It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Killed in Iraq Protest Crackdowns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

5 Killed in Iraq Protest Crackdowns

www.thestreet.com

Two demonstrators were killed Friday morning after Iraqi police forces opened fire on protesters in Mosul, Iraq, CNN reported, when the protesters stormed and set fire to local government offices. More than 20 people were wounded in the clash, CNN said, citing Iraqi police.

Three protesters were killed and 12 others were wounded in Hawijah, a town near Kirkuk, when Iraqi forces shot at hundreds of protesters who were throwing stones at troops, Iraqi Army Capt. Mohammed Al Angood said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
as said by the US Gov. years ago when the people can take control of the country we will leave.

well I sure see the people speaking out now and what does the Dictatorship do. well they learned from the US water-cannons and tear gas = freedom...

I wonder what the US and EU response will be in Iraq. Most likely only words meaningless words.

Our Government's have been funding and profiting from these oil rich countries and ignoring the human rights of the people for too long and this movement will spread the people are realizing "we have a voice".

www.thestreet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Think the US gov will try and claim there terrorists?

good on the Iraqis.

Let them decide there own future as opposed to having america's view points rammed down their throats.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
just heard on Al Jazeera that there are 10 dead across Diff cites in Iraq.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Think the US gov will try and claim there terrorists?

good on the Iraqis.

Let them decide there own future as opposed to having america's view points rammed down their throats.

Very well said!! had to quote it so its said again and NOT forgotten!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
How is this effecting our people there? Our troops? Are they hitting the bunkers? Helping? I'm assuming they're going to stand down, but how the hell are they supposed to tell one kind of incident from another? This is going to be a very sticky situation to watch.

Same (even worse, I imagine) in Afghanistan, should it spread there. (Hell it has spread (read already is happening) there, as people protest in Afghanistan against their government on a regular basis, but it's not "reported" this way "media."
edit on 2/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join