It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silly Misconceptions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is not meant to be a very serious thread but was just kurious to hear about some of your silly misconceptions.

When I was a kid, I lived in an industrial town. I thought the factories were making clouds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cad34c46dd6f.jpg[/atsimg]

Of course now I know better, clouds come from chemtrail planes.

Got any? I think you receive 1,000 extra points for contributing in Member threads.

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 25-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: fixy typos

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I used to think that too lol

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
When I was very young, I used to think that a man could nurse a baby - they have nipples, don't they? I learned that they cannot when I was about six.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When I was a kid I used to think Black people were brown cause they drank chocolate milk and I was white because I drank White milk. (I am allergic to chocolate so there was never any chocolate in our house) Now looking back I can't imagine why I would think that!!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
When I was a kid I used to think Black people were brown cause they drank chocolate milk and I was white because I drank White milk. (I am allergic to chocolate so there was never any chocolate in our house) Now looking back I can't imagine why I would think that!!

Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about! Even If no other replies THAT made it worth it.

Classic! Thanks.

Also as I kid, I was "status-blind." Our family had an old jalopy but I thought it was just as cool as a brand new model.
Didn't realize we were 'poor' until years later. Youthful innocence, ah good times.
edit on 25-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
when i was a kid every time i got a new pair of sneakers i thought that the new sneakers made me run faster .......

lol now i know better ..

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
When I was a kid I looked at dust motes in a beam of light and I thought the shining dust motes themselves were producing the light. I speculated that they were streaming out of the sun by the billions. Were they like little tiny pieces of the sun flaking off, or more like miniscule gobs of pure light? I spent a lot of time wondering how they passed through the windows and other objects...I thought they could go through solid objects, like ghosts.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

LOL Love it! Thanks! I too remember that exhilaration from a new pair of KEDS.

( BTW, you have intense eyes from your Member photo post where you were depressed. I appreciated the purity in your raw honesty.)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This one's pretty silly, I got a quirky mind

Anyway, before every Cubs baseball game on TV there is a show called "Lead Off Man". This is like an "intro" to the game and the commentators chit chat about various things.

But, when I was a child, I constantly mis -read this in the TV listings and I thought it said Lead OF Man. And I conjured up in my mind that it must be a show about evolution. Ever see that pic where there are hunched over monkeys and they progressively become more upright? I would see Lead OF Man listed - that image immediately popped into my mind.

And I was baffled as to WHY it was ALWAYS on! I concluded that evolution must be THE most fascinating thing ever and people were fixated on it - because this TV show was on so much

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I use to think that if I played with myself to much I would go blind. That's what my mother told me.

She was wrong. I only need to wear glasses.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

ROFLMAO

2nd: Still ROFL (A fell O in line 1)

new topics

top topics

join