It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy: Philippine DOE Verifies Self-Charging Electric Car

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp

Bucky fuller invented a better way to build houses why don't we all live in domes? \

Because they're a poor use of interior and exterior space and materials for most domestic purposes and otherwise they offer little above conventional construction.

He also layed out a system of hydroelectric, tidal, geothermal, wind, and solar across the us and Canada that would more than get us off oil it would have provided a switch over for oil workers.

Very few countries use liquid petroleum for any substantial fraction of energy generation, it's too expensive. It's used for mostly transportation fuels plus a bit of lubrication and asphalt.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp

It's pretty obvious why efficient energy has come to pass. The market doesn't want it. The people who direct the market don't want it. Currency value and oil go hand in hand. These type of machines will destroy the current economic system. Plain and simple. If any of you want to have a discussion about economics, the value of currency, who controls the markets, and the energy/media monopolies I would be happy to oblige. Once you undrerstand even on a non conspiracy bases how every countries currency is tied to oil and energy you will realize why "free" energy is a big big problem for the governments of the world.

Sure, if you're Saudi Arabia.

Other than that, "free" energy would make other people very very very very very very rich.

They would "destroy" the economic system the way the discovery of petroleum technology in 1880 "destroyed" the economic system---by amplifying it tremendously.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Odin57410

This whole energy thing confused me! I mean if you can't create nor destroy energy and everything is made up of it then why can't energy be free? If all it takes to recycle energy is a couple of conversions and what not then I don't see why free energy is impossible. If we find an efficient way to do this then all will be better in this world...

This, here, is tricky.

Human beings have yet to encounter, document, verify, and/or reproduce an event that functions at perfect unity, or over-unity.

By unity - I mean that the system functions perfectly - in the correct application, a device operating at unity could take 'stray' energy and convert it into energy we can use for meaningful purposes. Depending upon which schools of thought you subscribe to - nothing in physics specifically prevents unity, but we have yet to develop or observe a system that behaves as such - spare for, perhaps, black-holes (whereby the mass absorbed will eventually evaporate into an explosion of energy... presuming hawking radiation is close to the mark - which is being a bit presumptuous).

By over-unity, I mean a device that returns more energy from a reaction than the sum of its reactants. For example - if you were to burn a gallon of fuel and get the same amount of energy as released by the Hiroshima bomb, for whatever reason, you would have experienced something of an over-unity event -IF- (and ONLY IF) there are no other reactions occurring to produce that energy. You would have to verify that energy is just "poof" out of nowhere.

Now - some modern physics offer a bit of a twist on things by opening up the possibility that other dimensions or universes can be accessed and energy drawn from them (or from the different energy states existing between the two). In this sense - it is not over-unity so much as it is drawing from a different source of energy (limited or limitless as it may be).

It should be noted that, even if the universe is infinite - it does not preclude the possibility for over-unity. Even if there is an infinite supply of hydrogen in the universe - it doesn't mean you can suddenly draw more energy out of fusion - just that, in theory, you could continue fusion indefinitely should you be able to continually access a supply of it.

Personally - I think we'll one day accomplish something akin to "over unity" (though we may find later that it is not, in fact, "over unity" so much as it is tapping into a sort of limitless source of energy... splitting hairs, I know) - but I don't expect an erector-set and some magnets to be the solution to achieving it. First, however, I think we will begin to be 'masters of entropy' by stumbling across phenomena that allow us to operate a very wide range of devices at unity while taking radiant energy and converting it to useful energy - though I don't think we are quite there, yet. Perhaps another 100 years to 1000 years, depending upon who gets lucky doing what.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
So is this MEG or electric car available in the market yet

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join