It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Pres. Nicolas Sarkozy says he is weighing military option

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I just seen this on Fox Business Channel, headline read along the lines of "French President Nicolas Sarkozy says Qaddafi must step down immediately and all violence towards people is unacceptable, he has said a military option is quite possible." (loose translation)

So I went for a search on the internet but no luck, maybe because it was just breaking and has yet to hit the news sites online.

Anyone find a link to this please post it here.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

That would be a positive step. It's about time countries clean up their own back yard. I am glad Obama stayed out of it so far.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
His word was "on military intervention, you know how France considers with great caution and reserve any attempt of this nature." from french medias ten minutes ago.

Believe me (i am french), France will avoid any military option for the moment.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

www.romandie.com...

Sarkozy en visite à Ankara: "Kadhafi doit partir" ANKARA -

Le président français Nicolas Sarkozy a appelé vendredi depuis Ankara le dirigeant libyen Mouammar Kadhafi à quitter le pouvoir, estimant que les violences commises par son régime contre le peuple libyen sont "inacceptables et feront l'objet d'enquêtes et de sanctions". "Monsieur Kadhafi doit partir", a déclaré M. Sarkozy au cours d'une conférence de presse commune avec son homologue turc, Abdullah Gül, à Ankara, où il fait une visite dans le cadre de la présidence française du G20. "Les violences répétées et systématiques contre le peuple libyen sont inacceptables, et feront l'objet d'enquêtes et de sanctions", a-t-il ajouté. M. Sarkozy avait déjà exigé jeudi soir, avec le président américain Barack Obama, "un arrêt immédiat de l'usage de la force" par les autorités libyennes, et pressé l'Union européenne d'adopter des "sanctions concrètes" contre les responsables de la répression en Libye. (©AFP / 25 février 2011 16h20)

Translation:»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Sarkozy visiting Ankara: "Gaddafi must leave"

Ankara - The French president Nicolas Sarkozy called friday from Ankara the lybian leader Muammar Gaddafi to step-down, estimating that the violence commited by its regime against the libyan people are "unnaceptable and will be the object of investigations and sanctions".

"Mr. Gaddafi must leave", declared Mr. Sarkozy during a press conference accompanied by his Turk equivalent, Abdullah Gül, in Ankara, where he's visiting related to the G20 French presidency.

"The repeated and systematic violence against the libyan people are unnacceptable, and will be the object of investigations and sanctions", he added.

Mr. Sarkozy had already required thursday evening, along with the american president Barack Obama, "an immediate stop to using force" by the libyan autorities, and pressed the European Union to adopt "concrete sanctions" against the responsibles of the repression in Lybia.

«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

They just said, basically, to stop the violence.

new topics

top topics

join