It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 watt light bulbs to become illegal 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Just came across information that I was not aware of that includes the governments wish to phase out incadecent light bulbes and replaced with the mercury gas type bulb...I know their is a cost of savings on using flourescent bulbs but how much mercury is needed to make these bulbs...how do I invest in stock in the company that is going to provide this mercury gas
....this bill was signed into law during the Bush era 2007 and it's not a suprise that folks have either forgotten or have not heard about it...just thought some folks would like to know...Link

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

As if we don't have enough problems already.
Well if 2012 isn't the end of the world then the end will be soon behind it.

I can't wait to see the state of the world in about 20 years when landfills are filled with murcury running off into the ground water. This will be a great show. It's almost like peolpe are trying to see how much we can rape our planet and break in off in her @$$!

This is great.
edit on 25-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is alot bigger issue with lighting going on although i dont think its this. Basically they want to change the long tube bulbs to something else which require a new electrical things to make the bulb work. These are like 25 dollars at home depot. This doesnt include intallation, meaning the places where there is that long tube lighting each ficture will cost like 150 to replace electrical stuff, and get new bulbs. This will cost older schools a crap load along with other people using the lighting

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I hate florescent bulbs..even the "warm" light ones are horrible. They make me feel depressed

I have the reg. bulbs throughout the house but our kitchen has the long florescent bulbs and the light is just horrid. Too be quite honest I think they all burn out about the same..I have to replace the florescent bulb on my front porch about 2 times a year..the incandescent about 2-3 times a year..I prefer the 100W reg bulb any old day.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They were made illegal in the uk in 2009

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Funny thing is...there are far more powerful bulbs that arent illegal. 1000w HPS arent illegal, neither are MH.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I hate florescent bulbs..even the "warm" light ones are horrible. They make me feel depressed

I have the reg. bulbs throughout the house but our kitchen has the long florescent bulbs and the light is just horrid. Too be quite honest I think they all burn out about the same..I have to replace the florescent bulb on my front porch about 2 times a year..the incandescent about 2-3 times a year..I prefer the 100W reg bulb any old day.

ME TOO!! I thought I was the only one that had a depressive feeling with these lights. I went back to the incandescent also. Uhmm! maybe a study is needed of this if there could be a lot of complaints of depression associated with these bulbs.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

how do I invest in stock in the company that is going to provide this mercury gas

I don't know about the gas, but I read on another thread that the bulbs will be made in China.

Thank you, federal govt. I wonder how many homes in China have to buy the new bulbs?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I agree for some reason all the colors of that area look crappy...how many people get headaches from flourescent bulbs...I just really hate the light that it puts out..don't think people would mind if they were as crisp as incandescent bulbs...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
And we didn't save hardly any electricity by switching to cfl's a few years ago. Unless your lights are running all the time, how could you save?
If you left that 100watt light bulb on 24/7, you would use about 72 kwh for that bulb. That is only about 14% of my total energy usage and would cost about $7.20. Who leaves lights on 24/7 though, because that's the only way to have significant savings, otherwise just turn the light off when you don't need it.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

not many especially if you are not part of the major infrastructure..you will be using candles..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I sell these cfl bulbs in my store and am using them in my home for the last two years. The thing is that they DO save energy, how could they not when you know that a 5W bulb gives as much light as a 20W classic bulb? But what I do see is many people not lowering the Watts of their lamps and then complain they are to bright, everyone wants the highest W bulbs. When you have 20 watts now, you don't replace them with a 20W cfl, that is far to bright..... They also last 5 to 8 times longer then a classic bulb.
And... there is much more collor variation in them, personally I use the warm white lights, which is perfect for a livingroom. Used to have the cold whites, but that was far to bright for me.

Only one negative about them, when they break they become chemical waste, but other then that I'm pretty content with them.

We now also sell led lights that look just like light bulbs, they are expensive but said to last 50x a classic bulb and there isn't anything toxic about them. Some people say these are much much to bright for a livingroom though.... need to try them.

Classic lights are illegal in Belgium as well, since 2009.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
I agree for some reason all the colors of that area look crappy...how many people get headaches from flourescent bulbs...I just really hate the light that it puts out..don't think people would mind if they were as crisp as incandescent bulbs...

I agree they give a very cold institutional feel to everything.
edit on 25-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Funny thing is...there are far more powerful bulbs that arent illegal. 1000w HPS arent illegal, neither are MH.

Gotta grow your herb plants with something I reckon!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
There is alot bigger issue with lighting going on although i dont think its this. Basically they want to change the long tube bulbs to something else which require a new electrical things to make the bulb work. These are like 25 dollars at home depot. This doesnt include intallation, meaning the places where there is that long tube lighting each ficture will cost like 150 to replace electrical stuff, and get new bulbs. This will cost older schools a crap load along with other people using the lighting

I'm sure the new "things" are made by GE Obamas new crime family chums.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I sell these cfl bulbs in my store and am using them in my home for the last two years. The thing is that they DO save energy, how could they not when you know that a 5W bulb gives as much light as a 20W classic bulb? But what I do see is many people not lowering the Watts of their lamps and then complain they are to bright, everyone wants the highest W bulbs. When you have 20 watts now, you don't replace them with a 20W cfl, that is far to bright..... They also last 5 to 8 times longer then a classic bulb.
And... there is much more collor variation in them, personally I use the warm white lights, which is perfect for a livingroom. Used to have the cold whites, but that was far to bright for me.

Only one negative about them, when they break they become chemical waste, but other then that I'm pretty content with them.

We now also sell led lights that look just like light bulbs, they are expensive but said to last 50x a classic bulb and there isn't anything toxic about them. Some people say these are much much to bright for a livingroom though.... need to try them.

Classic lights are illegal in Belgium as well, since 2009.

I've not seen any testing done to show that these bulbs last as long as they say and also I've seen some that they are going out a lot. I've had two go out in the last six months. Once they go I'll be back on the incy's that I'm stockpiling.

Oh yeah and that chemical waste. Nothing to worry about just mercury that can kill you. Don't eat fish with mercury but by all means fill your house with possible poisoning. They have also been shown to cause headaches.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Well, I suppose you would save some money if you have a lot of lights that stay on for long periods of time. The energy savings is a percentage, so the less energy you use for lighting, the smaller your savings are. I average 500kwh per month and do not notice energy savings from lighting because the vast majority of that energy is being used on my water heater, stove/oven, microwave, tv, ceiling fans, well pump and computer.
Increasing efficiency on any of these appliances would have a much more noticeable impact on my energy usage, that it doesn't even make sense to change out the light bulbs especially since the light put out from incandecents is much preferred.

new topics

top topics

join