It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug gang suspects rounded up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com

Federal, state and local authorities across the country are sending an unequivocal message to Mexican drug cartel members in the U.S. and Latin America: If you kill a U.S. agent, there will be repercussions.

"This is personal," Louie Garcia, deputy special agent with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said Thursday as authorities arrested more than 500 people in a nationwide sweep. "We lost an agent, we lost a good agent. And we have to respond."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This was not just a border states sweep
Authorities in Brazil, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia and Mexico conducted similar sweeps in concert with U.S!
authorities seized at least $10 million in cash and confiscated millions of dollars' worth of drugs I read like 16 tons worth of drugs!

So my question is, if they always knew where to look for these guys, why did they wait until now to do anything?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

news.yahoo.com

Federal, state and local authorities across the country are sending an unequivocal message to Mexican drug cartel members in the U.S. and Latin America: If you kill a U.S. agent, there will be repercussions.

"This is personal," Louie Garcia, deputy special agent with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said Thursday as authorities arrested more than 500 people in a nationwide sweep. "We lost an agent, we lost a good agent. And we have to respond."

Wow, they are so blatantly biased.. If you kill an agent, there will be repercussions. What about the US citizens killed in Mexico, or the Man that was shot off of his jet ski in US waters?
Where are the repercussions for that?
pfft

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So my question is, if they always knew where to look for these guys, why did they wait until now to do anything?

news.yahoo.com

Good question. They may have nabbed some bad guys, hopefully not ones they hired
But even still, it's not like they'll shut down the cartels, there's only one way to do that, legalize, but of course as HC said "too much money in the drug war"

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

you do know this sweep came after the Mexican Army paraded 6 men they claim were responsible for the murder
Link to news brief
Hard to say if these guys are the "Who-done-it" could very well be they just pluck 6 guys of the street and beat them into saying whatever those officials wanted them to say...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Dealing with the cartels isn'l like dealing with rational people; thinking they will learn a lesson and cease activity.
Now innocent officials will be targeted by the cartels to teach the police a lesson.

A cycle of reprisal that will only result in the innocent suffering while the corruption continues unabated. Brilliant!
edit on 25-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
In all honesty I do not know why these international criminals arent just shot on sight. The moment you get known in a cartel, you get your head taken off from a mile and a half away, or you get one of those fantastic J-DAM missiles dropped on your house. Got to be better than wasting all that military hardware on a desert full of shepherds?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I wish it was that easy. You could legalize all drugs but the cartel would just venture out into other areas, eg; increased ransom kidnappings, terrorizing, car and truck jacking, theft, etc.....These are bad guys, crime is all they know and what they do, for the majority of them not much would change.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

news.yahoo.com

Wow, they are so blatantly biased.. If you kill an agent, there will be repercussions. What about the US citizens killed in Mexico, or the Man that was shot off of his jet ski in US waters?
Where are the repercussions for that?
pfft

That's what I want to know.

Why did they wait until now to act. Wasn't there enough already going on?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I saw this story on the news yesterday. What I don't get is why did it take a law enforcement officer being murdered in order to make this round-up? Seriously, they already knew where these 500 drug cartel members were, why not arrest them long ago? I think that, secretly, they want this war on drugs to never end; however, they had to react when the drug cartel stepped out of line and broke the rules of their little game. Mark my words, all 500 (well 499 of them...minus the trigger man) will be released so the game can continue.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

to be fair there is a lot going on down there and they are not telling the American GP...
the NORCOM plan was activated giving the US authority to send in American agents they have a nice new high raise office complex in downtown Mexico city
the creation of a new American Intel agency OBI (office of Bi-national Intelligence) giving not the Mexican government but this OBI office command of the Mexican Military in the hunt for these cartel members...

So basically the US is now in control of a good part of the Mexican Government.... under the auspices of national security.... but it just feels wrong... especially in light of the way they did it with no big press conferences and assurances to the American public... something shady is going on and I haven't a clue as to what the ultimate plan is...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Most of the guys will be released for "lack of evidence." That always happens in big cases like this. They will use the little guys to try to find out information, when the little guy is used up he gets tossed out to take the big guy's spot. Then he owes the cops because they can let it be known that he is a rat. So, the have the controling interest in what he does.

I have a feeling if you read the book Serpico you will know how these federal agencies are operating. Serpico might have been NYC, but I believe the same principles apply to the feds these days.

Go check out CleanUpATF.org. I haven't seen allegations of bribery, or anything to suggest that senior agents are complicet in the drug trade. However, it is easy to see that even the agents believe that the leadership is a group of morally corrupt politicians with no respect for the agents they serve with or the citizens they are tasked to protect.

In case anybody wonders what the ATF has to do with the conversation, they allowed the guns that killed the agent to enter Mexico. They forced gun stores to sell guns to known smugglers and suspected strawmen. Then they intentionally let the weapons move south over the border. Many of the field agents complained and they were told to shut up by those in the local office and in Washington.

I wonder why the Customs and Border Patrol don't arrest the ATF agents they know aided in smuggling guns to cartels?
edit on 25-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yes there will be heavy repercussions for cartel members killing a U.S. I.C.E. agent.

edit on 2/25/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join