It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does it scare you that someone like this is helping make political decisions in our country??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Rep. David Wu from Oregon apparently isnt all there in the head. Call it stress, call it brain washing, call it a set-up, call it WHATEVER......BUT the man is pictured in a Tigger suit (Winnie the Pooh Cartoon for those who dont know haha) on the link....he sent that picture to his staff members. Some of the same staff members that slip him pain killers so he can cope. Check out the link and tell me your thoughts....haha

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

It scares me far more that Fox News influences groups of people in this country.
Someone being dorky doesn't worry me near as much as fear mongers.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I can understand if someone has a dorky, geeky, fantasy side to them. But as a representative of your state and ultimately your country. You have to have a professional line drawn in the sand that you just dont cross. And in this day and age with technology allowing for news to spread worldwide within seconds....you DONT send pictures of yourself in a Tigger costume to your professional staff members. Even if it was a joke or something family related you still dont allow those photos to be leaked; especially when you are the one who leaked them! haha

This isnt a matter of being fearful...this is a matter of recognizing lack of professionalism in our government.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

While I totally agree with you, I would rank sending a Tigger pic of yourself to your staffers - while on a bad tear from taking pain meds illegally obtained from a campaign donor - right up there with sending a body shot of yourself that you took while trolling Craigslist for women. You cannot make this stuff up.

And yes, it scares the hell out of me, along with the fear mongers because the common denominator is lack of judgment and a sense of entitlement. A dangerous combination.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Illegally taking medicine eh... that's what got Rush Limbaugh in so much trouble. Good thing Wu is a Democrat. The media will ignore him and the liberals here will deflect any criticism away from him.

Case in point LordTyp0's response.
edit on 25-2-2011 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Has he been convicted of any crime? I didn't see any comments to that effect. Until then, or until he demonstrates objective inability to do his job, then there is no reason for him to resign. So what if he's quirky? We could do with some quirkiness on the part of our gov't employees... most of them take themselves FAR too seriously.

If the voters of his district in Oregon think he is not representing them sufficiently, then they have the option of not electing him again next election.

This is MAAN.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It doesn't bother me as much as pics of our president dresses in traditional muslim garb.............
But I guess in todays world, this is enough reason to remove someone.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe he dressed up for his kids birthday party and thought it would be fun to email a lighter side of him to all his colleagues?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OMG!!!!

this guy needs to be impeached on grounds of severe psycho-sexual disorder

Furfag

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Couldve been worse.. At least he didnt send any pics of himself in corset, stockings and heels.. That wouldve been scary.. Compared to alot of pols there a tigger suit is nothing..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not to defend Mr. Wu's evidently poor sartorial taste, but it should be noted that even the loftiest world leaders have proud traditions of getting weird and "letting it all hang out" while dressed up like human peacocks:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c24b80139bc.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join