It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican: Priests Have Been Raping Nuns to Avoid Hookers with HIV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by Aeons
Did you know that they used to force poor Irish women into become nuns to get themselves and their children out of the debtors jails,

edit on 2011/2/25 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Would it be possible to show any source for this claim?

thanks.

Sure. But the records are all locked by the Vatican.

My Gr-Gr-Grandfather was sent here as an orphan in the Home-Child scheme by the Catholics, on an unnamed ship.

He was sent here because his Mother was told that it was the best thing for him, and her other children. They would get her and her children out of debtors prison if she because a Nun Of The Poor. And she did. And her youngest son was sent over to a "better life." An older one was sent out to become a merchant marine. We don't know what happened to the girls.

A better life, where the Bishop of the area he was sent to abused him and lent him out to others to be abused.

So, she was forced to join the order to get her children out of jail. The one that they got completely was abused by an Irish Catholic Bishop. The Catholic Church is still trying to cover it up - likely because the Bishop in question is related to people who are still very powerful in the Church, one of those people being ANOTHER much more recent bishop who is now a convicted pedophile.

I'd have probably let it go, but I wanted my damn family records so I could continue my research and they've been VERY through in wiping in them out. I'm pissed.

I imagine that it never occurred to anyone that we could find out so much with so little to go on. Probably would have been smarter for them to have given us the family records we were looking for - then I'd instead be digging around for birthdays written in bad writing on old parish registers.

(and if you're reading this and know who I am - if we figured this much out, the other stuff that "we might not want to know"....yeah - we figured that out too already. Maybe its herditary.
)
edit on 2011/2/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Lets not forget, that abuse,rape, happens in any religion, not just Christianity. Although the Catholic Religion is being predominantley targeted,other christian religions are also guiltyof abuse,rape also also. As is there abuse and rapes in Islam, Jewish Reigions also.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Can anyone find another source to confirm this? So far, I have been unable to.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Maybe they should have kept the eunuchs, tradition.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Vatican: Priests Have Been Raping Nuns to Avoid Hookers with HIV

www.alternet.o rg

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

Most of the abuse has occurred in Africa, where priests vowed to celibacy, who previously sought out prostitutes, have preyed on nuns to avoid contracting the Aids virus.

Confidential Vatican reports obtained by the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US, have r
(visit the link for the full news article)

The antics of the last vestiges of the evil Roman Empire still surprises people? That I think is a much bigger story as it proves there is an epidemic of mass stupidity going around that needs to be "cured".

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Will the abuse never end?

The most ridiculous rule here, is that people joining the RCC clergy in any form, must become celibate.

For hundreds of years, there was no celibacy in the RCC.

There are some who think it was a financial move - after all, it's a lot cheaper to house single men and women than it is to house married couples and their children...

I know personally of 2 priests who engaged in sexual activity with married women in their parish - the only result of it becoming public knowledge, was that the priest was moved to another parish, while the women in question were painted as "harlots" etc

There is something fundamentally wrong with the RCC regarding their views on celibacy - and until that changes, we will hear many more stories about the RCC clergy taking advantage of their positions of trust to satisfy their carnal desires.

www.alternet.o rg
(visit the link for the full news article)

That doesn't explain all the married christian men who have affairs?? Or the married paedophiles?

I see your point,but I don't think that allowing priests to marry,would stop the horrendous abuse of power,and the grip of sexual perversity on many of these rapists. You just have to look at the sexual affairs in the non catholic christians to see that marriage doesn't solve that problem.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
5/21/11..my girlfriend and i went to a rummage sale at a convent in corpus christi texas ..we have been there many times over the years..there must have been 100 cars in the parking lot yet no one in the rummage sale .we asked the ladys there what was going on..their reply was farher went crazy last nite and raped 8 nuns at gunpoint.he is now in the county jail.i saw no reason why the ladys would lye to us about something like that.well i contacted the news media kztv 10 and told them.as i have kztv friended on face book..you can guess i got a lot of negative responce..since then my posts have been removed.and when i talked to a friend on chat my post was flagged and my chatroom shut down..wonder if a gag order from the court is next.this got shut down and covered up fast..nueces county jail will not answer my inquiries..and the convent is locked down so i dont know the priests name..kztv seems not to remember my call..thats the power in action i guess

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

You're absolutely right, LibertyLover. It always comes down to the money and property! This is exactly why marriage was deemed forbidden.

