Stop closing threads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I dont know where I should have posted this

Stop closing threads "closed pending staff review" um...are you serious??

were allowed to say whatever we want, if were talking about something that YOU dont like...then dont read it. get over it.

stop trying to control us. nobody cares what your "staff" thinks. ok? this is the god damn internet. get real.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
you should have put it the in predictions forum... because i can predict what is coming....

THREAD CLOSED

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This thread is closed for consideration.
tic

HA! I can't close threads

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You try and do their jobs trying to suppress the tirade of BS that crops up on this site. They have to be harsh, you know.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else.
edit on 25/2/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You are a seriously lost cause...the Internet may be somewhat free, but individual sites have the right to make and enforce their own rules, regulations and requirements. Where do you get off telling the mods of a site they LET YOU join and participate in...where to go?

Mods? Ban this dude/ette! This kinda person has no clue and will make us all look bad. Disney has a few sites for ya instead....but...they have rules as well...

Stop closing threads you say? Start closing memberships like yours... Free speech is fine...we'll give you that...
but coming here to cut the way this operates? Ya got some nerve friend....or maybe none....
Peace out>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: anger

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
FIGHT THE POWER DUDE

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
IN BEFOR 404
Just pay attention how you word your threads, that may help.
edit on 2/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
classic 404

love the predictions suggestion.

debate inteligently, rationaly and politely and you won't have any problems.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

It's been my obervation that "closed pending staff review" happens when:

there is a ton of mud slinging in a thread
someone is claiming evidence and does not produce it
the thread is being questioned as a hoax.

As for what the staff thinks? They are the ones that maintain this website, if you read how things work behind the scenes, you will see that any action taken on a thread is a group decision.

link   

Originally posted by Lateralus51

were allowed to say whatever we want, if were talking about something that YOU dont like...then dont read it. get over it.

stop trying to control us. nobody cares what your "staff" thinks. ok? this is the god damn internet. get real.

This is the idiot language, at its fullest..
edit on 25-2-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

link   

It has nothing to do with what the staff thinks, but something you may have posted violated the terms and conditions of ATS.

Remember this is a privately owned forum, thus allowing them to manage it however they please.

You get more bees with honey.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It's a slow day.

I think he is just trying to get someone's underware in a bundle and start things up.

Not a good attempt-IMO.

Have a great weekend everyone.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

What are you even talking about, this entire site is suppose to be where you can say the crazy things. And I have seen lllloads of dumb, outrageous threads. I remember a recent one where a woman basically attacks all men saying we are unworthy of any woman, and should be lucky any woman even looks at us. Then there was the dude who did a counter thread bla bla.

But why the hell have you taken offence, you have no right to basically tell him he's a dick and to stop using ATS you don't even know what his threads entailed. Seems to me you sucking up to the mods like a little (.....)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
edit on 25-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

"Were"

That's where I stopped reading, or maybe I should say "were I stopped reading". Just kidding I'm always curious why some normal threads get the can while the more ludicrous ones stay
edit on 25-2-2011 by beholdblight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

How about a forum that all of these threads can be placed...upon a "vote" by interested members? Let the members (you know the ones- 215 odd thousand, the same ones who you use to justify commanding high dollars for ad space), to judge whether a thread is too "incendiary", "defamatory", "controversial", "provocative" or "derrogatory". Its easy, just do it, or risk alienating many of the stallwort, long time members and visitors.
Especially considering the latest "MONSANTO ESCAPADES". I had a thread closed for review, and imo, gay members of the "staff", felt that the truth hurt their plight to recruit new people into the gay community, therefor they shut it down, and never gave me a legimate reason or any excuse at all...just thread closed, upon review.

I have been coming to visit ats for roughly 7 or 8 years, usually to get breaking, news you would never find on your own. I check ats a couple times a day and spent too much time here. By making the fact that they dont care at all, so blatantly open, makes me feel like all members who really want to send a message...need to stage a "log-off" boycott, until perhaps some of our concerns are addressed in the open forum. Maybe Ill just log off until the monsanto ad disapears. Or until closed threads are made available for the members to review and vote on.
edit on 25/2/11 by masqua because: Censor circumvention removed

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
You are a seriously lost cause...the Internet may be somewhat free, but individual sites have the right to make and enforce their own rules, regulations and requirements. Where do you get off telling the mods of a site they LET YOU join and participate in...where to go?

Mods? Ban this dude/ette! This kinda person has no clue and will make us all look bad. Disney has a few sites for ya instead....but...they have rules as well...

Stop closing threads you say? Start closing memberships like yours... Free speech is fine...we'll give you that...
but coming here to cut the way this operates? Ya got some nerve friend....or maybe none....
Peace out>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: anger

Close my membership...yeah good idea. that would really accomplish something.... [snip]I would just make another account, just like the people who have their threads closed,just make another thread

They let me join..lol they obviously want as many people on their site as possible..its not like they just hand pick who is allowed to join..
edit on 25/2/11 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

All freedom is controlled by someone, even on a site like this.

Imo, no topic should be out of bounds, as through debate, points of view can be made openly with evidence given for people to digest, mull over and then provide counter evidence to support their own opinion. People can draw their own conclusion to what they feel. We don’t have thought police yet and allowing people the opportunity of debate things happening in our World should be encouraged.

A thread about circumcision was closed pending moderation. Why? All men have a penis, we all have words to describe them, and points raised in that thread were a fact worthy of discussion, yet was closed probably because it was about genitals and referenced many terms of sexual language.

I'm not being funny but how many threads are there on here about guns, murder, death destruction etc?

We are all or mostly adults. Maybe an age regulation option should be added to ATS threads or some sort of icon that can be added to warn of adult content.

However, this isn't my site to determine the rules which we all agreed to.
I also agree that posts should be removed that insult fellow members.
Threads should be removed where an opinion is put across that has no link to any evidence.
edit on 25-2-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The site owners are all reptiles.
Thats probably what you will say next isnt it?
Well they are not reptiles, at least I dont think they are.
They are just honest Joes doing an honest days internet forum moderation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join