab say 11 pallets. And you put a DIFFERENT MEDIA into each pallet. Then add stem cells. Leave 1 pallet empty bar the stem cells.

Give it a short ammount of time, then investigate the pallets again.

You will have found, that the stem cells are no longer stem cells. One pallet with one media would have formed muscle tissue, another would have made bone, and so forwarth. Each pallet will have a different kind of cell in it now. Accept for the pallet which only had stem cells, which are still stem cells.

TLDR version - Same cell - different enviroment - different thing from the same "orignal" stem cel.

-----

With this kept in mind. How many different types of early humans are there in correlation to extinction events?
edit on 5-3-2011 by TigaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by VersaThe Aquatic Ape Theory tells a different story and its one I find very interesting, I think there are threads about it on ATS if you have a quick look. It explains the lack of hair and the ability to talk along with several other anomalies.

It's very popular and a few academics even support it. However, from a paleontological viewpoint (the bones), the evidence just isn't there... and doesn't explain why humans didn't become MORE adapted to a watery environment. Additionally, a number of wetlands animals are fully furred, including cougars, raccoons, deer, as well as wetlands-using primates such as the snow monkey and Proboscis monkeys (Borneo.)

So it's fallen out of favor, particularly since a lot of the bones of our ancestors are found in savannahs (which produces a different type of rock) and not in the beds of ancient swamps and lakes.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

What is the current academically accepted theory regarding the layer of subcutaneous fat, hairlessness and ability to control our breathing?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

My exposure to the theory was a newer interpratation of it, and focused on a semi-aquatic adaptation of one of our very early ancestors, like more than 6mya, but after Pierolapithecus(13mya).

The model i read presented the presently unknown ancestor, as a savanah/woodland margin dwelling ape, that took water, rivers and lakes as a defence mechanism against newly arrived large predators,cats, in africa.
The time scale for the arrival of large cats in africa coincides with a cooler period in africa.
A period which saw a decrease in the range of woodlands and crocodiles, a very good reason to stay out of the water.
Waters that were normally avoided except by a need to drink, as in modern africa, were now a safe haven from large feline predators and possibly large raptors as well.
The allready present adaptations towards bipedalism were re-enforced by this watery sojourn, and during it we aquired some of our traits such as the hooded nostrils and our insulating fat layer.
Hooded nostrils would have allowed a semi aquatic animal to hide in the water with only the eyes above water to keep on the look out.
As the area dried out and the fuit bearing trees came back the apes went back to a dry land lifestyle taking back to the trees as a defence against some of the larger cats.
The body plan which had adapted the pelvis and legs towards reaching down to the river/lake bottom, was now ideally suited for the animals to reach up to fruit hanging in the trees, a commonly accepted mechanism that pushed our ancestors towards full bipedalism.
We will likely never know who our direct ancestor was during this period, but the theory is an elegant way of correlating some of our evolutionary traits.

edit on 5-3-2011 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I suppose anything is possible. All we need is some hard prooof

If it is hard proof you are looking for, you are studying the wrong subjects. Every theory begins with a flight of the imagination. It develops into a hypothesis and then you prove it. Sometimes you fail. Either way, if something is 'true', you can find a path to it. If that were not 'true' we wouldn't have found all that we have so far. Life follows certain patterns and once you recognise those patterns, you know exactly where to look.

A recent study that you may have seen...

An international team of scientists has established a link between the shape of the landscape and the habitats preferred by our earliest ancestors. The research, by scientists at the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, the University of York and the Institut de Physique du Globe Paris (IPGP), is published in the March 2011 issue of the Journal of Human Evolution.

Several lines of scientific evidence suggest that Australopithecus africanus (like the ‘Mrs Ples’ fossil from Sterkfontein) was adapted to mixed, or mosaic habitats – landscapes with trees and open grassland, with some wetland marshy areas. The study suggests that it was the type of mosaic environment created by tectonic earth movements near rivers or lakes.

These features including cliffs, sedimented valleys, river gorges and drier plateau areas in close proximity of about 10 kilometres, are created when sections of the earth’s crust move in response to pressure, then blocks of land are lifted up, while others are forced downwards. When this happens next to a river, the result is the creation of wetland, marshy areas close to drier plateaus and areas of erosion.

Professor Geoff Bailey, from the University of York, who is the lead author on an accompanying paper, also published in the same issue of the Journal of Human Evolution, confirms: “This link between earthquakes and human habitation is one we’ve long suspected was there. Regions vulnerable to earthquake and volcanic activity often create landscapes with long-term benefits for human settlement. But the tragic events in Christchurch are a graphic illustration of the attendant risk of these locations.”

www.york.ac.uk...

They knew where to look because in certain fundamental ways all life follows similar patterns. And we will always be drawn back to the conditions that make us successful. Until we find the over-ride...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This find is very interesting to me for example. Behaviourally.

The remains of 27 ancient men, women, and children have been found in cliffside caves in Nepal. Many of the bones bear cut marks that point to a previously unknown Himalayan death ritual, experts say.

The corpses—many of which had been stripped of flesh—were placed in the high mortuaries some 1,500 years ago, the team announced Friday.

Nearly 67 percent of the bodies' had been defleshed, most likely with a metal knife, say the researchers, who found the remains in 2010.

Particularly worthy of note is this....

Aldenderfer and his team think the practice of de-fleshing corpses and entombing them in caves might be a previously unknown bridge between two other known death rituals.

One, the Tibetan sky burial—thought to have originated several hundred years later—involves dismembering a body and exposing it to the elements and to scavengers such as vultures. Present-day Tibet is just 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the cave tombs.

The other funerary rite is older and hails from the Zoroastrian religion, which has its roots in ancient Persia (now Iran). Zoroastrians, Aldenderfer said, "are known to have de-fleshed their dead and fed the flesh to animals."

Ancient people living in the Upper Mustang region may have adopted funerary rituals of passing Zoroastrians as they traveled west, Aldenderfer said. These rites, in turn, may have transformed into, or inspired, the Tibetan sky-burial ritual.

That idea, according to anthropologist Mark Turin, who wasn't part of the project, is "an interesting and perfectly workable hypothesis."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Thanks for the links and snippets.
Checking it out now.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wonder why Boskops is consistantly ignored. Since learning of them, I find their absence from the debate on human origins interestingly suspect.

discovermagazine.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

I didn't know how to put them into the picture. They were way down in South Africa and they were relatively recent in our human time-line supposedly. I couldn't find any DNA info on them or their possible contribution.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa041ef1b57b.jpg[/atsimg]
What Happened to Our Larger-Brained Hominid Ancestors?

“The cranial capacity must have been very large,” he said, and “calculation by the method of Broca gives a minimum figure of 1,832 cc [cubic centimeters].” The Boskop skull, it would seem, housed a brain perhaps 25 percent or more larger than our own.

edit on 6-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join