It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Stephen Colbert join ‘Anonymous’? (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hello guys,

I just finished watching this and almost teared laughing so hard.

Colbert jokingly sides with anon... and the commentary is epic!

On his show last night, Comedy Central’s Stephen Colbert dug into the protest group “Anonymous” and came away with some wondering if he’d become a member. Speaking to Salon’s Glenn Greenwald, his guest told him, “We’re all Anonymous, is what they say.” Seconds later, a Guy Fawkes mask flashed across the screen over Colbert’s face (at 3:23 in the following clip). For a closer view of Colbert’s ‘Anonymous’ mask, click here. This video is from the Colbert Report, broadcast Feb. 24, 2011.

Watch here: Did Stephen Colbert join ‘Anonymous’? (Video)

The part where Colbert talks about anonymous is in the second video.... just fast forward through the first one.

Enjoy!
edit on 2/25/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The reason why I posted this thread was because of this one here.

Anonymous hacks and exposes Westboro charlatans Baptist Church internal infrastructure during live confrontation

I found it as an amusing coincidence. With anon gaining more publicity, I think Colbert is playing it safe and siding with Anon.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Looks like Colbert and his staff are having some fun with that. Obviously they popped that little subliminal mask on him in post production before the episode aired. I would have never noticed it without it having been pointed out...but that's how subliminal images are supposed to work.

Very cool stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Love Glenn Greenwald. Excellent speaker, very logical mind, and he gets his points across with absolute precision. Appreciate the post OP.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The clips posted on the LA Times has more of the commentary before the interview, which I think is actually funnier.

Stephen Colbert takes on HBGary's Anonymous problem
Direct Hulu Link ...

I loved it when he compared HBGary's actions as "sticking their penis in a hornet's nest".

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

thanks for the video links. they get right to the point instead of having to watch the whole show.

my favorite part was when Anon did this.

Colbert said that when Anonymous, which often comes to WikiLeaks’ defense, got wind of Barr’s plan to expose the identities of some of the group’s members, they struck back. The “global hacker nerd brigade” -- his words -- published Barr’s e-mails, wreaked havoc on his Twitter account, remotely wiped his iPad and revealed his World of Warcraft handle.

they sure as hell know how to make a point.

new topics

top topics

join