Greed, greed, and more greed!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by spikey

Well don't expect nun's to be like megan fox lol, infact 90%+ are not attractive looking so people who become priests for sex with virgins shouldn't expect paradise. And yea at least they live the kids alone, dorkin pedo's

Good grief....
..how can you be so sure they leave the kids alone? highly unlikely.

The fact that the church has apologized is damage control. They are starting to be held accountable for much more these days....and threatened with severe legal action if they don't take the stance that such things are a CRIME. The only reason the pope is writing out about it,is because he's on a deep hook for allowing so many atrocious crimes against children go unpunished.

The fact is the law is stepping in ,and charging bishops and higher ups with child endangerment,for not stepping up to the plate and handling the cases they know about.

I really strongly believe this pope is covering the churches ass (oh I mean assets) big time if he is finally speaking out, or writing about such offences. Shame on him,and shame on his shepards who have inflicted this kind os sorrow on human souls.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
5/21/11..my girlfriend and i went to a rummage sale at a convent in corpus christi texas ..we have been there many times over the years..there must have been 100 cars in the parking lot yet no one in the rummage sale .we asked the ladys there what was going on..their reply was farher went crazy last nite and raped 8 nuns at gunpoint.he is now in the county jail.i saw no reason why the ladys would lye to us about something like that.well i contacted the news media kztv 10 and told them.as i have kztv friended on face book..you can guess i got a lot of negative responce..since then my posts have been removed.and when i talked to a friend on chat my post was flagged and my chatroom shut down..wonder if a gag order from the court is next.this got shut down and covered up fast..nueces county jail will not answer my inquiries..and the convent is locked down so i dont know the priests name..kztv seems not to remember my call..thats the power in action i guess

Oh you can bet they won't let it get out in public if that is true...honestly think some of these priests are victims of mind control. The Jesuits I heard were big into mind control,and very very sadistic.

(shudders)

Thankyou for posting this ...its very revealing of some of the very deep seated problems within that church.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You cannot say that the Catholic church as a whole has not been proactively thinking outside the box for solutions to the epidemic of STDs creeping across the lands. I am sure as hell not saying this is good in any way shape or form. Just saying they are imaginative.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I am so sorry to hear your family suffered so much Aeons . It makes me so sad..so sad..that people who are supposed to working for a loving entity,can be so twisted....and its not just the odd one..back then I think it was worse than today,because everyone was afraid to speak out.

The cruelest thing I saw in grade school was done by a nun..When I think about it now..I'm not so sure she was even a woman..she seemed like a man dressed up in a nuns habit.

I wish for healing for your family Aeons ,and may the ones that have passed over be in a much more loving place.

Thankyou for sharing with us ,and I'm praying for you and all your loved ones.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by budski

"long live catholics..."
you make me sick...

CATHOLICS ALL OVER THE WORLD: KEEP PRAYING TO THAT ANTICHRISTE CALLED THE POPE!
www.southparkstudios.com...

South Park: Red Hot Catholic Love
Original Air Date: 07.03.2002

A sexual abuse scandal involving priests hits South Park and is taken all the way to the Vatican. While the boys try to understand why anyone would want to put something up their butts, Cartman comes up with a way to crap out of his mouth.

edit on 25-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

No one prays to the Pope. Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

reply to post by BrokenCircles

I'm sure you could have just clicked on the link, but for some reason chose not to do so and instead questioned the validity of the claim as a precursor to attacking the source more vehemently, which truth be told is a very tired and old tactic.

edit on 25/2/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

I simply stated my opinion and asked an honest question. That one 'word', or grouping of letters, is all that it takes to belittle the whole article in my opinion. I cannot understand why anyone who would be writing an honest article would want to use a 'word' such as that. Nothing is gained by using that as a word.

I am unsure of the accusations you have aimed at me. I am not religious. I will never attempt to defend the church. I am unaware of this tactic that you think I was trying to use. Maybe you should only use links which do not use childish sayings, if you do not wish for anyone to question them.

one link goes to AlterNet

one link goes to The Independent

Meanwhile, the OP and the two links both refer to the National Catholic Reporter.

I checked, the National Catholic Reporter have an extensive website. I couldn't find this particular article, but as I wrote, it is a large website.

I too am interested in reading the material from the original source. Hopefully the OP will not burst into flames at my mention of this. We're just here to discuss the subject matter.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join