It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's only one good news channel...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hi! I'm new to this board and I've been keeping up with what's going on in the war. Including the protests around the world. And to be honest I only watch one news channel and that's Fox News Channel. They are the only one's that present the news as it is in my opinion. They're honest, fair and balanced. They're in my opinion the best. Your thoughts please. Thank you.

dom

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Are you just being sarcastic or is this a serious post?

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If I was being sarcastic I wouldn't have posted. Scouts honor.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Right On! Objectivity for the masses sake. 'Bout time. Plus Laurie Duhe. Grrrrrr!

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They're all pulling from the same group of reporters (other than their own with various units), so it's kind of the same...

Best bet is to compile the news from all of the available sources, and then make up your mind...

dom

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hmm, I'd heard that fox news was not very open-minded when it came to it's coverage of the war.

If you're going to watch right-wing tv, then make sure you check out some left-wing websites to balance out your news intake.

www.whatreallyhappened.com often has some interesting news, although I'd take a lot of what they say with a pinch of salt. www.google.com is a good place to try and get verification of any slightly suspect claims they make. Although, a lot of articles they link to will be from major news organisations, but they'll be the articles that aren't linked very prominently on the websites...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, I like them because they aren't biased like CNN is.

arc

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I must say I'm avoiding the tv and just using news websites instead. I'm after facts not lots of people sat around discussing events - I come here for that

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The British news channels that usually broadcast CBS and ABC news are not doing that during the Iraqi war. I regret not being able to see the American news coverage because the British are using videophone reports and they give terrible images and often break up during a report. The snipits of American reports that have been aired have been of a much better quality as far as clarity of video images and sound.

I'm limited to CNN, BBC and Sky news reports here.

Bummer,
Deep

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm watching a small bit of the American networks, plus Fox News(which I watch the most and love), CNN, and BBC coverage(I get BBC America here). I think it's best to get as many sources as possible, because they all slant it in one way or another..although Fox's slant seems to be the most even keeled.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Fox News by far. And yes Numberonepal...Laurie Dhue...WOW!

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I do prefer Fox News, but lately I've been adding a little bit of CNN and MSNBC to Fox as well, to get different perspectives. MSNBC has segments where they will report what other nations are reporting. I also check out websites for Sky News and various newspapers. I like to hear all sides and I agree that Fox News is the best.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Of all the news channels CNN, MSNBC,and FOX NEWS. I watch FOX news the most. But I get the majority of the news from independent news sources on the internet. I also check the AP, Reuters and UPI regularly during the day. If you really want to get "Fair and Balanced" News dont limit yourself to the news networks.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
To me fox news is like the National Inquirer of news. I even remember during 911 when the reported that 33,000 people were killed. ;-)

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Really? You think a network that has hired, and continues to advertise the fact that they have Geraldo Rivera is fair and balanced?

When they hired that idiot, they proved how much of a joke they were.

I love it when they claim to be fair and balanced...yet whenever a Democrat comes on to be interviewed, they ask the democrat questions that they were not meant to ask.

Case in point: Jesse Jackson was interviewed by Sean Hannity a few months back, and the topic of the debate was "Bush's effectiveness as a leader" and guess what the first question out of Hannity's mouth was?

"Is it true you take money from your non-profit organization and pocket it for yourself"

"Do you plan to publicly apologize for your illegitimate child?"

Hannity is a joke, Foxnews is a joke.

All of cable News is a joke.

End of discussion

top topics

join